Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Fire Installation

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know if I am being ripped off or is it a genuine quote. I am currently getting the house renovated and had a Gas Fitter out to quote me for an installation of a Gas fire into my fire place. Quote for just the pipe work and tanks is 650 euro. Thats to run pipe from fireplace drill through wall and run it along ground into trench already there over to a wall where he is installing two cylinders with manual fail over. The builder is going to bury the pipe under new foot path and in trench across drive way and has vent in sitting room done for him. The pipe will run about 30 feet. Any help appreciated..

tdavfc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

What labour is involved in the tank installation ? ,is the installer organising the tanks for you or will the tanks be already there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Labour is what ever he has to do to take it from fire drill through wall. Take the pipe along the wall outside into trench to tanks. The builder I have in the house at the minute is burying pipe under new footpath and is digging the trench for him. The build has also installed the vent in room. Gas fitter is supplying the two cylinders. Thanks

Advertisement