Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with the government planes?

• 22-04-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭

No jacks in Learjet?

No headroom?

Fires on Beechcraft?

Should we, like Bertie, be worried about our leaders?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Theres no jax in any Learjet, small enough aircraft. Bertie uses the Gulfstream anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭blackbox

I don't think he mentioned the Gulfstream. How is it for headroom & fires?

Just how many are there in the fleet (squadron?)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well he uses the Gulfstream for anything longer than Dublin-shannon!

Tis roomy

What do you mean by fires?

Theres only one GV and one LR45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

blackbox wrote: »
    I don't think he mentioned the Gulfstream. How is it for headroom & fires?

Just how many are there in the fleet (squadron?)?

Gulfstream 5
    Learjet 45
    King Air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Theres no jax in any Learjet, small enough aircraft.

That must be mighty awkward for long flights. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Laying the ground work for his successor to aquire an A319 biz jet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The Learjets are usually only used on shorter haul stuff I would have thought, certainly the early ones used to have chemical loos with a curtain.

Why should they need anything bigger than the Gulfstream ?

The biggest aircraft that 32 sq in the RAF have ( the VIP/Royal flight ) is the Bae146 .

If the Queen/PM wants to cross the atlantic they hire an aircraft from BA or someone. Is this not possible for the guys here ?

I missed the original thing on the news , anyone got a link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Davidth88 wrote: »
    The Learjets are usually only used on shorter haul stuff I would have thought, certainly the early ones used to have chemical loos with a curtain.

Why should they need anything bigger than the Gulfstream ?

The biggest aircraft that 32 sq in the RAF have ( the VIP/Royal flight ) is the Bae146 .

If the Queen/PM wants to cross the atlantic they hire an aircraft from BA or someone. Is this not possible for the guys here ?

I missed the original thing on the news , anyone got a link ?

Speaking of the Ba146, did anyone catch Panorama ??? program the other night highlighting the poor air quality coming through in certain commerical airline aircraft.
    The Ba146 and 757 appeared to have worst record.
    High level of oil chemicals found in samples taken.
    Also a few ex 146 pilots had retired due to poor health and they blamed it on air quality.

Anyway back to topic maybe lack of facilities will prompt a few of them to eat/drink less and bring the expense down saving us all some tax revenues.
    BTW there aren't that many skinny politicans ;)

Now that economy is sliding into recession the chances of them being able to get any fancy aircraft is getting slimmer but then again they have the balls to look after themselves no matter what else is needed.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭blackbox

What do you mean by fires?

Apparently Bertie said that the Beechcraft (Superking) is largely unused since there were some minor fires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The Super KingAir is not used due to fires !

What a load of rubbish

If there were fires , lets see the incident reports . ( anyone here know the inside track ? )

What Bertie meant to say , we don't like to use the King air because its not a jet and therefore doesn't have the qudos a jet would have , nor I suspect is it as comfortable. I also imagine it's not as flexible as far as the weather is concerned.

Years ago the RAF used to operate a mixed fleet of Devons ( old twin pistons ) and HS125s for the ministerial flight. ( 32 sq ) At one point they leaked out that they were getting fed up with ministers insisting on the HS125 when the Devon would have done the job perfectly , just because of the reasons stated above.

Advertisement