Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase question

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm using Cubase Sx3. Virus Ti Keyboard. The MIDI to Audio seems to be a bit weird which is annoying.

I reinstalled windows last week. Reinstalled Cubase. Reinstalled my Virus software. Loaded Cubase and it said the following:

"The Current ASIO-MME configuration was never tested, or previously failed the test. This test can check the sync reliability of all the currently selected audio input and output ports, with their current options. This test is the definitive check to see if your current configuration supports effectivev audio communication and therefore MIDI to audio sync

If the test fails, you will have to either select fewer simultaneous audio input and output ports or adjust their buffer sizes or options. Should the current configuration be tested? Yes/No"

Seems all well and fine. I select yes

"The test was successful. The current ASIO - MME configuration appears to be ok."

Now, when I load up a file I made earlier before reinstalling windows with Cubase, it sounds like its "retarded". I'm not trying to be funny, but the track basically is really laggy, and is really delayed its like someone has their finger on an old record and is slowing it and speeding it up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

go to vst devices and check that asio is running the sound management. It might be using the pcs on board sound card drivers instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sounds like the sample rate is messed up. Go to Project Settings and check what sample rate you're using now, if you're using 44.1kHz switch it to 48k or vice-versa (I'm too tired to figure out which one will actually cause playback to slow down as opposed to speed up).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

Hi guys,

I reinstalled windows last week.

theres your problem.are you using vista?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Sweet!

I think you both solved my problem. Thats worked thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

brow_601 wrote: »
    theres your problem.are you using vista?

My exact thought too!

• Advertisement

lol I might be stupid, but I'm not that dumb to install Vista....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

lol I might be stupid, but I'm not that dumb to install Vista....

Well in that case I'd go along with Cornbb's thoughts on sample rate. It sounds like the default sample rate may now be lower than what you recorded the project at intially.

Sweet!

I think you both solved my problem. Thats worked thanks guys :)

Nah - as I said above, they solved the problem :)

Advertisement