Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping in Ireland

• 23-04-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Need to ship a large parcel from Dublin to mayo. Its not that heavy maybe 5Kg and about 1.6m high and 0.75m wide. What are my options? And collection would be handier but not essential,,

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try golden pages and look for couriers. i did but copying the link didnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Was hoping for a bit more info,, that people have used before etc prices..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

davton wrote: »
    Was hoping for a bit more info,, that people have used before etc prices..

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

If you have access to an Independent Directory I believe they had vouchers for shipping stuff in Ireland.

taught i would update this a bit further,, haven't had much luck. DHL were looking for €128!! think i would rather drive myself, fed ex wouldn't quote me because it wasn't international, wasn't obviously dealing with someone that didn't have a clue. Most companies would quote me either because i didn't have an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

an post ?

Posted something from Arklow to Dublin toda as a guide....

4.5 Kg

Insured for up to 320 Euro

17 Euro and some cent

would have been about 14 without the insurance and just get delivery receipt , no signature with the 14 euro option also

but the cubic kg comes out at 66kg, i taught they take 30kg max?

the actual weight of my parcel is only about 2 kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

have you looked here?

John mac wrote: »
    have you looked here?

Ah,,, but have you looked HERE

Parcel

The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.

Dimensions
    Maximum dimensions:
    Length: 1.5 metres
    Length: + Girth 3 metres

To calculate the Girth: 2 x (Depth + Width)

Weight
    The maximum weight limit per item is 20kg.

Sometimes, large items with a light overall weight - such as a box of pillows - can be charged according to their Dimensional Weight. This reflects the additional cost of transporting light but sizeable items. It is recommended that you calculate the Dimensional Weight for every shipment that you send, then compare this to its actual weight. The greater weight of the two is used to work out the price that we charge you.

To calculate the Dimensional Weight:
    (L x W x D) / 6,000

L = Length in centimetres
    W = Width in centimetres
    D = Depth in centimetres

Example:
    A 10kg item, which is 62cm long, 49cm in width and 39cm in depth will have a Dimensional Weight of:

(62x49x39)/6000 = 19.75 which is rounded up to 20 giving you a Dimensional weight of 20kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

GLS via any of the GLS parcel shops (one at Heuston Station + Connolly station also @ GLS in Knockmitten Dublin 12 near Parkwest) - cost €16 for that size. http://www.gls-ireland.com/en/shop/preisklassen.php3

With all courier deliveries make sure daytime contact number is on the parcel, otherwise there can be delays in delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Try interlink, now known as dpd
    Once had to post something similar to your size/weight etc from waterford to dublin and cost 20 euro. They had it the following day aswell. Would definitely recommend them.

www.dpd.ie

mcaul wrote: »
    GLS via any of the GLS parcel shops (one at Heuston Station + Connolly station also @ GLS in Knockmitten Dublin 12 near Parkwest) - cost €16 for that size. http://www.gls-ireland.com/en/shop/preisklassen.php3

With all courier deliveries make sure daytime contact number is on the parcel, otherwise there can be delays in delivery.

not for me...
    Result

Your parcel's belt measure is 350 cm.

The parcel's belt measure exceeds the maximum belt measure of 300 cm.

The parcel may not be sent via GLS.

Advertisement