Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to look for a job in meath?

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

as above, any ideas where to look, id consider anything, im working in garages all my life as a salesman but id like a change, id still consider sale but away from cars if possible, need a change to refresh myself...
    im 23 if that helps

id consider anything even advise on what carear path to take
    your help would be greatly welcomed:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Don't look for a job in Navan Hospital. There are very strong vibes that it's gradually closing down. Monaghan is all but gone, despite all the protests from local people there.
    Anyway, that's not the advice you were looking for.
    There is an industrial estate at Johnstown with a lot of firms, like EuropAssistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I heartily recommend www.jobs.ie

Sort it by county and see whats out there in all job types in Meath. You never know what might grab your fancy, and that site made me feel there are more jobs in Meath that I previously believed.
    I've lived in Meath over 5 years and always commuted to Dublin; generally while using the more common jobsites to find new work. I've been using that site for about a month and I've just completed my first week in a new home based field sales role in Meath and Kildare. Yeay! I'm chuffed to not be driving to Dublin everyday.

IMO, its the best recruitment site out there and the jobs are genuine, unlike many of the more well known sites who I find to post fake jobs just to get your CV. A lot of companies advertise direct on that site too which I consider to be a good thing.

In its favor, recruitireland.com has a great section with tips for job finders on everything from appearance to attitude. I learned some things from there that I think were definitely of assistance.

Also make sure your CV is polished. There are a lot more candidates around at the moment, so try to present yourself as best you can in the details you send companies. Small errors are surprisingly common and an incredibly negative thing.

Good luck finding something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

kelle wrote: »
    Don't look for a job in Navan Hospital. There are very strong vibes that it's gradually closing down. Monaghan is all but gone, despite all the protests from local people there.
    Anyway, that's not the advice you were looking for.
    There is an industrial estate at Johnstown with a lot of firms, like EuropAssistance.

Bloody hell. The good folk of the Northeast are really being shafted on healthcare. Its already atrocious, and the plans are to scale that back........>insert sigh of despair........<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Archeron wrote: »
    Bloody hell. The good folk of the Northeast are really being shafted on healthcare. Its already atrocious, and the plans are to scale that back........>insert sigh of despair........<

Yes, despite the huge population increase in Meath! The plans for the new super hospital appears to have been shafted, instead there are plans to extend Cavan and Drogheda hospitals.
    For the OP, an admin post at the hospital would have been an ideal place to start at the bottom and work his way up.

Advertisement