Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords coilovers

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Quoted 190 for set of coilovers to lower mk4 golf by 30mm, worried bout quality/standard of their products. any experience yourselves of this? how much to get them fitted too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

What make are they? They sound very cheap tbh, coilovers are going for 300 euro on ebay..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

They must be lowering springs,youd be doing well finding coilovers for that kind of money,even 300 would be pittance and more than likely not a proper set.

Find out the make of them first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

i don't know about the quality of halfords stuff but i wouldn't put lowering springs that cost that much near my car.

The coilovers i have on my bora now are made by koni (one of there best sets) and the cost circa 600 stg if i remember correctly,that kind of puts it into perspictive.

the old adage you get what you pay for was never more true,lowering/altering a cars suspension is a serious modification,i would stick with OEM manufactureres if was you,the likes of Koni,KW,eiback,bilstein etc

My old golf (a car you know well enough) has the koni sport kit of matched springs and adjuatable dampers,cost me 500 euro odd inc shipping from the UK,that is a great kit and i would recommend it if you are on a budget.

Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

I have P1s in my bora! Nice spring! Love them!:D
    I wouldnt buy coilovers from Halfords. Just dont have much trust in them!
    Search up north for a set! Can work out cheaper!Especially with the sterling rate at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

you sure they arent just spacers?? or they quoted your per corner??

halfords dont make theri own, they will be spax , koni etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

thanks for all your help. will be back in over the weekend. I asked the lad how much for coilovers and thats what he said for set of 4. Considering the cheapest on ebay is 300 I'm doubtful enough. Heard koni's are the way to go on other forums, what do ye think? I'm useless when it comes to this so I'll be taking all your advice!
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

halfords parts are rubbish , only kids buy a bnackbox for 70 quid and weld it onto there car.

coilovers for under 200 quid ??? i think ill buy some and re-sticker them....

catch some ricers out :pac:

Advertisement