Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

• 23-04-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭

October 2007 -- IwW's 'Fifth Anniversary Tour' hosts 13 shows in 10 days in front of over 3,000 fans.

March 2008 -- IwW's 'St Paddy's Tour' sells out six shows in six days in some of the largest venues the country has to offer.

This June, Irish Whip Wrestling will top it all with the biggest two independent pro-wrestling shows this country has ever seen.

With a host of the world's top talent, names who are synonymous with WWE, RoH, Championships and critical acclaim, IwW invades the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght and Cork's Neptune Stadium in a double-shot of shows that are sure to rock the foundations of the wrestling world.

Thus far announced are such names as former WWE Tag-Team Champions, LA RESISTANCE, former WWE, WCW and ECW star RAVEN, former RoH Champion 'The American Dragon' BRYAN DANIELSON, former WWE Cruiserweight Champion DAIVARI, American RoH star CHAD COLLYER, British RoH and NOAH talent DOUG WILLIAMS plus your favourite IwW talent such as MANDRAKE, MAD MAN MANSON, BALLYMUN BRUISER and many more!

See below for more information on this mega-tour and make sure you stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com for any further announcements on this unmissable weekend of action!

tallaghtposter.jpg

Saturday 14th June

IwW @ National Basketball Arena

National Basketball Arena,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin

Doors Open: 6.45pm
    Bell-Time: 7.30pm

Tickets: ONLY E25
    (Available from: Tallaght Basketball Arena Box Office (01) 4597500 & The Wrestling Shop, Artane Castle (01) 8511423 or via Paypal through si_rochie@yahoo.co.uk)

Special Front Row Tickets are available on request with a free program & DVD!

There will be a free meet & greet on the night with all the stars

corkposter.jpg

Sunday 15th June

IwW @ Cork

Neptune Stadium,
    North Monastery Rd,
    Blackpool,
    Cork City

Doors Open: 6pm
    Bell-Time: 6.30pm

Tickets: ONLY E25
    (Available from Pro Musica, Cork City (021) 4271659 or via Paypal through si_rochie@yahoo.co.uk)

There will be a free meet & greet on the night with all the stars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bryan Danielson? :D Although I'll get to meet him the next week anyway. Excellent stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Amazing line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I missed the last show so definitely gonna try and make it to the Cork show this time! Great line-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just wonderin, why is there no mention of IWW on the posters?

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just wonderin, why is there no mention of IWW on the posters?

As it is appealing to a boarder, more casual audience than IWW usual attracts. They are rightly letting the names sell the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

rovert wrote: »
    As it is appealing to a boarder, more casual audience than IWW usual attracts. They are rightly letting the names sell the show.

Nope, don't think that's it for a second. IWW's usual crowd is a majority of hyperactive children anyway so the absence of the name has nothing to do with that.

Could be that IWW was just a really stupid name and they are deciding to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Front row and general admission tickets for these shows are available via Paypal through si_rochie@yahoo.co.uk.

As it is appealing to a boarder, more casual audience than IWW usually attracts. They are rightly letting the names sell the show.
    rizzla wrote: »
    Nope, don't think that's it for a second. IWW's usual crowd is a majority of hyperactive children anyway so the absence of the name has nothing to do with that.

Could be that IWW was just a really stupid name and they are deciding to change it.

WAT, did you actually read what I wrote?

They are not changing the name either that would be stupid. Many companies de-emphasize their name to run a big American Wrestling this is not new or novel (NLW is doing this also.) As I said before they are letting the names and the poster to sell the show. This is a wise move on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Do the front row tickets with all the extras cost extra?

Very interesting line-up by the way; good mix of wrestlers.

WAT, did you actually read what I wrote?

Yes.

IWW usually attracts hyperactive children with carefree parents. Children are the most casual members of a wrestling audience. They don't have half a notion of what goes on "behind the scenes".

So if IWW just decided to change the name for these shows, it comes across as really stupid to just let the "names sell the show", if people enjoy themselves they'll be more likely to return to an International Wrestling Entertainment show. And if IWW advertise another show in the same area as IWE did people would assume it's a completly different promotion and would be more wary to get tickets, as they believed IWE hosted the show last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Judging by the type of parent that brings their kids, I doubt they can read, let alone actually decide for whetehr the company is missing a W.

I thought it was odd as well not having IWW on the poster, but once at the show itself, there are plenty banners etc to let people know exactly what the promotion is called.

Yes.

IWW usually attracts hyperactive children with carefree parents. Children are the most casual members of a wrestling audience. They don't have half a notion of what goes on "behind the scenes".

So if IWW just decided to change the name for these shows, it comes across as really stupid to just let the "names sell the show", if people enjoy themselves they'll be more likely to return to an International Wrestling Entertainment show. And if IWW advertise another show in the same area as IWE did people would assume it's a completly different promotion and would be more wary to get tickets, as they believed IWE hosted the show last time.

Children aren’t the most casual of fans for IWW or WWE, they are the core audience. Hyperactive children are IWW's core audience, go to every and any IWW show they out number adults and teens 4 to 1 at least. So you are wrong here.

If you've followed the promotion of shows in the UK & Ireland only one thing draws majorly are name wrestlers. IWW has promoting for 5 years without a 1PW/FWA style hiccup, I think they know what they are doing and has learned from other's mistakes. They know IWW isn’t THE draw in venues of this size. The poster has IWW’s signature design featuring IWW’s most recognisable wrestlers I don’t think trust is an issue.

Irish Whip Wrestling isn't changing names for this or any shows, these are being promoted under the IwW banner as all shows we have are. The designer of the poster didn't have any high quality pictures of the logo at the time of going to print, hence the international wrestling entertainment slogan. That isn't the new name of the company, simply just informing people what they can expect to see (e.g. All-Star Wrestling will often promote their shows under the banner, 'Big Time Wrestling', but it is still All-Star)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yes.

all pro-wrestling shows in ireland attract the same type of audience. When WWE come to town its the same thing, thousands of hyperactive kids and their clueless (as regards wrestling) parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got a free ticket for this :D

rossie1977 wrote: »
    all pro-wrestling shows in ireland attract the same type of audience. When WWE come to town its the same thing, thousands of hyperactive kids and their clueless (as regards wrestling) parents.

True, but when there's no guard rail, it seems like more of a problem than it actually is.

IwW have taken all feedback on board regarding this matter and you'll note that a lot of these complaints stemmed from last year's 'Global Impact' show in The Forum, Waterford (where The Forum provides their own security).

As a result, during more recent shows and especially during the IwW St Paddy's Tour in March (where we were dealing with consistently packed houses), we personally increased security for the shows and have found that all who attended that may have previously had a problem saw big improvements in this respect.

Irish Whip Wrestling takes great pride in the fact that it always takes fans' feedback on board and we feel that if anyone who felt there was a problem before attends the upcoming shows, they will see a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I do have to say the difference between global impact and when IWW was last in waterford was like night and day, wrestling in ireland will alway attract the kiddies and the parents, but security was much tighter at the waterford show during the paddys day tour then it ever was during global impact

So iww did take the feedback on board and made changes for the better in that respect, i felt sorry for the wrestlers at global impact, especially the japanese guys who probably werent used to the kiddies rushing them and clapping them on there back every 5 seconds, but as leggo said it has been addressed

Shin

Do the front row tickets with all the extras cost extra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would love to see this show, I always liked Rob Conway, but it clashes with Greece v Russia Euro 2008 match so I can't make it. Might buy the DVD though.

So.... when is the next time that this promotion will do a show in Dublin??

Doesn't look like TNA will ever come here, and WWE havn't been here since The Point closed, probably not a coincedence.

IWW looks good though, I will keep an eye on the website from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

leggo wrote: »
    Irish Whip Wrestling isn't changing names for this or any shows, these are being promoted under the IwW banner as all shows we have are. The designer of the poster didn't have any high quality pictures of the logo at the time of going to print, hence the international wrestling entertainment slogan. That isn't the new name of the company, simply just informing people what they can expect to see (e.g. All-Star Wrestling will often promote their shows under the banner, 'Big Time Wrestling', but it is still All-Star)

Bring Back Jamie Colman, the real ceo of IWW, All those in favour of NLW .. . . . . . . . say I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Bring Back Jamie Colman, the real ceo of IWW, All those in favour of NLW .. . . . . . . . say I

Ah jamie coleman,tape trader and fanzine "expert".
    Him and Lenard what a double team,plying there trade from both sides of dublin and likely to be found in smyths selling dodgy copies of videos to kids on a Saturday.

Those dark days before ebay/roh/amazon and various other legit sellers.

Where are there now :confused:

Could this be the bebo of the infamous jamie???dam private profiles
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3361683065

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Charisteas wrote: »
    So.... when is the next time that this promotion will do a show in Dublin??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55820750&postcount=687

Three days in Dublin and one in Dunshaughlin in May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Quick question? will there be a bar in neptune as there is in waterford??
    pppppppleeeeease. :D:D

Off the top of my head, there's definitely a refreshment stand with food and drink. Whether they sell alcohol or not, I'm not too sure on.

Bar's being at shows depends entirely on whether the venue has a licence to supply alcohol or not. Unfortunately it's not something IwW can control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Typical of the amateurish attitude that pervades everything to do with IWW, even when they were given national TV exposure with that peurile Ballymun Bruiser documentary they coldn't be bothered to give them the proper name of the company. I guess when your own workers are as bad as Mandrake, Bam Katraz and Rick O Shea you're better off keeping your own company's name of the ads!

And where in the name of God did they pull the picture of Danielson in a mask from?! He hasn't worked in that mask for at least 5 years. Again lazy, lazy promotion by IWW. They have the privilege of actually getting their backyarders a little ringtime with by far the finest wrestler they've ever or will ever book and instead of advertising a guy who would actually draw people to their school gymnasium, they put a picture up of him that even the most avid of wrestling fans wouldn't recognise from Adam. Hilarious stuff guys, you should be so proud.:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

flahavaj wrote: »
    Typical of the amateurish attitude that pervades everything to do with IWW, even when they were given national TV exposure with that peurile Ballymun Bruiser documentary they coldn't be bothered to give them the proper name of the company. I guess when your own workers are as bad as Mandrake, Bam Katraz and Rick O Shea you're better off keeping your own company's name of the ads!

And where in the name of God did they pull the picture of Danielson in a mask from?! He hasn't worked in that mask for at least 5 years. Again lazy, lazy promotion by IWW. They have the privilege of actually getting their backyarders a little ringtime with by far the finest wrestler they've ever or will ever book and instead of advertising a guy who would actually draw people to their school gymnasium, they put a picture up of him that even the most avid of wrestling fans wouldn't recognise from Adam. Hilarious stuff guys, you should be so proud.:eek:

Ouch:):):):);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    I guess when your own workers are as bad as Mandrake, Bam Katraz and Rick O Shea you're better off keeping your own company's name of the ads!

Ah now, Mandrake and Bam Katraz aren't THAT bad....

And where in the name of God did they pull the picture of Danielson in a mask from?! He hasn't worked in that mask for at least 5 years. Again lazy, lazy promotion by IWW. They have the privilege of actually getting their backyarders a little ringtime with by far the finest wrestler they've ever or will ever book and instead of advertising a guy who would actually draw people to their school gymnasium, they put a picture up of him that even the most avid of wrestling fans wouldn't recognise from Adam. Hilarious stuff guys, you should be so proud.

Speaking for myself and not IwW:

Very sorry you feel that way sir, but IwW promote to suit an increasingly growing fanbase (the numbers don't lie, selling out bigger venues with bigger shows with each passing tour), not bitter people who only began to run down IwW after they were banned from their forums. I remember a distinctly different tune from you when you were sneaking around our forums trying to hawk your pirate DVDs, but hey there's no pleasing some people.

IwW is and always has been about giving Irish wrestling fans back a blend of budding local talent alongside the world's top independent names. As has already been addressed in this thread, if feedback is presented to us in a constructive manner we ALWAYS do our best to rectify the problems.

However, your feedback is not only bitter but serves no other purpose than to run down a growing independent promotion who have lads breaking their balls trying to run as good a show as possible for fans like yourself. I'd question why, if you clearly don't have any interest in IwW, do you persist to post on numerous occassions in almost EVERY. SINGLE. TOPIC about the promotion running it down for no apparent reason other than to make yourself seem like an expert? The key word in this post is constructive, and surerly a well-spoken gentleman like yourself has something more constructive to do with his time, no?

• Advertisement

Speaking for myself and not IwW:

Very sorry you feel that way sir, but IwW promote to suit an increasingly growing fanbase (the numbers don't lie, selling out bigger venues with bigger shows with each passing tour), not bitter people who only began to run down IwW after they were banned from their forums. I remember a distinctly different tune from you when you were sneaking around our forums trying to hawk your pirate DVDs, but hey there's no pleasing some people.

I'm sure they are doing very well for themselves but thats completely irrelevant, sir. As for running them down after being banned from their forums, thats rubbish, I've always been adamant about their uselessness! I hardly had a different opinion of IWW when I was on their boards tormenting the gormless moderators did I? As for sneaking around the forum, I'm not sure how thats even possible to be honest. Its not a secret that I trade DVDs. In fact you've done the same in the past yourself lad, does spending 40 Euro on 4 discs ring a bell? Silly silly boy.;)
    IwW is and always has been about giving Irish wrestling fans back a blend of budding local talent alongside the world's top independent names. As has already been addressed in this thread, if feedback is presented to us in a constructive manner we ALWAYS do our best to rectify the problems.
    I'm perfectly entitled to criticise IWW and their poorly trained wrestlers, badly designed posters and ****ty product. This forum is designed to give people the opportunity to air their opinions which is what I do. If that hurts your feelings I'm sorry mate. People bash WWE, ROH, TNA and every other promotion on here constantly if you think IWW are immune from this then you're seriously deluded.:p
    However, your feedback is not only bitter but serves no other purpose than to run down a growing independent promotion who have lads breaking their balls trying to run as good a show as possible for fans like yourself. I'd question why, if you clearly don't have any interest in IwW, do you persist to post on numerous occassions in almost EVERY. SINGLE. TOPIC about the promotion running it down for no apparent reason other than to make yourself seem like an expert? The key word in this post is constructive, and surerly a well-spoken gentleman like yourself has something more constructive to do with his time, no?

Why would I be bitter,seriously? I post in most topics around here, if everyone whinged like a baby everytime something nasty was said on here there would be anarchy. Take it on the chin lad I thought you were bigger than that. As for your expert jibe, surely it doesn't take an expert to see that your poster is a laughable attempt at promoting a wrestling show (which by the way was my original reason for posting before you decided to go off topic and make it personal).

Oh and back on topic, Daivari was never cruiserweight champion in WWE, either! This is just embarrassing, bush league stuff guys, seriously? Or does that count as constructive criticism?:D

I've never purchased one DVD off you, nor have I met you or had one full private conversation with you online or offline before.

I would appreciate you not invent blatant lies about me, whether you are 'entitled' to criticise IwW (despite having been to maybe 1-2 IwW shows tops in the past and having no previous promotional experience to criticise with any sort of credibility) or not. Thank you. Such lies cross a legality border that I'm sure you're not willing to travel. Much obliged.

I've never purchased one DVD off you, nor have I met you or had one full private conversation with you online or offline before.

I would appreciate you not invent blatant lies about me, whether you are 'entitled' to criticise IwW (despite having been to maybe 1-2 IwW shows tops in the past and having no previous promotional experience to criticise with any sort of credibility) or not. Thank you. Such lies cross a legality border that I'm sure you're not willing to travel. Much obliged.

Don't make me laugh mate, have you been at the alcopops tonight? I never once said you bought DVD's from me, just that you have done so from others in the past, which is anything but a lie. You're the one who made this personal lad and you're looking increasingly foolish in the process with your talk of legality on a wrestling forum. I think you've been watching too much Judge Judy or Matlock! The truth is you'd be better off spending your time worrying about the legality of the false claims on that ****ty poster of yours to be honest!!!:D:)

The use of "lad" in this topic is truly vicious!

As for this show; the venue is handy-out to get to, I haven't been to an IwW show in yonks while I'm a pretty big Danielson fan, so I'll probably head to this, even if Ally McBeal there can't/won't tell me if the front row tickets cost extra. :)

I would appreciate you not invent blatant lies about me

I'm sure Davari will feel that way when he sees your poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why all the fussin' and afeudin'? Can't we all just get along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

in fairness to IWW they do put on a good show for 20euro and they do bring over some top indie guys every year.

and its not as if IWW are the first pro-wrestling company to bend the truth now is it ;)

The use of "lad" in this topic is truly vicious!

As for this show; the venue is handy-out to get to, I haven't been to an IwW show in yonks while I'm a pretty big Danielson fan, so I'll probably head to this, even if Ally McBeal there can't/won't tell me if the front row tickets cost extra. :)

Of course the front row tickets will cost extra. The aren't gonna throw in a DVD etc. for free.

In saying that, i imagine you are paying for a DVD etc. rather than paying for front row.

Whilst you're getting a front row guarantee, i reckon 90% of th epeople front row, will be sitting there with a regular ticket.

I've been to a fair few IwW shows, and to be honest the only bad thing i've suffered is when they sold the Supershow tickets last year, you were supposed to get a Zero Gravity tournament DVD, and it wasnt ready. So after waiting weeks for it to be posted to me, i eventually got global impact in the door. I wanted Zero Gravity Tournament, so i was pretty upset with that (and still haven't fogiven IwW for it either. that was a straight out lie).

Aside from that though, everythings been smooth running with them in my eyes.

Of course the front row tickets will cost extra. The aren't gonna throw in a DVD etc. for free.

In saying that, i imagine you are paying for a DVD etc. rather than paying for front row.

Whilst you're getting a front row guarantee, i reckon 90% of th epeople front row, will be sitting there with a regular ticket.

I've been to a fair few IwW shows, and to be honest the only bad thing i've suffered is when they sold the Supershow tickets last year, you were supposed to get a Zero Gravity tournament DVD, and it wasnt ready. So after waiting weeks for it to be posted to me, i eventually got global impact in the door. I wanted Zero Gravity Tournament, so i was pretty upset with that (and still haven't fogiven IwW for it either. that was a straight out lie).

Aside from that though, everythings been smooth running with them in my eyes.

I would also presume front row will cost extra. I just want to know how much extra. And yet there is no information available on the subject.

Right since no one has posted anything,this is a RUFF estimate and take into account i couldn't really hear the person properly @ the time.

Front row tickets are €40 to €45,so theres a ruff ball park for people to work on!

jeffk wrote: »
    Right since no one has posted anything,this is a RUFF estimate and take into account i couldn't really hear the person properly @ the time.

Front row tickets are €40 to €45,so theres a ruff ball park for people to work on!

RUFFly how long did the boycott last then?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    RUFFly how long did the boycott last then?

as long as it needed to before i had to go get a ticket for the show in june.

as long as it needed to before i had to go get a ticket for the show in june.

So I take it Vic dropped the Zero G belt then, he did?

So I take it Vic dropped the Zero G belt then, he did?

I wish,still working a heavyweight style with the zero g belt.way to kill a division :mad:

I wish,still working a heavyweight style with the zero g belt.way to kill a division :mad:

That's some good logic you've got behind dropping your boycott anyway

That's some good logic you've got behind dropping your boycott anyway

ah sure,cant boycott an event that has raven being a ecw mark now could i?

Why would anyone 'boycott' a wrestsling event in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Why would anyone 'boycott' a wrestsling event in the first place?

Maybe if it had something to do with TNA?:D

What i mean is, why would IwW care if you don't go?

I mean.. they aren't gonna miss the €25 that one persons admission will give them.

Also, the person who is "boycotting" the show, is going to go now because he wants to see some of the guest wrestlers...

Hardly a person worth taking seriously.

What i mean is, why would IwW care if you don't go?

I mean.. they aren't gonna miss the €25 that one persons admission will give them.

Also, the person who is "boycotting" the show, is going to go now because he wants to see some of the guest wrestlers...

Hardly a person worth taking seriously.

I done it as i new there was no shows coming up and in hope of vic dropping the belt.I mean like its the zero g division for a reason,if you want vic to have a belt but not the heavyweight one they have another belt.
    The zero g should be for the smaller guys and/or high flyers-vinny,bingo,skelly,bam,dragon.
    That way you have two champions for two totally different styles.

As for guest wrestlers if you look at my other post im a massive ecw mark so im hardly gonna miss raven.Plus its not an iww event its international wrestling something or other :p

The first match has been announced for the Dublin leg of this two-day extravaganza!
    roh17905pic5rp2.jpgvs_logo.gifdougwilliams1cropped.jpg

'The American Dragon' BRYAN DANIELSON versus 'The Anarchist' DOUG WILLIAMS

Fans of technical wrestling better brace themselves for a masterpiece as two of the world's best square off in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght this Saturday 14th June. In one corner, former RoH World Champion, America's BRYAN DANIELSON. In the other, former RoH Pure Champion, Britain's DOUG WILLIAMS. These two have squared off in several mat classics previously, but as always will look to only outdo themselves when they square off in Dublin. One not to be missed folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement