Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

leggo wrote: »
    The first match has been announced for the Dublin leg of this two-day extravaganza!
    roh17905pic5rp2.jpgvs_logo.gifdougwilliams1cropped.jpg

'The American Dragon' BRYAN DANIELSON versus 'The Anarchist' DOUG WILLIAMS

Fans of technical wrestling better brace themselves for a masterpiece as two of the world's best square off in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght this Saturday 14th June. In one corner, former RoH World Champion, America's BRYAN DANIELSON. In the other, former RoH Pure Champion, Britain's DOUG WILLIAMS. These two have squared off in several mat classics previously, but as always will look to only outdo themselves when they square off in Dublin. One not to be missed folks!

:eek: breaking the whole iww v guest talent!!
    Cant wait now this is gonna be a masterclass,as near as you can get to roh without going to the us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hmm...I would've thought that this would be a great opportunity to put Danielson and Williams against some Irish wrestlers. They're both the sort of wrestlers who can have a good match with anyone and the Irish guys could learn a lot from working with them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fozzy wrote: »
    Hmm...I would've thought that this would be a great opportunity to put Danielson and Williams against some Irish wrestlers. They're both the sort of wrestlers who can have a good match with anyone and the Irish guys could learn a lot from working with them

I was thinking the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

IwW will be releashing 20 more Front Row tickets via the internet this coming Thurdsay, May 15th.

1st Row tickets are €40 and include front priority seating, plus a Free Show poster & programme too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nah, screw that. If we are seeing Danielson we want to see him against another seasoned pro. Last time Williams was over he had a match against bruiser, and while he put Bruiser over, it pissed everyone off. Good first match IMO. Hopefully Danielson will be in a similarly decent match in Cork the next night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

jeffk wrote: »
    As for guest wrestlers if you look at my other post im a massive ecw mark so im hardly gonna miss raven.Plus its not an iww event its international wrestling something or other :p

Now, IWW see what you've done! Even your most steadfast, loyal, intelligent and well informed fan has been misled by your poster! What hope does ANYONE have if jeffk doesn't relise whos putting on the show!

I reckon its boycott time again jeffrey, maybe this time you'll actualy skip a show.(wheres the old ****ing "rollseyes" smileywhen you need it?)

flahavaj wrote: »
    Now, IWW see what you've done! Even your most steadfast, loyal, intelligent and well informed fan has been misled by your poster! What hope does ANYONE have if jeffk doesn't relise whos putting on the show!

I reckon its boycott time again jeffrey, maybe this time you'll actualy skip a show.(wheres the old ****ing "rollseyes" smileywhen you need it?)

Are you going to any of the shows?

From WrestlingUnlimited.com:

"Former WWE World Tag Team Champions La Résistance is reuniting for an indy show. Devin Cutting sent in the following... Rob Conway and Rene Dupree will be reuniting as La Resistance at the Irish Whip Wrestling events on June 14th, 2008 in Tallaght, Ireland and June 15th, 2008 in Blackpool, Ireland. Also appearing are Raven, Daivari and Bryan Danielson. Go to http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com for info about IWW and http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming shows. "

Are you going to any of the shows?

Well I was adamant I'd never go again and planned a boycott that lasted for all of zero shows so never say never. I am a man for who my principles and personal morals are at all times foremost in my mind, You know where I'm coming from, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

ah sure,cant boycott an event that has raven being a ecw mark now could i?

Yes, you could. That's the idea of a boycott in fairness

Well I was adamant I'd never go again and planned a boycott that lasted for all of zero shows so never say never. I am a man for who my principles and personal morals are at all times foremost in my mind, You know where I'm coming from, right?

SO if your not going to any of these events even with your beloved danielson and id dare say willaims working why continue to post in this thread :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Probably because it's a "discussion forum", and discussions often come from opinion, and correct me if i'm wrong, but flahavaj is giving just that, his opinion?

Besides, if people just stopped giving their opinions (wanted or not), then this forum would have died years ago. :rolleyes:

VR!

Is discussion running a promotion down and slagging a person?
    Ah sure im used to that from flava,he must miss the Iww forum god love him.

Well, WWE, TNA, ROH, ECW and, *gaspshockhorror* IwW are all going to be run down at some stage or another. I personally hate TNA, but I wouldn't stop running them down if Dixie Carter came on here and got her knickers in a twist over someones opinion.

And in fairness, the IwW forum hasn't been anything special since it got that big change. I'm sure he misses your witty humour being on two seperate forums though!

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Well, WWE, TNA, ROH, ECW and, *gaspshockhorror* IwW are all going to be run down at some stage or another. I personally hate TNA, but I wouldn't stop running them down if Dixie Carter came on here and got her knickers in a twist over someones opinion.

And in fairness, the IwW forum hasn't been anything special since it got that big change. I'm sure he misses your witty humour being on two seperate forums though!

But would you go to a tna show??

Ah tis dublin wit you cant buy that stuff,not even in carrolls :cool:

• Advertisement

eeeee's not wrong!
    However Gerard, i do remember ye days of olde when you were very pro TNA and very anti WWE, it was only about two years ago actually. What was it you used to say? LAX > DX? ;)

Times do change though, I admit i too at one stage was very pro WWE (for the guts of a decade), but these days you couldn't pay me enough to sit through 2 hours of SD or 1 hour of WWECW. RAW to me has become a chore to watch in recent months whereas TNA just, well it makes me smile, it does what WWE used to.

Regarding promotion slating. JeffK, I would have made you cry within minutes if you'd heard my views on your darling glorified backyard junk of a promotion called ECW. 200 people in a dingy bingo hall with nothing but glorified spotfests. They had one good year where they had a bunch of talent between 1995-1996, and they all bailed because Heyman wasn't paying them. How ECW lasted as long as it did is beyond me. But you don't want to get me started on that (you really don't!)

As for IWW, i don't have much in the way of a bad word to say about them because i haven't attended a show of theirs since 2006 (or was it early 2007?), it was a Waterford Forum show, but that's about all i remember. However €40 for a front row ticket is a hell of a price hike from the €25 or so i used to see for their premium packages. Although to their defence, international talent isn't cheap to get over. Of course, there's actual talent, and then there's Scotty (where did) The Body (go). I've f*ck all time for him. But i don't think i've ever really come out of an IWW show not having a good time, with the exception of their first comeback show in 2004 i think, which was in Mount Temple, but they made up for that on their second show, which was a total turnaround.

There we go, my €2,000,000 worth. Feels good to be back :D
    VR!

eeeee's not wrong!
    However Gerard, i do remember ye days of olde when you were very pro TNA and very anti WWE, it was only about two years ago actually. What was it you used to say? LAX > DX? ;)

Times do change though, I admit i too at one stage was very pro WWE (for the guts of a decade), but these days you couldn't pay me enough to sit through 2 hours of SD or 1 hour of WWECW. RAW to me has become a chore to watch in recent months whereas TNA just, well it makes me smile, it does what WWE used to.

Regarding promotion slating. JeffK, I would have made you cry within minutes if you'd heard my views on your darling glorified backyard junk of a promotion called ECW. 200 people in a dingy bingo hall with nothing but glorified spotfests. They had one good year where they had a bunch of talent between 1995-1996, and they all bailed because Heyman wasn't paying them. How ECW lasted as long as it did is beyond me. But you don't want to get me started on that (you really don't!)

As for IWW, i don't have much in the way of a bad word to say about them because i haven't attended a show of theirs since 2006 (or was it early 2007?), it was a Waterford Forum show, but that's about all i remember. However €40 for a front row ticket is a hell of a price hike from the €25 or so i used to see for their premium packages. Although to their defence, international talent isn't cheap to get over. Of course, there's actual talent, and then there's Scotty (where did) The Body (go). I've f*ck all time for him.

There we go, my €2,000,000 worth. Feels good to be back :D
    VR!

Vr constructive criticism is gladly accepted and this ain't the pro or anti ecw thread so lets not get into that.
    You think €40 is dear,NLW or whatever that other promotions called is now asking €55 for same place as IWW.

But we weren't talking about NLW, were we? ;)
    VR!

But we weren't talking about NLW, were we? ;)
    VR!

lol well while we where burying companies i said is get that dig in :)

The only company i really buried was ECW, i don't think i "buried" IWW. If anything, i gave them credit where it was due. Saying that their front row ticket price raise, or saying i didn't enjoy one show is hardly a "burial" now is it?

VR!

• Advertisement

The only company i really buried was ECW, i don't think i "buried" IWW. If anything, i gave them credit where it was due. Saying that their front row ticket price raise, or saying i didn't enjoy one show is hardly a "burial" now is it?

VR!

Well i never said u buried IWW,so to clarify that there!!You are one of the few people with good words to say about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

You think €40 is dear,NLW or whatever that other promotions called is now asking €55 for same place as IWW.

NLW are paying alot more to bring over certain talent, at least they did for their last tour, production values (and thus costs) between the NLW event i attended and IWW is not comparable either.

i only paid 30euro for the NLW show in Feb and i was first row ringside and the next one is priced at 33euro, strange they be charging 55euro in Tallaght :confused:

eeeee's not wrong!

Yup, god, I remember when TNA was good. That was a long time ago now.

Yup, god, I remember when TNA was good. That was a long time ago now.

Yeah, i can understand how two weeks can seem like a long time in certain foreign countries, like Cork, Tipperary or Mexico :P

VR!

Yeah, i can understand how two weeks can seem like a long time in certain foreign countries, like Cork, Tipperary or Mexico :P

VR!

Four weeks. The week after Lockdown was shocking. Just so different to what they'd been doing the week before when it was good

I still maintain that Impact is nowhere near as bad as the sh*t WWE are pumping out on a friday night! Smackdown has been in the toilet for months!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I still maintain that Impact is nowhere near as bad as the sh*t WWE are pumping out on a friday night! Smackdown has been in the toilet for months!

VR!

As bad as some things can be in TNA atleast they have some good wrestling on their show not a decent match to be had on a WWE tv show for awhile Raw was awful this week 2 monster heels were beaten clean with poor finishes

VR!

Ah, a Tipperary joke. Good one.

How often in WWE do you hear chants from the fans requesting they fire the head booker? Never. TNA's most loyal fans even know they're watching ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

EdK wrote: »
    As bad as some things can be in TNA atleast they have some good wrestling on their show not a decent match to be had on a WWE tv show for awhile

Did you see Morrison and Batista last week? It was short but really good for the time they had.

Did you see Morrison and Batista last week? It was short but really good for the time they had.

That was a great little match. Although the show as a whole was as bad as Impact usually is in a way. It didn't make a whole lot of sense

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Back on topic please

Jesus i stay off here for ONE day and look at what happens....:p
    Originally Posted by flahavaj

SO if your not going to any of these events even with your beloved danielson and id dare say willaims working why continue to post in this thread :confused:

Did you really, honestly completely miss the blatant sarcasm dripping from my original post? Even the lowest form of wit is wasted on you, lad.:eek:
    Probably because it's a "discussion forum", and discussions often come from opinion, and correct me if i'm wrong, but flahavaj is giving just that, his opinion?

Besides, if people just stopped giving their opinions (wanted or not), then this forum would have died years ago. :rolleyes:

VR!
    This man speaks the truth. If it wasn't for me this would be a one page thread, opinions are the oxygen upon which a message board thrives. Hell, I've helped get more views on this thread for IWW than any of their ill thought out, misleading posters could ever have achieved. They should be thanking me.

Slagging a person? Go back and read what Leggett posted. It was he decided to make this personal and ended up looking not only foolish but a hypocrite in the process. As for the IWW forum, I believe thats a prime example of a forum that was once a great place populated by a sound bunch of regulars before it was invaded by certain illiterate cretins (and I name no names) who killed the place with text speak, one word posts and general stupidity. In fact thats exactly what happens to a forum where opinion and discussion are downtrodden by blatant disregard and seeming ignorance of even the basic laws of grammar and debate. So yes, i do miss the IWW forum of 2-3 years ago, but not the tumbleweed infested incarnation of the Marie Celeste it became in its latter years.

But would you go to a tna show??

Ah tis dublin wit you cant buy that stuff,not even in carrolls :cool:

And so my post comes full circle. Oscar Wilde would be proud.

Ah, a Tipperary joke. Good one.

How often in WWE do you hear chants from the fans requesting they fire the head booker? Never. TNA's most loyal fans even know they're watching ****.

^ I laughed :)

So what are the chances of Là Rèsistance missing the show?

I've always been big fans of those two (and three, when Sylvàn Grenièr was involved) and I'm considering buying a RAW tag belt to get signed by both.

I've been considering buying the World Tag Belt for a while now, and this is what may make me get it. But in saying that, i don't wana shell out approx €300 for a belt to get signed, then hear that Là Rèsistance missed their flights (which seems to happen quite a bit with IWW in my knowledge).

Dupree was on the last IWW tour. I don't think Conway's the sort of guy who misses bookings

Who missed their flight recently with IWW? Only one I know of is Tracy Smothers, who's been going through a rough time that can't be blamed on anyone but him

Dupree was on the last IWW tour. I don't think Conway's the sort of guy who misses bookings

Who missed their flight recently with IWW? Only one I know of is Tracy Smothers, who's been going through a rough time that can't be blamed on anyone but him

Their champion at the time, Drew Galloway ditched them for a better offer (not that I blame him) at one stage. I laughed.

I wasn't saying anyone in particular, but its just something i tend to hear a bit hear and there. "_____ missed his flight" and so forth (I believe last years supershow suffered quite a bit due to missed flights. Kash and someone else?

So yeah, its likely they'll both be there then?

Was it IwW or some other company i heard of was supposedly getting Test/Foley etc for shows later in the year?

(which is suprising, cos i thought test had retired?)

It's NLW/American Rampage Wrestling who are advertising Test and Foley. No one ever really retires in wrestling

rovert wrote: »
    Back on topic please

Joined 2005, 48 posts. Remind me again sir, you are who exactly? Because if the mod of the forum is still taking part in the discussion, i think it's kinda his call if it's on topic or not.
    Gerard C. wrote:

A fair point, however i do remember a couple of online petitions requesting to fire Brian Gerwirtz (sp?) around the 2002-2004 period because his writing was as bad, if not worse than Vince Russo. Remember folks, Russo didn't give us such genius storylines such as Katie Vick, Kane frying Shane McMahons nuts, as well as setting Jim Ross on fire, and Kurt Angle wanting "beastiality sex" with Sharmell. Just because the crowd don't voice it, doesn't mean it doesn't suck! :)

VR!

Kane frying Shane McMahons nuts
    VR!

I always thought the worst bit of that angle wasn't the ball frying incident, but rather the subsequent civilised meeting at a restaurant where they pleasantly exchanged threats and insults. So ****ing weird.:confused:

• Advertisement

I always thought the worst bit of that angle wasn't the ball frying incident, but rather the subsequent civilised meeting at a restaurant where they pleasantly exchanged threats and insults. So ****ing weird.:confused:

I thouht what was weird, wasnt that they were being pleasant, but that, amidst Kanes most important and crucial storyline, where he as billed as being the most monsterous and dangerous he's ever been.. they let him be nicely dressed to the resaurant.

Yet.. he had to wear his tights for see no evil... how does that make sense?

Regardless, Kane is like.. God. So.. yeah :)

Any way,

I'm interested in that one later in the year, too. But i doubt Foley'll appear now that he's on WWE, and why is Test always in Ireland?

Im gonna try and sort out soemthing with a few friends for this IwW show in tallagh as i really wana see this Là Rèsistance reunion. (and i swear, and this is a promise, not a boycott, i will never go to another IwW show again, if they dont use the Là Rèsistance theme tune: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=79unVNrqw1k

Its a production theme, and theres nothing i know of that woul dstop IWW from using it. this isnt gonna be on national TV or anything either, and its not a WWE Production i dont believe, either)

Joined 2005, 48 posts. Remind me again sir, you are who exactly? Because if the mod of the forum is still taking part in the discussion, i think it's kinda his call if it's on topic or not.

Oh nos someone brought up my post count, excuse me for not getting involved in the QUALITY discussion that goes on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

(which seems to happen quite a bit with IWW in my knowledge).

Not really. Generally when IWW advertise someone he is there. As mentioned already, Smothers missed recent bookings, but he also mised a host of UK based bookings at the same time. Another would be Scorpio Sky, but that was just down to him being a prick if what I heard is true.

Indy shows have no shows from time to time, its part and parcel of the game. Its not like IWW are doing a 1PW of a few years ago now is it?

My only criticism is when there is a no show, it goes unnannounced.

A fair point, however i do remember a couple of online petitions requesting to fire Brian Gerwirtz (sp?) around the 2002-2004 period because his writing was as bad, if not worse than Vince Russo.

Fair enough, that was over 4 years ago....... how long ago was Sacrifice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

gimmick wrote: »
    Not really. Generally when IWW advertise someone he is there. As mentioned already, Smothers missed recent bookings, but he also mised a host of UK based bookings at the same time. Another would be Scorpio Sky, but that was just down to him being a prick if what I heard is true.

Indy shows have no shows from time to time, its part and parcel of the game. Its not like IWW are doing a 1PW of a few years ago now is it?

With respect to Smothers, I am aware as to the reasons of his not being present in the recent tours and it is something that literally can't be announced at the beginning of a show.

Irish Whip have suffered from some no shows by talent over the years and it is an occupational hazard in booking talent on one off shows and it is pretty much unavoidable at times. Bookings are taken on the basis that talent will show up on the dates mentioned, the no shows do happen and they are never the intention of any decent promotion. Indeed, there has been occasions in the past where talent has been available for shows and not booked on the basis that they are liable not to turn up for a show. Without naming names, I know of one well known UK wrestler who is notorious for missing shows and it is just down to him sleeping it in:eek: would you expect Irish Whip to book him knowing full well that this may happen? At the other end of the spectrum, another well known UK star missed a flight making an IWW date once and spent several hundred pounds on a later flight to honour his booking.

If you were to write down the talent that makes shows over that which misses shows, I would know which list is going to be far far longer :)

Oh, I remember the most unfortunate no-show now: Steve Corino. It was neither Corino's nor IWW's fault, the city Corino lives in was hit with a snowstorm out of the blue and all flights were cancelled at the last minute. Maybe they could get him over now that he never retired

• Advertisement

Oh nos someone brought up my post count, excuse me for not getting involved in the QUALITY discussion that goes on here.

Given your contributions to said discussion, you're excused.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

We try and account for no shows by making up in other ways, i.e. IwW has in the past booked other last minute talent as replacements or, more recently, when talent no-showed in Waterford we offered half-price merchandise to try and compensate.

Leggo, did The Zero G event ever make it to DVD?

And will Là Rèsistance have their theme music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

And will Là Rèsistance have their theme music?

That surely is the burning issue of the week.

I'll go if Rob Conway comes out to his own music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXCUteLCTg

Given your contributions to said discussion, you're excused.
    VR!

a) You havent actually read this thread

b) Stop spamming and trolling

• Advertisement
Advertisement