Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    a) You havent actually read this thread

Course i have, been reading it for days. And what's that got to do with your sh*t grammar anyway?
    b) Stop spamming and trolling

Likewise, pal! Anyway, when did Fozzy or Bombidol die and make you moderator anyway?
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Leave it and stay on topic please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote: »
    Leave it and stay on topic please

Yes boss! ;)
    As for the IWW show, if both of them came out to "Just Look At Me" with Dupree doing the f*cking french tickler to it, that would be a sight.

I do feel sorry for Conway during that gimmick, after all, who would want to be a second-rate Buff Bagwell? He still managed to pull it off well at the time. Nowhere near as bad as the gimmick Sylvan got though. Wonder Greniers plans are actually?

VR!

I think Grenier is doing French commentary for TNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ah, a Tipperary joke. Good one.

How often in WWE do you hear chants from the fans requesting they fire the head booker? Never. TNA's most loyal fans even know they're watching ****.

Do you know why that is? because most fans dont know who WWE's lead booker is

Apparently in the eyes of most wrestling fans there is only one writer in wrestling (Vince Russo) and he is to blame for all the ills in the world, there is no Osama Bin Laden that **** was a Vinny Russo storyline (fire Russo!!!!!) :rolleyes:

I think Grenier is doing French commentary for TNA

He is now a doorman in Canada I heard he must still be fairly young he was only like 19-20 in WWE wasnt he

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

EdK wrote: »
    Do you know why that is? because most fans dont know who WWE's lead booker is

Apparently in the eyes of most wrestling fans there is only one writer in wrestling (Vince Russo) and he is to blame for all the ills in the world, there is no Osama Bin Laden that **** was a Vinny Russo storyline (fire Russo!!!!!) :rolleyes:

Russo is associated with bad booking like it or not.

So how about that IWW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moses_ulrich

leggo wrote: »
    We try and account for no shows by making up in other ways, i.e. IwW has in the past booked other last minute talent as replacements or, more recently, when talent no-showed in Waterford we offered half-price merchandise to try and compensate.

the half prieced merchandise was a nice gesture that night, but still didnt make up for the no shows...i know this is entirely out of iww hands..but what was poor on iww's part was it failure to announce any of the no shows bar one at all during the entire show. it was announced that reene could not make it but no mention was made of tracy smothers, carl ouelett or scorpio sky.

as i say no shows are out of iww hands but why was no one informed?? i found the show suffered hugely as a result and does make me uncertain about attending the next iww show in cork soon, which already is weaker than the dublin date what with doug williams on that card alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I entirely understand your concerns. In such a circumstance with multiple no-shows, we announced Dupree alone because we felt it was he who the most fans paid to see and couldn't.

If you ever have any questions about matters like this, please don't hesitate in asking one of our show staff who will be more than happy to help as best they can (or alternatively find you someone who can answer your query).

Again we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused by these matters. No shows like this are, as established, out of our hands and a completely regrettable hazard of the business. The worst part of this is that most of the time, we only know of these no-shows by the time it is too late to inform fans (i.e. we'll get a call while setting up a show saying that Wrestler X won't be coming tonight because he's stuck in an airport somewhere). But as I said, we do try and compensate for such mishaps however we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moses_ulrich

ya cool fair enough answer. just an announcemnt settin it straight would have been cool. iww do a great job otherwise so keep it up...no way doug williams can be brought to cork? at least anyway i hope danielson is given a good match in cork like dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

All of the 'Special Front Row Tickets' are now Sold Out.

IwW’s 2 major shows in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght and Cork's Neptune Stadium are now only 2 weeks away! These shows will feature a huge variety of wrestling’s top stars from around the world. However, we regret to inform our fans that 3 of these stars will now be unable to attend these huge shows. Rene Dupre and “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson will be taking part in a tour of Mexico, and Doug Williams will be involved in the TNA tour this June. Hence, once again, we regret to inform our fans that these stars will not be able to appear in Tallaght and Cork this June.

However, in response to this, Irish Whip Wrestling has now acquired 2 major stars that will now be appearing on these major shows. These huge stars names will be announced here during the week. Stay tuned to http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IwW would like to announce the following stars for these upcoming shows:
    balls.jpg

BALLS MAHONEY (WWE, ECW)

Mahoney is an ECW Original and always a favourite at shows. Known best for the unpredictable, wild action he brings wherever he goes, who knows what he has in store for Ireland when he comes to Tallaght and Cork?

mcguinness.jpg

RoH Heavyweight Champion, NIGEL MCGUINNESS

This will not be the Ring of Honor's first appearance in IwW, as he was victorious in his debut at IwW SuperShow II in 2007. However, upon his return, he now has a bullseye upon his chest as he is currently RoH Heavyweight Champion. Thus, IwW has agreed with RoH to host two HUGE title defences:

Tallaght - Saturday 14th June
    RoH Heavyweight Championship Match

NIGEL MCGUINNESS (c) vs. IwW Zero-Gravity Champion, VIC VIPER

Cork - Sunday 15th June
    Title vs. Title

NIGEL MCGUINNESS/VIC VIPER (RoH Champion) vs. MANDRAKE (IwW Champion)

These matches are sure to change the landscape of Irish wrestling for months to come and are not to be missed!

On top of these mega-stars, IwW has added several other international name's to the bill, such as:

ANDY BOY SIMMONZ (England)
    PAYDAY PATTERSON (USA)
    BAD BONES (Germany)
    DAVE MORALEZ (England)

and many more...

This internationally loaded card will all be a television taping for Irish Whip Wrestling's brand new TV series, 'INTERNATIONAL WRESTLING'. More info on this huge development will be released in the following week.

For full information on this event, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

Vic Viper as ROH champion? :)

Mandrake as ROH Champion? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Vic Viper as ROH champion? :)

Or Vic Viper as Zero Gravity, IWW International Champ and ROH champ.... The mind boggles :)

No Duprèe?

I had a feeling that was gonna happen. Thankfully i held off on buying that there Tag Team belt.

It seems to me IwW these days are doing things a certain way...

The Conway :D

Where you gonna buy a tag belt to get signed by Dupree?, i mean La Resistance were decent but not much more than that

EdK wrote: »
    Where you gonna buy a tag belt to get signed by Dupree?, i mean La Resistance were decent but not much more than that

I always enjoyed them, to be honest. I thought they were pretty good wrestlers and possibly one of the best tag teams to hold that design of tag team belt (But not many teams really held that belt, Cade and Murdoch are probably my favourites)

• Advertisement

Hold out for when Rated RKO come to IWW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Mahoney, McGuinness and Bad Bones are great replacements. Well done IWW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Nigel winning the IwW title? Jaysus! And this TV thing interests me. Will it be on The Fight Network, or online, or even better, RTE or TV3 or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Balls Mahoney and Davari are at The Wrestling shop in

Artane Castle on sat 14 and they are charging 25euro for tickets to meet them.

Just throwing that out there if anyone is intrested.

Phone number for WWE shop is ......8511423.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Do you what time its on at?

Do you what time its on at?

No, but if you give the shop a ring they will tell you,
    (l left the number in previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Are both these shows this weekend? If so, how is Nigel going to be at NOAH and these? Or am I getting a bix mixed up here?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Are both these shows this weekend? If so, how is Nigel going to be at NOAH and these? Or am I getting a bix mixed up here?

NOAH's the week after IWW in the Basketball Arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

€25 just to meet them. that seems awfully expensive. Hell i got a FREE ticket to meet actual WWE stars in gamestop last year. WrestlingMania has stars in all the time and i've never been charged. Just saying. Is it the actual stars charging or the shop. And by the by its not a wwe shop. Its a wrestling merch shop.

Ayden316 wrote: »
    €25 just to meet them. that seems awfully expensive. Hell i got a FREE ticket to meet actual WWE stars in gamestop last year. WrestlingMania has stars in all the time and i've never been charged. Just saying. Is it the actual stars charging or the shop. And by the by its not a wwe shop. Its a wrestling merch shop.

My thoughts exactly. That is the same price as the actual show, totally robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just wondering, does anyone know if you can pay in at the door for the Tallaght show this weekend?

I only live a couple of minutes away from the stadium and it would be easier for me to just pay in than get to ticketmaster or buy online since I don't have a credit card

• Advertisement

My thoughts exactly. That is the same price as the actual show, totally robbery.

The guy is selling the tickets from the till,he sold 2 while l was there but from what l could see it was just to meet the Wrestlers,(dont know if they get a cut,l would imagine they do) .

orestes wrote: »
    Just wondering, does anyone know if you can pay in at the door for the Tallaght show this weekend?

I only live a couple of minutes away from the stadium and it would be easier for me to just pay in than get to ticketmaster or buy online since I don't have a credit card

I havent heard that it is sold out but going by previous shows. Yep you can get them at the door no problem.

Ayden316 wrote: »

Yeah sorry about that,l stand corrected.
    Normally buy all my Wrestling stuff from Niall in WrestlingMania anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I havent heard that it is sold out but going by previous shows. Yep you can get them at the door no problem.

Cool, might head on over so if nothing else crops up

Whats the final roster of wrestlers that will be appearing at the Dublin show?

I'd be curious to know that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

I was in the Wrestlin Shop 2day(Artane) I think the €25 is for the IWW show Tony said the meet & greet is free less u want a polaroid or a 8x10 off the guys thats a €5(least it was for Eugene)

I was in the Wrestlin Shop 2day(Artane) I think the €25 is for the IWW show Tony said the meet & greet is free less u want a polaroid or a 8x10 off the guys thats a €5(least it was for Eugene)

Thanks for that,
    Was gonna ring them today to clear it up.

Nigel?

• Advertisement

Nigel?
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

in all the going ons with changes i forgot nigel was coming :eek:

Does anyone know for sure that you can pay at the doors 2night? and is raven still set to appear?

Does anyone know for sure that you can pay at the doors 2night? and is raven still set to appear?

Yes to both :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I'm planning on driving up to this a little later.

I didn't go after Duprèe pulled out and i realised it'd be a lot f hassle :(

But curious to hear what people thought of it... (assuming its over, people may post about it tonight)

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im just in from the show and i have to say it was good but VERY long.The low point was Raven trying to charge €15 to sign three dvd covers.I didnt want my name on them just him to sign them.Told him i wouldn't pay that and he looked at me and then took a fiver of.
    I know its not Iww charging but still a bit much.

Oh and watch out for the new 2 disc Iww dvd,only €15!

Yes

Nigel/Doug Williams ah they are all the same!

THAT ****ING INTERMISSION :eek:

• Advertisement

So Raven was charging €5 per item yeah? Anyone else signing/charging?

What about pics?

Advertisement