Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jeffk wrote: »
    Im just in from the show and i have to say it was good but VERY long.The low point was Raven trying to charge €15 to sign three dvd covers.I didnt want my name on them just him to sign them.Told him i wouldn't pay that and he looked at me and then took a fiver of.
    I know its not Iww charging but still a bit much.

So let me get this straight, you still let Raven rip you off for the price of two pints to sign DVD's you'd already forked out for? Christ man, you have it bad for that guy! I'd have told him to f*ck himself, it's not like he's done anything worthwhile with his career or anything.

But hey, if it makes you sleep better at night. ;)
    VR!

Good to know Raven's a sound guy :P

But yeah... are you guys really that shocked?

Did he want more than €5 to have it personalised? or was he just not offering to do personalised ones at all?

Did many queue to see/pay him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Well I’ve arrived back to the Curragh after attending IWW’s latest offering and return to the ESB national Basketball Arena in Tallaght. This would be my first IWW event in a couple of years, so I didn’t really know what to expect, but since Tallaght is only 40 mins up the road and tickets were only 25 Euro, I decided to head along. But this epic journey did not start well. Firstly, for the first time, I had no one to go to the show with. Furious D was working at Neil Diamond, while my other wrestling-fan mate decided to go to a 21st instead. A 21st! Bah!

Utterly hung-over from the night before in Time, I crawl out of bed at 6pm and leave the house at 6.50. With a vague idea in my head as to where the venue was located, I was on my way. Inevitably, I got completely lost in Tallaght. Taking my life into my own hands, I got out of my car and asked an absolute knack for directions. After taking a moment to decide whether of not to stab me, the young gent proved enthusiastic and helpful. I arrive at the venue at 7.30. Man, the NBA is some kip. It looks way bigger on TV. I purchase a ticket for 25 Euro and walk in. As I enter Mad Man Manson and Mandrake are leaving the ring after an effort to ‘rev the crowd up’. The building is about half full, mostly made up of families.

I grab a seat in the second row literally in the middle of a family of knacks for the laugh. But the joke was on me. The kids wandered around freely eating sweets and stepping on my toes, while their pregnant mother yelled profanities at them. This continued through-out the night.

Eamon D’Arcy enters the ring. He grabs the mike and gives us a warm welcome. But we can’t hear him. The sound isn’t working. He trys again and again, but the crew can’t seem to solve the problem. D’Arcy starts to panic. I’ve been there, its an awful feeling as the crowd eats you alive for a mistake that isn’t your fault. With this empathy in my heart,I start hurling abuse at the man. “Just dance!”, “D’Arcy shuffle!” etc. Oh me. The sound is eventually fixed. Eamon tells us what a great show this is going to be before disappearing to his announce balcony. He is so weird.

The opener is a six-man between Andy Boy Simmonz/LA Warren/Ballymun Bruiser and Conor Hurley/Captain Rooney/a guy whose name I didn’t quite catch but suspect may have been Harrison? The match itself was forgettable. On the Brightside, the Harrison dude got over as a comedic underdog.

Match number two is a four way for the Zero G title between Vic Viper, Bingo Balance, Red Vinny and some chap in a mask. This match wasn’t bad at all. Fast-paced with a number of innovate moves thrown in, Bingo eventually got the win and the championship. Viper, Balance and Vincent carried themselves like stars and got somewhat over.

Number 3 is Manson versus Dave Morales. Morales is a boar. I mean, he is huge. Not in a giant sort of way, more in a wide fleshy sort of way. Manson proves popular as ever. But the action is sluggish. Nothing of note happened.

Andy Boy Simmonz versus Chad Collyer is next. This should have been a technical scorcher but people were too busy stuffing their faces from the delights bought from the refreshments booth during the brief interval between tapings. I went for the two bags of Meanies option over the bag of Hunky Dories. Granted, not quite as tasty but for 35 cent a bag you get more bang for your buck. I purchased a large dairy milk bar as well, you know, not the ****ing massive ones you get at airports but the pretty big ones you get in news agents. After polishing off the Meanies, I look down and to my horror my dairy milk is melting on my lap. There was no turning back now, I had no choice but the scoff the thing then and there. Mid-way through my chocolaty delight, I look up from my treats and notice the match is over. Oh well. They never left 2nd gear anyway. I suspect Simmonz got the win.

Things pick up with match number four; Vic Viper versus Nigel McGuiness for the ROH World title. The pair had an enjoyable albeit short match. The bout basically consisted of Vic getting some heat on Nigel before Nigel fired back by belting Viper with uppercuts and lariats while the handful of ‘smart’ fans in attendance proceeded to masturbate and cry while chanting Nigel’s name.

Its Raven versus Bad Bones next. It’s amazing the heat Bones was getting without even trying from a crowd who didn’t know who he was. I guess that’s what a great look and a short, simple name that fans can immediately latch onto will do for you. Other indie wrestlers, take note. Raven comes out and looks like every wrestling legend should look like; fat and old. After a short promo, the match begins. The bout is buckets of fun. Raven ‘bashed’ Bones with numerous items, including coke bottles, inflatable hammers, and even some Malteasers. He eventually hit the Raven effect for the win.

Now was time for the second interval as that TV episode concluded. This interval was long. Really ****ing long. Mandrake, Manson and Bingo got in the ring and posed for photos with what seemed like a never-ending queue of every child in the building. I just hope they were charged and IWW made some money from this tedious effort. I go for a stroll. With the lights on now I can see just how empty the venue is. A whole tier of seats were never opened while a whole section on the ground was empty. Balls, Davari, Raven and Nigel are signing stuff at their tables for what I presume was not a reasonable price. At one point I noticed Balls shouting at a child at the top of his voice “I DON’T SIGN **** THAT ISN’T MINE!!”. Salt of the earth. I wander into the car park and notice whole families are leaving, apparently having had enough. I go back inside and the photo and autograph session is still ****ing going. I resolve to buy a packet of jelly-babies for 85 cent. 85 cent! For about 10 sweets! Still, their sugary goodness seemed to reassure.

After the interval mercifully ends, the show resumes. The building is noticeably more empty now. Chad Collyer and Bad Bones is the 7th match of the evening. It was a solid match.

In the MOTN, Balls Mahoney battled Dave Morales in a lively, chair-filled brawl. The crowd were red-hot for this, especially after Balls juiced. Morales got the win after a superplex onto a mound of chairs.

It was now 11 o clock and a great number of people either thought that that was the main event or had simply had enough and left. My family of knacks departed, but the family in front of me decided to stand for some reason so I head to the bleachers for a bird’s eye view of the action. The main event is Mandrake versus Davari. As the pair went through the motions, dozens of fans left the building in their droves. In front of me, three kids, one wearing a Celtic jersey and aged around 10, another wearing glasses and aged around the same, and the third only about 5, decided to have an impromptu Three Way Dance. It was far more interesting than anything going on the ring. The tallest of the three, the kid with glasses, played the outrageous heel, with the kid in the Celtic jersey playing subtle tweener while the 5 year old was the face underdog. The action was fast and furious as the three battered each other with their inflatable hammers and foam fingers. Unfortunately, no one sold anything and so no one got over. The Dad called for a DQ when the 5 year old started crying. I was so disappointed, I really believed in the kid but his comeback just never came. In the ring, Mandrake hit a Michinoku Driver for the win.

3 and a half hours. This show lasted 3 and a half hours. That’s an hour too long at least. There were numerous problems. The main one would have to be the TV taping format. Three episodes were taped for Buzz TV, and while the programs may be wonderful and be watched by hundreds of millions, the 500 people (approx) in attendance should not have had to put up with half the bollix we were subjected to. We paid for a live house show, but what we were given was severely handy-capped by the episodic treatment.

The format entailed 3 matches per episode, so that meant 9 matches in total with crappy promos in between from the heels to set up ‘next-week’s’ match up. Firstly, that’s about 3 matches too many. Moreover, it meant that the quality matches from the stars we paid to see (Viper versus Nigel, for example) weren’t given the time to develop into as exciting bouts and felt like quick TV matches. In my opinion, the show should have been limited to about 6 matches, 7 matches tops. Open with Collyer/Bones. Next up have the Zero G fourway. Before the interval, have Nigel versus Viper. Give them 20 minutes.

After the interval, have say Raven versus Manson or Raven versus Bones, or Simmonz, or whoever. Have Balls versus Morales next. Stick on the International Title match last if you must, but try and give Mandrake a more interesting opponent than Davari. By pandering to Buzz TV and their own egos, IWW management rushed everything and no one got over in the way they could have. Rather than just present a solid, short-but-sweet self-contained event, IWW gave us a TV taping and did a great disservice to us the fans and indeed its talent roster, some of whom are very talented.

Oh, and Rob Conway wasn’t there. No mention was made of his no show. I guess the Mexicans got him too.

hell of a long rant goes here!

Some funny sh*t there man, seriously (and i'm not having a go).
    However how you can pay €25 for your ticket to this, and bitch about paying 85c for a packet of Jellybabies is even funnier.

VR!

Some funny sh*t there man, seriously (and i'm not having a go).
    However how you can pay €25 for your ticket to this, and bitch about paying 85c for a packet of Jellybabies is even funnier.

VR!

I counted every single jelly-baby, and estimated they cost me about 8 cent per baby. I won't prentend like I'm not upset. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In front of me, three kids, one wearing a Celtic jersey and aged around 10, another wearing glasses and aged around the same, and the third only about 5, decided to have an impromptu Three Way Dance. It was far more interesting than anything going on the ring. The tallest of the three, the kid with glasses, played the outrageous heel, with the kid in the Celtic jersey playing subtle tweener while the 5 year old was the face underdog. The action was fast and furious as the three battered each other with their inflatable hammers and foam fingers. Unfortunately, no one sold anything and so no one got over. The Dad called for a DQ when the 5 year old started crying. I was so disappointed, I really believed in the kid but his comeback just never came.
    :D That ws class laughing my head off at the bit. Would like to go to a live wrestling show but can't be arsed forking out for a WWE one and the Irish ones seem to be fairly rubbish :(

I counted ever singles jelly-baby, and estimated they cost me about 8 cent per baby. I won't prentend like I'm not upset. :p

A true country bumpkin if ever there was one! ;)
    VR!

Beats eating muck I suppose.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    :D That ws class laughing my head off at the bit. Would like to go to a live wrestling show but can't be arsed forking out for a WWE one and the Irish ones seem to be fairly rubbish :(

For about a year Irish wrestling was great, but it seems to have gone steadily downhill.

IWW have come a long was since their debut all those years ago in the same venue; for example they had a roster of their own Irish guys this time round, and had a TV deal (however miniscule) in place. However, the atmosphere was noticably different. While at their first show there was a tremendous buzz about the notion of an Irish show admist the wrestling-starved fans, at this there was not so much a buzz but a shrill high pitched shriek from the multitude of pre-pubescent boys running wild in their John Cena and Batista t-shirts.

Flananator, that was a brilliant review! Hats off. That was awesome!

Informative, in depth and very funny!

Cheers for that :)

• Advertisement

Flananator, that was a brilliant review! Hats off. That was awesome!

Informative, in depth and very funny!

Cheers for that :)

No worries mate. I wrote it for the same reason I went to the show in the first place; I had nothing better to do.
    :)

No worries mate. I wrote it for the same reason I went to the show in the first place; I had nothing better to do.
    :)

Heh, i read it for the same reason you wrote it then :p

Seriously though, it was awesome. Do you do them for every show you go to? got any previous ones i could read?:confused:

Most of my previous ones would be fairly serious and on boards that probalby don't exist anymore. But this was fun for a while: http://www.freewebs.com/irishwrestlingx/

Most of my previous ones would be fairly serious and on boards that probalby don't exist anymore. But this was fun for a while: http://www.freewebs.com/irishwrestlingx/

My jaws are sore laughing.

even just: (from the rant section)
    This Celtic Wrestling competitor once opened a topic on the IWW forums asking if IWW would book him. The man was rewarded for this professionalism with an Int. title shot

You're awesome. I bookmarked the site.looks like i'll have plenty to keep me entertained :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

So let me get this straight, you still let Raven rip you off for the price of two pints to sign DVD's you'd already forked out for? Christ man, you have it bad for that guy! I'd have told him to f*ck himself, it's not like he's done anything worthwhile with his career or anything.

But hey, if it makes you sleep better at night. ;)
    VR!

Yeah well i tried as i said i wouldn't pay it then i said i don't want my name on it just sign your name on it.All through this hes looking @ me in shock.
    I agree hes done nothing of late but as a ecw mark and a collector of dvds to have them signed is a nice touch.

Balls didn't charge for two dvd covers(after asking what ones and laughing @ how different he looked on novemeber 2 remember 99)
    Had to ask Nigel on two different occasions and eventually did for free, but found him to be standofish.

HAVE to say after this show i wont be in a hurry to see any Irish wrestling event again,especially not with non irish wrestlers.
    It just didn't feel special tonight,as someone on the Iww forum said its gone to much towards family orientated.I know iww wanna make their money so thats fair enough,but id love to be @ a show catered more to the hardcore wrestling fans(no not the czw ****ty hardcore wrestling)

Think its time to update my Roh dvd collection from the money i wont be spending on live shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

the flananator hit the nail on the head. Im surprised Balls said that given my dealings with him on the night. I left during the main event. I enjoyed it in the main but again the intermission was ridiclous, I know it is for the kids but come on. El Ligero was a no show too.

rovert wrote: »
    the flananator hit the nail on the head. Im surprised Balls said that given my dealings with him on the night. I left during the main event. I enjoyed it in the main but again the intermission was ridiclous, I know it is for the kids but come on. El Ligero was a no show too.

He was/is only booked for the Cork show,its in bold on the Iww forum that he is.

He was/is only booked for the Cork show,its in bold on the Iww forum that he is.

Fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Heading to the Cork one tonight. if it is anything as long as what Flan wrote, Ill be long gone before the end.

Nice write up by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

heading along with gimmick tonight, although the czech republic and turkey game is trying to change my mind.

last show i went to was waterford last year and quite enjoyed it, so hoping for more of the same.

although if it's done in that tv taping format tonight i'll probably crack up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good to see people finally realising what an utter ****e product IWW produce. Especially you jeffk, after years of disagreeing with me you're FINALLY copping on.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Good to see people finally realising what an utter ****e product IWW produce. Especially you jeffk, after years of disagreeing with me you're FINALLY copping on.

lol well Flava its not ALL ****,theres some quality there.
    The lost of bigger wrestlers hasn't helped.Much as i prefer crusierweights, losing drew sos pierre etc was a loss.To the casual fan they will say sure everyones the same size.plus having your main champ lose the belt and win the cruiserweight belt one in the same day blurs the lines further.

Seems Iww would be best suited doing a "big names" only promotion and then looked @ a pure irish or smaller named wrestlers.To have a show with the potential of last night and not book most of YOUR roster only helps to devalue the product your trying to sell people.
    Here we are a day later and how many casual fans can tell you who mandrake or mad man manson are?they will remember raven balls etc,but who's gonna be touring and on the posters for the bread and butter shows?

Blame the booker for that. Mr Roche, supporting local wrestlers my hole. When a quality worker like Rick O Shea can't get a look in you know there's something up.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Now granted, this could be seen by many as an NLW promoter bashing another Irish wrestling company, but surely as someone who attended Irish Whip's Basketball arena show in Tallaght last night, i'm entitled to an opinion.

With that having been said, I would first like to say that I know better than anyone that promoting a wrestling show with several established names can be a nightmare. IWW themselves can not be blamed for several names pulling out. Im sure Simon and company did all the could to ensure the advertised names appeared as scheduled but it would seem that Irish Whip Wrestling themselves were struck with very bad luck with so many names pulling out. It happens, and it would also seem that IWW tried their best to come up with adequate replacements at the last minute. Unfortunately, perhaps this took away alot of time that should have been spent formatting a more watchable show.

As Flan and others pointed out, the intermission (which i believe was either the second or third one of the night..what kinda of show has more than one intermission?) was waaaaay too long. Infact after 30 mins of watching bored children run around beating each other with their inflatable hammers, numerous people exit the arena to go home early, and three Irish Whip regulars pose for 5 euro photos in the ring, i too decided it was time to leave. I had been there for over 2 and half hours anyway. So i did miss what was said to be a nice Balls Mahoney outing although i doubt this could have saved the show. The show was badly put together. Very badly. There seemed to be more emphasis on what was Happening at the merchandise stands than what was happening inside the ring.

Now, after Flan's report I don't need to pin point every thing that was wrong as our opinions seem to match but perhaps I could sum it up in my own words. With the exception of a passable 4 way Zero Gravity match and a fairly decent Viper Vs. Nigel McGuiness match, the show was hard to watch, hard to hear and personally, even though some would describe IWW as our rival at NLW, i attended last night's show hoping to see a great show. It certainly had the potential to be great. If it had have been great, then it would be good for everyone... Irish Whip Wrestling, the fans and Irish Wrestling in general. In the end however, I think IWW failed to put forward the show that they had the potential to put forward. Which is a shame. Good luck to Irish Whip Wrestling in Cork tonight and hopefully Simon and co. can learn from mistakes made last night.

Blame the booker for that. Mr Roche, supporting local wrestlers my hole. When a quality worker like Rick O Shea can't get a look in you know there's something up.:rolleyes:

what gets me is that one of the best matches ive ever seen live and a great night of wrestling will NEVER make dvd.
    im taking about the zero g tournament :mad:

Now granted, this could be seen by many as an NLW promoter bashing another Irish wrestling company, but surely as someone who attended Irish Whip's Basketball arena show in Tallaght last night, i'm entitled to an opinion.

With that having been said, I would first like to say that I know better than anyone that promoting a wrestling show with several established names can be a nightmare. IWW themselves can not be blamed for several names pulling out. Im sure Simon and company did all the could to ensure the advertised names appeared as scheduled but it would seem that Irish Whip Wrestling themselves were struck with very bad luck with so many names pulling out. It happens, and it would also seem that IWW tried their best to come up with adequate replacements at the last minute. Unfortunately, perhaps this took away alot of time that should have been spent formatting a more watchable show.

As Flan and others pointed out, the intermission (which i believe was either the second or third one of the night..what kinda of show has more than one intermission?) was waaaaay too long. Infact after 30 mins of watching bored children run around beating each other with their inflatable hammers, numerous people exit the arena to go home early, and three Irish Whip regulars pose for 5 euro photos in the ring, i too decided it was time to leave. I had been there for over 2 and half hours anyway. So i did miss what was said to be a nice Balls Mahoney outing although i doubt this could have saved the show. The show was badly put together. Very badly. There seemed to be more emphasis on what was Happening at the merchandise stands than what was happening inside the ring.

Now, after Flan's report I don't need to pin point every thing that was wrong as our opinions seem to match but perhaps I could sum it up in my own words. With the exception of a passable 4 way Zero Gravity match and a fairly decent Viper Vs. Nigel McGuiness match, the show was hard to watch, hard to hear and personally, even though some would describe IWW as our rival at NLW, i attended last night's show hoping to see a great show. It certainly had the potential to be great. If it had have been great, then it would be good for everyone... Irish Whip Wrestling, the fans and Irish Wrestling in general. In the end however, I think IWW failed to put forward the show that they had the potential to put forward. Which is a shame. Good luck to Irish Whip Wrestling in Cork tonight and hopefully Simon and co. can learn from mistakes made last night.

Although I've probably said enough at this stage, I must point out here that learning from one's mistakes does not seem to be IWW's strong point. I am refering, and I'm sure Domhnal can back me up here, to the first Whiplash taping taped in the Moat Theatre in Naas in 2005 I think it was. Though on a much smaller scale, this 'show' serves as the blue-print for what we witnessed last night. Featuring not three, but FOUR episodes of Whiplash, this card last FOUR hours. Think about that for a second. Four hours. I could give another lenghtly report from memory on how dire the work-rate, booking and star power was on this event were, but I'm sure Whiplash's ratings illustrate that well-enough. What I will say is this; for a show that only attracted 45 people in the first place, there were 18 people left in the venue by the time the final bell rang. Four hours. The worst four hours of my life. Honestly. To this day whenever I see Domhnal I ask him "Why did we stay? Why didn't we just leave?" but he always gives the same answer, he just turns white, begins to shiver and tremble, and murmurs "Four hours...four hours...".

That IWW would let history repeat itself last night is an insult. Although I have to admit I stumbled across Buzz TV today on Chorus Digital, if IWW really think that it is wize to castrate its live market in favor of a miniscule, non-paying TV audience is a good idea, then I would have to give up all hope on the league altogether.

I would be very interested to hear Gimmick's etc. opinions on tonight's Cork offering.

what gets me is that one of the best matches ive ever seen live and a great night of wrestling will NEVER make dvd.
    im taking about the zero g tournament :mad:

What happened with that?

I wanted that DVD, but it never happened for some reason :(

What happened with that?

I wanted that DVD, but it never happened for some reason :(

As far as i heard there was a fup up of the recording of it,the aspect was wrong or it was sidewards.

Just received a few texts from a friend whos at the Cork show. As of ten minutes ago, the ring hadn't been set up, the "talent" was still out signing autographs, with absolutely no sign of the show starting. And to cap it all of, Nigel McGuiness, thats Nigel McGuinness, the ROH World Champion has resorted to doing card tricks to keep the ever more anxious kids entertained.

Seriously how much more bush league can these guys be? It seems to me they've done more to piss their fanbase off this [past weekend when the idea of running a big show was tobring in more fans? ****ing pathetic.:eek:

• Advertisement

Just received a few texts from a friend whos at the Cork show. As of ten minutes ago, the ring hadn't been set up, the "talent" was still out signing autographs, with absolutely no sign of the show starting. And to cap it all of, Nigel McGuiness, thats Nigel McGuinness, the ROH World Champion has resorted to doing card tricks to keep the ever more anxious kids entertained.

Seriously how much more bush league can these guys be? It seems to me they've done more to piss their fanbase off this [past weekend when the idea of running a big show was tobring in more fans? ****ing pathetic.:eek:

Ah holy Jesus that is a bit much,if raven breaks out his ecw stories you can forget about the wrestling show :D

Latest is that they waited till 9.15 and in the absence of an actual wrestling ring, cancelled the whole thing and refunded everyone their money. Apparently there are a lot of irate parents in Cork. What a complete and utter embarrassment especially when a quality guy like Nigel whos a consummate professional has been booked. I doubt hes ever seen the likes of this amateurish, backyard stuff in all his life. This surely removes ANY credibility that IWW have in the eyes of the public as a reliable organisation capable of putting on a wrestling show IN AN ACTUAL RING as advertised. ****ing backyarders, I've always said it.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

What about the people who left before 9.15pm as there was clearly no show going to happen, where do they get their refunds?

Besides meeting the wrestlers it was a disaster, a ring is a pretty essential piece of equipment, Felt sorry for the wrestlers they were getting grief from parents especially Raven who tried to calm people, Nigel too,few people knew who he was he had kids poking at his hair while he was doing card tricks

No ring there 24hrs after their last show, what is that about?

Latest is that they waited till 9.15 and in the absence of an actual wrestling ring, cancelled the whole thing and refunded everyone their money. Apparently there are a lot of irate parents in Cork. What a complete and utter embarrassment especially when a quality guy like Nigel whos a consummate professional has been booked. I doubt hes ever seen the likes of this amateurish, backyard stuff in all his life. This surely removes ANY credibility that IWW have in the eyes of the public as a reliable organisation capable of putting on a wrestling show IN AN ACTUAL RING as advertised. ****ing backyarders, I've always said it.:eek:

Is that true?!

If so, all i can say is...

nwolaugh.gif

Deadly serious!

EdK wrote: »
    No ring there 24hrs after their last show, what is that about?

Well when you have a fatty like Raven running the ropes the night before, its only natural a few boards are gonna break.:D

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ how bad is this :eek:,lucky i got my dvd last night as i REALLY think this is a slippery slope for Iww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

This is a complete and utter disaster for IwW. I wonder what the likes of Raven and Nigel McGuinness make of this debacle. The fact IwW dont have an updated website proves that they really are an unprofessional outfit.

To whoever was at the Cork "show" would they mind giving an indepth write up of what actually went on.

I blame Alex Shane

Seriously WTF, Ireland has never seen the likes?

Come on NLW please start running regular shows!

I reckon Raven and Co. are happy campers. They went to the venue, signed some stuff and went home. I doubt their wage will suffer.

Did they have the ring, but just not set it up, or was it just not brought to the arena at all?

Poor IwW.... hahaha

• Advertisement

There goes the intermission money from last night :p

rovert wrote: »
    I blame Alex Shane

Seriously WTF, Ireland has never seen the likes?

WRESTLING has never seen the likes. I doubt any of the better known independent wrestlers in the UK or US or beyond will want to be associated with an organisation thats run as unprofessionally as this, once this gets out.

They're a joke, I've said it for years and its only now people are agreeing with me.

WRESTLING has never seen the likes. I doubt any of the better known independent wrestlers in the UK or US or beyond will want to be associated with an organisation thats run as unprofessionally as this. They're a joke, I've said it for years and its only now people are agreeing with me.

It has hence the Alex Shane joke (it is an old story and an inside joke dont worry about it.) But still they have ****ed themselves in that county as Mums and Dads dont forget stuff like this. I wouldnt be shocked if this is on Liveline tomorrow, seriously.

WRESTLING has never seen the likes. I doubt any of the better known independent wrestlers in the UK or US or beyond will want to be associated with an organisation thats run as unprofessionally as this. They're a joke, I've said it for years and its only now people are agreeing with me.

Flava theres no way after this im taking up for Iww but before you get on your soapbox:
    Do you not see that the most successful irish wrestling promotion is in a bad way what does that mean for smaller ones and irish wrestling in general.
    I mean yeah its a joke etc but look @ the bigger picture to,will we be still laughing when if we don't leave this country we only have wwe as "wrestling" to go to.

I reckon Raven and Co. are happy campers. They went to the venue, signed some stuff and went home. I doubt their wage will suffer.

Did they have the ring, but just not set it up, or was it just not brought to the arena at all?

Poor IwW.... hahaha

The ring wasn't even in Cork, there would have been no problem if they only had to set the ring up

They started off by saying there would definitely be a show as they have deadlines and tv to tape, obviously that changed

I wonder what happened the ring

Apparently the truck it was in broke down, but who knows?

EdK wrote: »
    Apparently the truck it was in broke down, but who knows?

That blue van?

Thats most likely what happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement