Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

No the vans a purple colour,a catering company van or a white one either or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Van,Truck,Purple,Blue either way it contained the ring and wasnt anywhere near Neptune Stadium in Cork haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jeffk wrote: »
    No the vans a purple colour,a catering company van or a white one either or

Regardless of what colour it was if it was that van they drove the ring in for the Neilstown show awhile back, they are idiots.

Doesnt manson drive the van?:confused:

Isnt Brusier the man with the golden van?

he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Yeah Mad Man does indeed drive the ring to venues. They prob left this morning at about 10am to get down to Cork, surely they would have had enough time to fix the truck to make it down in time. Its only a 3 hr drive down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Flava theres no way after this im taking up for Iww but before you get on your soapbox:
    Do you not see that the most successful irish wrestling promotion is in a bad way what does that mean for smaller ones and irish wrestling in general.
    I mean yeah its a joke etc but look @ the bigger picture to,will we be still laughing when if we don't leave this country we only have wwe as "wrestling" to go to.

Sure you won't go anyway, you've repeatedly been going on about boycotting them and spending your cash on ROH discs, so you're obviously not THAT bothered about having a local company to support!

Anyway, no one would be happier than myself to support an Irish wrestling company or indeed help them out in any way possible IF they didn't repeatedly show themselves to be badly run, unprofessional, amateurish, misleading to their fans, churn oput these badly trained wrestlers who haven't improved even a little in the 3-4 years that they've been in existence, charge way over the odds for their crappy little shows in disgusting venues, can't even be bothered to update their own website yet claim to promote local wrestling etc etc: I could go on all night, but to be honest this latest ridiculous catastrophe speaks for itself in terms of this useless little company, far better than anything I could ever say.:eek:

Yeah Mad Man does indeed drive the ring to venues. They prob left this morning at about 10am to get down to Cork, surely they would have had enough time to fix the truck to make it down in time. Its only a 3 hr drive down

Probably less on a Sunday too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Never a dull moment with Iww. I really hope NLW/NWA start promoting regular shows around Dublin on a regular basis.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sure you won't go anyway, you've repeatedly been going on about boycotting them and spending your cash on ROH discs, so you're obviously not THAT bothered about having a local company to support!

Anyway, no one would be happier to support an Irish wrestling company or indeed help them out in any way possible IF they didn't repeatedly show themselves to be badly run, unprofessional, amateurish, misleading to their fans, churn oput these badly trained wrestlers who haven't improved even a little in the 3-4 years that they've been in existence, charge way over the odds for their crappy little shows in disgusting venues, can't even be bothered to update their own website yet claim to promote local wrestling etc etc: I could go on all night, but to be honest this latest ridiculous catastrophe speaks for itself in terms of this useless little company, far better than anything I could ever say.:eek:

I WAS bothered untill last night and then this really wraps up my interest in iww.I was so pushed on them cause there was some talent and i got to know a lot of the lads and ladies and they where/are some sound people.So thats why i supported them,not to fill peoples pockets.

Seriously though lads, someone should call the AA, I'm worried that Mad Man Manson is out there in the dark all alone in the dark on the Dublin-Cork road with his blue/purple/white/gold van with the exhaust hanging off and a broken wrestling ring sticking out the back door........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Woah, some of you are very harsh! I don't think this is as big as some are making it out to be. Sure, on the surface it sounds unprofessional and whatever, but it looks like it can be explained by a simple breaking down of a van. What can they do?

Sure, the people at the show will come away with a bad opinion of IWW, but it doesn't really harm the majority of their fans. The packed houses they got for shows earlier in the year won't know anything about this. Might harm the bigger stars at the show, or maybe they'll take pity with the situation of a broken van!

Yeah the van broke down that cant be helped but it was still an hour away at 8pm so it was clear they had not allowed enough time to get things sorted, they had from around 11pm last night to 6pm tonight to get the ring to Cork

I'd have assumed they'd have began travelling last night to cork, so they could have today free of hassle of travel etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I can confirm that it was in fact the breaking down of the ring van that caused this happening. Full and sincere apologies to anyone inconvenienced by this.

IwW tried to delay and not cancel the show for as long as possible by holding an extended Meet & Greet with all wrestlers with the fans, so people would still get their money's worth, but in the end it had to be cancelled due to timing reasons.

This is a completely isolated, unforeseen incident and nothing could be done to help the situation. You can't have the show without a ring, and unfortunately if the transport for said ring goes out of action, what else can you do really? In saying that though, IwW were devastated to have to tell fans that the show would be cancelled and put them through this experience. IwW is very proud of its relationship with its fanbase and thus something like this is a worst case scenario deal for us.

I can assure you that IwW is not 'in a bad way' as some seem to think. As stated already, this was an isolated incident.

We travel to shows, whenever possible, on the day of the show. Doing so the night before would be hazardous as after a 12-hour day for most involved, expecting the ring crew to travel to Cork would be a danger to their and others' safety. The ring van left with more than sufficient time to make the journey as always, but breaking down obviously put a stop to that.

Refunds are available from Pro Musica in Cork City and once again, on behalf of Irish Whip Wrestling, sincerest apologies to all those who had to deal with this unfortunate, freak occurence.

If i was honestly only going to see Raven, Balls, etc. then Id be delighted.

Stand around talking to them for a while AND get your money back?!

I'm sure at least some people consider it a win-win :p

Wonder did raven charge per word/minute or what way was his charging system set up for talking to people :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Just back from the Cork show and it was as bad as it sounds. I arrived at about 7:30 and went in to see and empty floor with no ring or seats set up so that came as a bit of a shock.

All the stars were signing merch when we went in and all were very nice. I didn't get charged at all by Raven, Balls or Nigel for anything. However Davairi wanted €5 so that wasn't too bad i guess. Got loads signed and pictures with all of them. Nigel was even sound enough to bring me to the back so I could get a picture with the ROH title. That said, he seemed very cranky and rightfully so I guess. He did some card tricks and taught some kids wrestling moves to pass time.

Raven was chatty as ever and tried to explain to the crowd what was happening. First we were told the ring would be here and the show would go on as planned. Then later people were getting pissed off and were demanding refunds. I actually got some great footage of a few angry Cork dads surrounding the IWW owner with Raven & Balls trying to calm things down!

Then people were told that they could have the refunds and a shorter show would still go on as soon as the ring came which they were free to stay and watch. Balls sat in the seats telling road stories to all that would listen! He seemed to be a really nice guy. The gash on his forehead though looks nasty as hell. I can only imagine how Corino's looks in real life.

However we were then later informed that a show would not be happening but wrestlers would take pics and stuff with anyone who wanted them. Raven and Balls were great, doing anything fans would ask them. Raven seemed to really get into reading the Rise and Fall of ECW book I was getting him to sign. He sat there reading it for a good while!

Even though I had great fum meeting all the guys and stuff, it was fairly annoying that we couldn't get to see some wrestling. I mean, transportation of a ring is fairly major and it's not like Ireland is that big so getting it from Dublin to Cork should only take a matter of hours. I didn't hear the official explanation of why it didn't arrive, could anyone clear that up? The guys from IWW seemed fairly sound though and i guess these things happen, but it definitely pissed a lot of people off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Yeah that's all i really wanted and i got my belt signed and a pic with the ROH title so I'm pretty happy!

For whatever reason, Raven didn't charge me anything and I got 3 DVD's, a book, belt signed as well as several pics and got him to cut a promo on camera for one of my friends who couldn't make it. All for free! Seemed like a good deal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Wonder did raven charge per word/minute or what way was his charging system set up for talking to people :confused:

Boycott him.

Then later people were getting pissed off and were demanding refunds. I actually got some great footage of a few angry Cork dads surrounding the IWW owner with Raven & Balls trying to calm things down!
    This needs to go on you-tube!:D

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Boycott him.

Ah gerard did you enjoy the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

It is truly a terrible occurance but I guess things happen that are beyond anyones control. The breaking down of a ring van could happen to any promotion, its just bad luck. I'm sure Iww will find a way to make it up to the cork fans by bringing another big show back there soon. I know many people out there are angry and honestly if i was attending the show I'd be pissed but its something that cant be helped. At least fans got to hang out with the talent. I'm sure some in attendance will have fond memories of hearing road stories etc from the former wwe guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ah gerard did you enjoy the show?

I left early to go to a friends birthday. The zero gravity match was good. I'm sure you were delighted with the title change. Looks like your boycott worked!

Presumably these lame apologies will be appearing on your own website as well? Or is the website broken down as badly as your van? I mean how many of the parents who turned up to the show with children who ended up disappointed will be reading this thread? Maybe you appeased some smart marks by allowing them hang around with the wrestlers, but thats little consolation to someone with 3 or 4 kids who would have been looking forward to seeing a big show in Cork for the first time in years? Telling them you didn't get your van's MOT done won't appease their disappointment, nor will a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Deary me IWW haven't had a fiasco on this scale since they booked Jerry Lynn for a card in Mount Temple in April 2004 only for the show to be cancelled without telling anyone.

But in fairness the van breaking down is out of IWW's control. Though I'm sure Simon is cooking up an Alex Shane/Jon Farrer style conspiracy as we speak, we shouldn't judge IWW too harshly for this.

What I am curious about is how this will affect their tapings for Buzz, and moreover what effect (if any) this shamlbes will have on their next show in Donnycarney on July 5th, with Raven and Doug Basham.

One more thing; the comments of how shocked Raven, Balls etc. must be at this are nothing sort of ridiculous; they've been in the business long-enough to have been involved in ****tier situations than this; at least here they got paid, a holiday of sorts and didn't have to take a bump all night.

On an unrelated note, Nigel sounds like a class act.

Felt sorry for Nigel sitting alone at his autograph table staring into space, I approached him and asked how much his signed pictures were, €5 which was cool with me, we talked for a sec about ROH in Orlando, he then autographed ROH Undeniable as he remembered his title win over Moreshima and took a pic with myself and my brother with no further charge, he is a sound guy so for him to be doing card tricks on a sinking ship (the show not the company) was good of him

The wrestlers tried their best to appease the crowd but some aul fellas were going nuts

Mandrake being mistaken for Matt Hardy was priceless, he turned around to some kid and said "does Matt Hardy look this scary" while making a face with his creepy contacts haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

These last 2 days just seem to be comeplete disastors for IwW. 1st show is a bad show and the 2nd there is no show. I know these things happen but i think more could have been done on both occasions. Say what ya want about CpW, CpW Northside, NwA, NLW at least the shows go on and the shows are not too bad. I was at the CpW Northside show today and it was a good show, there best so far. Never have i seen from any Irish wrestling show every child screaming at the top of there voices from start to finish and i've been to every promotion. Every kid was into every match. Every kid then left at the end chanting "Northside""Northside". Now say what ya want "eh there was probably only 10 ppl there". There was almost 100 ppl there. not too bad for a small company with no resources. A couple of ppl there said the show,even though small was far better in comparison to the IwW show in the NBA and that was with named stars. Now i wasn't at the NBA so i cant have an opinion but it just seems IwW have gone way downhill from the glory they had in 2006 and 2007. Just my opinion. Not trying to ruffle any feathers.:D

I know this will sound stupid, but I really wish i was gonna go to tonights show. :(

Id love to sit around talking with raven and balls etc. i mean... which will be a better memory? the time raven and balls did a match you can barely remember, or the time they sat down and talked directly to you and shared some of their stories with you?

Im not saying "woo, go IwW!!" but i mean... heh, i wish i went..

• Advertisement

Do you have results from the CPW:NS show? Care to post you're thoughts in the CPW topic?

flahavaj wrote: »
    This needs to go on you-tube!:D

Agreed!:D

Here's a question; how many people actually showed up to the venue? Are we talking 200, 400, 600?

Here's a question; how many people actually showed up to the venue? Are we talking 200, 400, 600?

I wonder how many stayed to see them take the ring down?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ayden316 wrote: »
    Say what ya want about CpW, CpW Northside, NwA, NLW at least the shows go on

Up until a few hours ago you could say the same thing about IWW and I'm sure you'll be able to say the same thing in the future as they're sure to learn whatever lesson is to be learned here. It's a bit harsh to be saying that I think!
    Ayden316 wrote: »
    I was at the CpW Northside show today and it was a good show, there best so far. Never have i seen from any Irish wrestling show every child screaming at the top of there voices from start to finish and i've been to every promotion. Every kid was into every match.

I saw the same thing at an IWW show early this year. I'm not trying to be an IWW defender here, I just want to bring some perspective to the situation. Ok, it wasn't IWW's best weekend, but from my experience they do get it right most of the time

Fozzy wrote: »
    Up until a few hours ago you could say the same thing about IWW and I'm sure you'll be able to say the same thing in the future as they're sure to learn whatever lesson is to be learned here. It's a bit harsh to be saying that I think!

I saw the same thing at an IWW show early this year. I'm not trying to be an IWW defender here, I just want to bring some perspective to the situation. Ok, it wasn't IWW's best weekend, but from my experience they do get it right most of the time

You're right Fozzy, but the point being made here is that while it wasn't IWW's best week-end, it really was supposed to be. Bad booking ****ed up the first show, and while I'm in no position to comment on what happened tonight, there are likey to be a lot of PO'd fans in the rebel county right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

Fozzy wrote: »

Sorry fozzy i meant that ive never seen kids leaving a show and for about 20mins after it constantly chanting "NORTHSIDE""NORTHSIDE" Now that is very rarely seen.:D

Ah it wasnt all bad haha

DSCF1578.jpg
    DSCF1579.jpg
    DSCF1580.jpg
    DSCF1581.jpg
    DSCF1582.jpg

I have to agree with other people that McGuinness is a class act. I was at the Dublin show and he was the one wrestler that when you would go up to get an autograph off him he would have a little chat with you and say things like "alright mate" "How you doing etc" and the other thing about him was that while other wrestlers looked like they had only gotten out of bed, I could see backstage from where i was sitting and McGuinness was getting ready for his match as if it was a wrestlemania main event psyching himself up and hitting himself on the head etc. I was a fan of McGuinness before the show and im an even bigger fan now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i have to say i quite enjoyed myself!

while obviously the ring no show was a disaster, it was complete outside of their control (although when the van rolled in at about 9.15 with manson driving and vic viper in the passenger seat, simon gave them a look that said "i'm going to kill you" to both of them)

I have to say the wrestlers were troopers. raven got on the mic and explained the situation, and credit to him, he didnt have to do that, he could have just walked back stage. at about 8pm it was announced that the ring would be there in an hour, that refunds were available if so required, and that the wrestlers would sign things and take photos for free, which was a classy touch imo.

gimmick has all the photos, but nigel mcguiness was an absolute gent. he said he'd never been to an event with no ring and started laughing. raven had a touch of the "superstars" about him and barely said two words to me when i said hello.

davari was very chatty, telling us about his future with TNA, and about mohammad hassan, who's now in hollywood doing screenwriting, apparently. he was telling us that they both got death threats as a result of the controversy they stirred up.

the absolute highlight for me though was balls mahoney. he announced that he was going to be telling "R-rated ECW road stories" to whoever wanted to hear them, so i went to where he was, sat down right next to him, and was enthralled for the next half an hour. he was telling us about the origins of flaming tables, about how he introduced thumbtacks to wrestling, the best and worst workers he faced, ECW on WWE (i commented that it's now just Heat under the ECW name, and he looked me right in the eyes and said "man i say that all the time!" which was cool), he's on a 90 day no compete clause in WWE, he's "still getting cheques" so he couldnt really talk about it.

he told a cracking story about being put through a table by the dudleys, but it didnt extinguish when he went through it and it ended up burning off loads of his skin, and how lance storm gave him two handfuls of painkillers before he went to hospital. which, he pointed out, was funny because lance storm would be drunk on a tiny amount of beer.

dsc00076rg5.jpg

it was great to hear his stories, and it was the highlight of the night for me.

the quality isnt great on this (thank you crappy sony ericsson), but skip forward to about 35 seconds and he starts the skin burning off story. i had a few beers with me that i had for the show, and I gave one to him! he was drinking Jack and coke at the time.. i gave a beer to balls mahoney, how cool is that!

while it may have been a disaster for the company, I certainly enjoyed myself. was chatting to Eamonn D'arcy who's my mate's flatmate and he was hugely embarrassed and apologetic about the whole thing.

but as i said, i quite enjoyed myself, and i'll be going back to IWW the next time they're in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nothing to add really from what has been said. I actually quite enjoyed myself despite the circumstances. Nigel McGuinness and Daivari were both well nice. Daivari was a total gent in fact.

This is a black eye which could kill wrestling in Cork though. The casual parent doesn't really know who IWW or NLW and will certainly not know the difference. All they will see is "wrestling" on a poster and will likely lump them all into one category. There did seem to be alot of angry people there last night. Some just wouldn't leave it lie and pretty much harassed the promoters and Raven long after they had gotten their original point across.

Balls Mahoneys stories were interesting, especially his stories of Axl Rotten. I doubt Balls is a healthy man.

I asked Nigel are ROH coming to the UK anytime soon, and he said they are looking for a new promoter now that Alex Shane has gotten into bed with TNA. Perhaps Mark Sloan would be a good option given the excellent job he seems to be doing with the NOAH tour this weekend?

The ring arrived at about 9.15, With and angry and worried looking Manson and Viper. At this stage it was too late as the show had been officially canceled. We went to the pub and caught the last 20+ minutes of Czech and Turkey.

However, when IWW do come back to Cork, I will be supporting them.

I really wish i went to that show :(

You'd think IwW would do some kinda wrestling convention sometime. With Bret Hart, Raven, Balls, Daivari, Mercury, etc. etc. all coming over, if you lumped them and some other established rasslers into one building, i reckon you'd make quite a few €€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Have to say that I enjoyed the show, was my first time at a wrestling show and was only going because I was bringing my 8 yr old, (John Cena fan). Were in the front row, so he was delighted with that.

Show went on a bit long for my liking, especially the interval. We got the photo taken in the ring (more to pass the time than for the actual photo). I saw people coming back with the polaroid photos and had decided not to bother but then when the interval was going of for so long, I decided to put in some time by queueing and getting the photo taken (luckily I had my own camera with me, so at least got a half-decent picture for my trouble). The polaroid was a waste of time, as the guy using the camera was too far back, the people in the pictures were only taken up about a quarter of the image!, would not have been any trouble to have the guy taking the pictures a few feet closer and then you might at least be able to see the people in the photos.

The young fella had a great night though and I will definitely go again. Had a bit of chat with Balls Mahoney on the night as well while getting a picture signed (10 euro). I 'think' he was charging 15 euro if you wanted a (polaroid type) picture taken with him, and then signed.

Sorry to hear about what happened down in Cork though, and I am fairly sure Joe Duffy will be getting calls about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

i cant believe the viciously negative comments cropping up on this thread about IWW, and yes i choose to use vicious because thats what they are, i dont think iww started out to deliberately sabotage there show, what with stars like mcguiness raven balls etc etc, so the van broke down on the way to the venue, you can if but and guess your way to getting the ring to the venue overnight or leaving earlier, but they didnt and with the greatest will in the world didnt expect there transportation to break down so left when they did

And from what i read here it wasnt all that bad as people did manage to spend time with the wrestlers who went out of there way to entertain with road stories etc etc, something that very rarely happens outside of the wrestling conventions in the US

Its a shame that people bitched and moaned at raven and the other wrestlers for something that was out of ther control, wtf did they want them to do wreslte with no ring

Yes IWW ****ed up theres no doubt about that, but for people to say its the death knell or there in trouble Get a grip FFS

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    Yes IWW ****ed up theres no doubt about that, but for people to say its the death knell or there in trouble Get a grip FFS

Sorry but they pissed off a load of people in their second biggest market.
    These supershows fund the smaller shows they run during the rest of the year.
    They probably promised Buzz TV x amount of footage from the weekend which hasnt been met which may damage relations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

rovert wrote: »
    Sorry but they pissed off a load of people in their second biggest market

And do you think the deliberately set out to piss people off no they didnt, the van broke down thats all, it wasnt a conspiracy or anything like that, it was out of IWWS control

Yes its damaged there reputation, but it doesnt mean there dead in the water as all the naysayers are saying here, they fecked up as all of us are prone to do from time to time were none of us far from perfect tbh

Shin

And do you think the deliberately set out to piss people off no they didnt

Sigh, did I say that? Now you are being overly defensive.
    it was out of IWWS control

Unlikely but how do you know?

I would agree that this is far from "The end of IWW~~!!", but the damage this may have caused has to be acknowledged. They may not be able to run Cork again for quite some time. While, even if they can post-pone the next episodes of television till the Donnycarney show, the storylines from the first 3 episodes taped in Tallaght will no doubt have to be scuppered e.g. Balls and Manson announced on the house mike that they would be challenging Simmonz and Morales the following night in Cork in a grudge Street Fight. Nothing editing can't get round I'm sure, but a mess nonetheless.

And of course IWW didn't do this on purpose. No one is suggesting they did. Such a notion is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Travelled down from Clare myself with a few mates for the (no) show in Cork. Obviously factoring in hotel and transport etc.. it cost me a bit more than most to attend what was effectively a meet and greet.

I have to say as a whole the wrestlers were fantastic considering the circumstances, Raven showing himself to be a true humanitarian when it came to dealing with some of the fans. Balls was hillarious and very personable spending a fair amount of time sitting in the bleachers and answering questions. Daivari was equally approachable and willing to talk. Strangest sight of the event had to be Raven outside (around 15 minutes after he arrived) eating a bowl of cereal and being complained at by a few of the dads in the queue who obviously hadn't a clue who they were talking/complaining to. That said he took it all in good grace.

The worst part however I have to say (appart from the fact the show was ultimately cancelled) was being strung along with announcements that the van would be here in, an hour/soon/an hour/ten minutes etc... When it became obvious that the ring wouldn't arrive at a reasonable time (which the organisers must have realised at around six or half six) it would have been better to cancel it outright then rather than have people still waiting and expecting to see some wrestling until around nine o'clock. Then people could have just enjoyed the meet and greet for what it was and headed off after a half an hour or an hour.

Yeah Raven eating cereal before he started selling his stuff was a bit obscure but apparently he's a big cereal fan

Raven's Blog | June 15, 2008

i am in ireland and by gosh she's a lovely country. hot crowd last night. right now i am in an internet store waiting for the ring truck to show up. apparently it broke down. as soon as i am done this, the boss is gonna eat cereal, b/c the boss loves his cereal. ireland has pretty good cereal, but australia has the best. i didnt want to leave. we stayed at the worlds' worst 4 star hotel, although since we were on the 24th floor, and had a huge patio, once you opened the sliding glass doors, and the breeze (which was constant) came in, it was magnificent. it overlooked the city and the harbor, and made eating cereal on the balcony almost a mystic experience.

i like the fruit and fibre type cereals, the more fruit the better. australia had like 10 different brands with fruits like papaya, mango, and pineapple in one box, not some one fruit, one box bull****. maybe apple , coconut, and pinapple in another. so many different combinations. it was heavenly. the u.s. doesnt have enough variety. basically they have your generic and jabroni-ish one fruit per box, not multi fruits. is this what we fought the british for? i demand more and better-er choices and selections. does no one remember the lesser known but still equally important philadelphia cereal party, where locals dressed up as captain crunch and threw boxes of crappy cereal overboard b/c they had lousy prizes, and were sugar free crap like product 19. no taxation with out representation, ha-rumph !

well duty calls. comics and cereal, a mainstay of any good healthy living plan.

i am trying to blog more. i figure what they lack in quality, i'll make up for in lack of quantity . . . . ha-rumph, thbptt, and oi

the Boss

• Advertisement
Advertisement