Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW invade Dublin & Cork this June w/WWE, RoH & NOAH stars

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

the storylines from the first 3 episodes taped in Tallaght will no doubt have to be scuppered e.g. Balls and Manson announced on the house mike that they would be challenging Simmonz and Morales the following night in Cork in a grudge Street Fight. Nothing editing can't get round I'm sure, but a mess nonetheless.

Good point I didnt think about this on that level. Lots of matches had Morales or Simmonz run ins that have to be explain away some how.

I know it was never going to happen but could you imagine if they did a weekend ROH title change with the plan of Nigel winning it back in Cork? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

good im glad everyone who did has climbed down off there high a mighty tbh

shin

shinzon wrote: »

shin

wat?

Also you didnt reply to my post

that was my reply

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

shin

LOL, myself and rovert were probably the least high and mighty of the IWW critics. You can go back to crying into your IWW program now.

that was my reply

shin

To post #248?

LOL, myself and rovert were probably the least high and mighty of the IWW critics. You can go back to crying into your IWW program now.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Stop trolling/learn to read

rovert wrote: »
    Stop trolling/learn to read

Excuse me whose trolling im not, i did rolleyes at his comment because its ludicrous in the extreme

Shin

Excuse me whose trolling im not, i did rolleyes at his comment because its ludicrous in the extreme

Shin

Yet you provide little proof or justification for your extreme view. Sorry but that is trolling.

PS reply to post #248

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Probably the best place to post this, but if not lemme know.

The announcer mentioned that they were recording two or three weeks of TV shows at the show last Saturday in the National Basketball Arena. Anyone know what station(s) and time(s) show IwW?

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    Probably the best place to post this, but if not lemme know.

The announcer mentioned that they were recording two or three weeks of TV shows at the show last Saturday in the National Basketball Arena. Anyone know what station(s) and time(s) show IwW?

Only details given was Buzz TV on NTL Digital.

Only details given was Buzz TV on NTL Digital.

Is that channel also on Sky?

Is that channel also on Sky?

Ive Sky and I couldnt find it.

Shin

Extreme to the max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ive Sky and I couldnt find it.

Think it is only on NTL digital, I found the channel, but was full of live 'psychics' and stuff like that, not something I am likely to be watching so am unlikely to come across the wrestling by accident. If anyone finds out when it is going to be on, post on here so at least I have some chance of seeing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I did a review of the dublin show for Pwinsiderxtra, so feel free to check it out if anyone is interested. probably more kind than some are being in regards to how it went. If the link stops working, i'll post the article in full.

http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArticle.php?id=10948&p=1

I did a review of the dublin show for Pwinsiderxtra, so feel free to check it out if anyone is interested. probably more kind than some are being in regards to how it went. If the link stops working, i'll post the article in full.

http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArticle.php?id=10948&p=1

Copy/Paste due to the amount of ads :)

IRISH WHIP WRESTLING IN DUBLIN LIVE REPORT: NIGEL MCGUINNESS DEFENDS ROH TITLE, BALLS MAHONEY, RAVEN, DAIVARI & MORE
    by Michael Campbell @ 9:55 AM on 6/17/2008

Live Report:The Cynical View
    Irish Whip Wrestling
    Dublin 06/14/08
    Welcome back to the Cynical View, and a live report, this time, Irish Whip’s big June 14th show in Dublin. The last time I checked in with these guys was on a fairly minor card in December, so I was eager to see how things were going.
    -In the weeks leading up to this show, there was much anticipation. It was largely booked around the reunion of former WWE tag team, La Resistance, as well as appearances by Raven, Daivari, Bryan Danielson, and Doug Williams. A couple of weeks before the show, and it was announced that Williams, Dragon, and Dupree, had all shied away. Seemingly preferring to renege on their bookings, they instead plumped for “better” offers. That’s wrestling. This also had the effect of scuppering the planned Doug Williams versus Bryan Danielson bout, that had the older fans salivating.
    Luckily, Irish Whip manage to gain the services of Nigel McGuiness, who they’ve attempted to bring back on other occasions, and Balls Mahoney. In addition, there would be a couple of lesser-known imports helping round things out. It still looked like a worthy show.
    - I arrive at the National Basketball Arena (which is a solid ten minute walk down a path of the main road- an unexpected treat for sure!) around 7.05, with the show due to kick off at about half. The arena is buzzing. Not full, but there’s a fair lot of families milling about outside at the sweet stands. IWW have done a good job with the set up of the venue, and have laid out tables for a big meet and greet area with the Guest stars. Nigel, Raven, Daivari, and Balls are all signing autographs and posing for pics.
    -The evening starts with Eamon D’Arcy in the squared circle, although his mic doesn’t work for a little while. With the problem sorted, he calls Mad Man Manson to the ring. Mandrake then comes out, and discusses his title defence against Daivari later tonight.
    Nothing special, but it earned the heel some noticeable heat, and established the different roles. Mandrake carries some corny skulls around his neck these days.
    At this point, the arena, while nowhere near full, plays host to a solid 300 or so fans at least. It’s hard to tell, as so many of the kids are running around like lunatics, and there is constant movement back and forward, both to the toilets and shop, and to the well stocked merchandise stands.
    Connor Hurley, Captain Rooney & Payday Patterson vs. Andy Boy Simmonz, The Ballymun Bruiser and LA Warren
    Starting out with this six-man effort is definitely a good idea. The crowd aren’t familiar with the likes of Simmonz, but obviously know the Irish Whip regulars. This is my first experience of Patterson, who plays an incompetent buffoon gimmick, and fairly well. There isn’t much too this match, which goes far shorter than you would expect considering 6 guys are in the ring. I’m pretty sure LA Warren (in my mind, the most accomplished of the bunch), does not tag in at any point, running in towards the hectic cluster of a finish. Injury of some sort perhaps?
    The match ends with the heels getting a cheap win.
    Not bad, though short, but it served it’s purpose of effectively warming the crowd up.
    -Daivari comes to the ring, with full head-dress, and berates the Irish fans in a good heel promo.
    Zero Gravity Title Match
    Vic Viper© vs. Red Vinny vs. Metal Master vs. Bingo Balance
    The announcing is more muffled (they’ve been having problems with the sound in this building) than usual, and I don’t even hear if the announcer informs us if this is a title match or not. I don’t find out until the finish.
    Metal Master is the most built of the foursome- a really inflated looking guy for a cruiser in fact. It takes some skilful, Jelly-snake influenced interpreting to work out his name, which at first, I believe to be the unlikely “Meadow-Blaster”, and maybe more feasibly, “Ghetto-Blaster”. Bingo and Vinny get decent reactions, especially the former. The IWW crew is using some frickin’ terrible music, to introduce the imported guys- it’s seriously lame. Viper’s entrance provokes some strong boos, and he carries himself with impressive swagger.
    Vinny starts out with Metal Master, and the action is pretty sweet. They execute basic exchanges, that hint at their flying potential, while showing of the Master’s superior strength. Vinny as usual, shows a lot of potential. When Balance and Vic enter the fray, Bingo works the head briefly, which is nicely done. He also follows up with the evening’s first big dive to the outside. This building may not be full, but they’re making a lot of noise, and come unglued following the spectacular spot. Red Vinny improves upon it, with a cool Moonsault to the outside off the top. This is well-paced action. Vinny takes out Bingo on the outside, and supports Vic in beating down Metal Master in the ring. This is smart stuff, building up anticipation for Bingo’s comeback, which makes me believe he’ll get the win.
    The heels can’t put Master away, and eventually resort to battling each other. When all four scrap once more, they enter into a really nice series of big spots. Vinny pulls off Matt Sydal’s finisher from the top, in the most impressive moment of the night, while Bingo hit’s a scintillating top-rope Lungblower on Vic, to a great reaction. At this point, the undisciplined children in the crowd are standing on top of their chairs and conducting their own wrestling matches (What the hell is wrong with parents at these shows?) which blocks my view of what I think is a Spinning Jackhammer by Metal Master. Eventually, after a great final few minutes of hot action, Balance gets the win, and yep, bags the title.
    A great match. Viper and Vinny are still, in my estimation, the most interesting on Irish Whip’s roster, and they really delivered here. It was also the best performance I’ve seen from Bingo yet. The match wasn’t just a bunch of spots either, there was a solid pace, and a nice structure there. Arguably the best bout of the night.
    Mad Man Manson vs. Dave Moralez
    I’ve seen Moralez work in 1PW before, but holy crap, he looked enormous here. He also seems to favour the Dusty Rhodes method of flattering his physique, by wearing trunks and no t-shirt. Nice.
    The fans are hot for Manson, who as always, is entertaining and affable. The bout itself though, is predictable stuff. They do some nice comedy spots, with Manson attempting to pick up his gargantuan opponent, and losing out by having his bootless foot stomped on.
    Towards the end, Andy Boy Simmonz comes to ringside, and distracts the ref, just as it looked like Manson had things wrapped up. A low-blow and roll-up later, and it t’was all over.
    I hated the finish. I just don’t buy it when a roll-up following a low-blow ends a match, and prefer that the cheap-shot leads to a legitimate finisher. That personal obsession aside, this was what it was- a brief exercise to put heat on both heels.
    Chad Collyer vs. Andy Boy Simmonz
    This one is being taped for TV, and I don’t think it’s going to go down especially well with the ADD suffering kids, the majority of whom are now running around the arena in circles, hitting each other with inflatable hammers. Irish Whip may have to up their security, to prevent this happening in future. They definitely made an effort to do so here, but the parents generally have so little interest in supervising children, that the guys running these shows may need to deploy a military presence.
    Nonetheless, both guys exchange some nice mat-holds, with Collyer going after the arm. Before it goes anywhere really though, Moralez returns to ringside, and helps Simmonz latch onto the ropes on a Sunset Flip pin attempt, which leads to the win.
    A solid, basic bout. Will probably come across better on TV, if they can hide the crowd’s ambivalence.
    -After leaving with Simmonz, Moralez returns (with full ring entrance AGAIN, something that seems to be trying the patience of the older fans especially. I would have thought that it was unnecessary to include his entrance for TV for an interview, though perhaps this would be a show opening moment?) and cuts an acceptable promo on Balls Mahoney, challenging him to an encounter. Slim Dave would definitely benefit from a menacing beard methinks.
    ROH TITLE MATCH
    Nigel McGuiness© vs. Vic Viper
    Ahh, finally, the Ring of Honor title being defended in Ireland. This match would have benefited enormously from not taking place on a card that had already seen Vic wrestle in another match .It had that big match feel that would have been emphasised, had Viper been seen to be focusing on this contest. After all, it is the frickin’ Ring of Honor title!
    At the outset, the fans don’t seem overly familiar with Nigel. Earlier, his name hardly provoked rapturous applause, and when he makes his entrance, it’s to an uncomfortable indifference.
    Within about two minutes, McGuiness has the audience in the palm of his uppercut loving hands.
    The fight spills to the outside, where the intensity is taken up a notch, much to the pleasure of the fans. Back in the ring, Vic takes control, and beats the ROH Champ down. These two work really smoothly together. Nigel’s comeback works the Dubliners into an absolute frenzy, as he pulls out a crazy number of stiff uppercuts. It’s nice to seen him work as a simple babyface performance for once. They produce a couple of nice near falls, for both guys towards the end, before Nigel nails the Tower of London, for the extremely popular victory.
    It was definitely cool seeing Nigel in a different role than that which he plays in ROH. The way in which he worked this bout was definitely in line with how I could see him distilling his style should he ever head to Stamford. A very impressive match, that probably should have been spotlighted better, and given at least five more minutes. The fans loved it, and afterwards most of the kids were nuts for Nigel.
    Raven Rules Match
    Raven vs. Bad Bones
    Bad Bones looks like the second coming on Kane, if Kane himself sat on him, squishing him like an accordion. He inexplicably earns an absolute ton of heat before he does anything, even though no-one knows who he is. Just bizarre.
    Raven gets a big pop, and cuts a straightforward promo, which he earns a couple of cheap pops for. The match is made into a Raven’s Rules encounter, which I don’t think a single soul doubted would happen. Thus, the ECW Original wrestles the Hulk Hogan babyface style, utilising back-rakes, eye-pokes, and low blows liberally.
    What can be said about this match? It turns into a demented “Fans bring the weapons” match, as Raven trawls around the ring with Bones, using whatever objects are handed to him. These include an inflatable hammer, some t-shirts, and a giant inflatable finger, that Raven utilises to execute some rather funny cavity checks. You can imagine the parents’ horror. This is great fun though for the fans at ringside. I find it hard to see, only because of a platoon of hyper children and their incompetent parents. Argh.
    Back in the ring, the match finds Bad Bones entirely working over Raven, which draws a ridiculous level of heat. The fans go nuts when he traps the star in the Camel Clutch. Hogan-style, Raven makes his comeback with yet another low-blow. Both guys take the patented Drop-toe-hold onto a chair, and Raven pulls out the Raven Effect for the well-received victory.
    Exactly what you would expect from a Raven bout at this point in his career. You wouldn’t want to watch this every week, but as a one-off, it was good fun. The fans were hot too.
    -At this point, we go to intermission, which lasts an absolutely extraordinary length of time. I’m estimating around forty minutes. It should not have last more than ten-fifteen, and drags the show overall, to a ridiculous running time.
    Chad Collyer vs. Bad Bones
    I’m away through part of the intermission doing an interview, and end up missing this one too. I’m told it’s a short encounter, that I believe ended with a roll-up win for Collyer, though I may be wrong.
    Balls Mahoney vs. Dave Moralez
    I see parts of this one. Balls is extremely over. At one point, his hefty opponent hits an awkward, but still surprising, Flying Headbutt. At one point, Balls has the encounter just about wrapped up, when Andy Boy Simmonz runs in, and crotches him on the top rope, which leads to Moralez getting the surprise win with a superplex. A wacky brawl, that sees both guys tussle all over the place, and make liberal use of chairs. Of course Balls blades, and I hear he had a tremendously impressive face-gash on Sunday morning. Nice. By all accounts, most of the fans in the building were looking forward to this match most, and were not disappointed by the wild nature of the scrap.
    -After the match, the heels make to beat down Balls with a chair, but they are interrupted by the heroic Mad Man Manson, which sets up a tag match for the following night in Cork.
    IWW International Title Match
    Mandrake© vs. Daivari
    Unfortunately, due to the excessive running time of the show (I left around a Quarter to 11, as I had to catch a bus at 11 back into Dublin centre), I missed this bout entirely. It had not begun when I left, and I noticed that the crowd was much slimmer than earlier. I guess a lot of those families considered it too late at this point.
    Mandrake of course, picked up the win, in what was said to be an okay match.
    The bad
    There was much to not like about this show. Firstly, it ran far, far too long. Yes, it include some bouts that were television tapings, and this was indeed a factor. However, most people were here to witness a minor supershow, an event more akin to 2007’s Global Impact, rather than a scattered array of storylines that they do not follow. The Meet and greet should have been reserved almost entirely for beforehand, and negated the need for the Intermission Photograph sessions in the ring. I know they did this, as they always do, with great attention paid to the kids, but it was unnecessary given everything else that was on offer. A lot of the kids were hyperactive little tykes that could have done with a good slap round the mouth too…
    But the combination of too many matches, and a woefully long intermission really hurt proceedings. Many had to leave before or during one of the top three matches, including myself. As I headed outside, I noticed the car park considerably more empty than on the way in.
    The generic music used for a bunch of superstars was also pants. Nigel told me that he’d forgot to bring his, which is why they went with the other stuff, but I have a feeling they may have been going with that anyway.
    Oh, and I also thought, that they didn’t use enough of their own talent! Where were the other young Irish Whip guys?
    The Good
    IWW provided a good mixture of different styles. We had comedy hardcore. We had a good aerial encounter with the light Heavyweights. We also had a great babyface match with Nigel. There was a more serious, authentic hardcore bout, and also a hint of technical mat-wrestling. Plus, we had a Main-event style outing to close the show. In all, not everything was perfectly executed, but there was enough to give everyone something to enjoy. It was especially nice though to see the young kids react so positively to McGuiness.
    Security has improved. It’s still not great, but they are getting there. And in a venue with such an open floor plan like this, they certainly did what they could.
    Both the ROH World title defence, and the Zero Gravitt Four-way were very good matches indeed, and as far as the show goes, made up pretty much for any of it’s other shortcomings, wrestling-wise.
    The Meet and Great was well organised, laid out, and received. Most fans seemed happy meeting their idols, who posed with them, and enjoyed getting a variety of things autographed.
    In all, definitely a worthwhile event, which as usual, catered to the family audience that Irish Whip usually successfully seek out. I have a feeling that the booking of Danielson was something to attract a few older fans, but It sort of fell apart when he cancelled, leading to those fans not partaking in this event. But for those who did, we were rewarded with a good ROH title defence at short notice.
    Unfortunately, during the writing of this report, I learned that the following evening, Irish Whip unfortunately had to cancel their Cork show, due to a problem with the van carrying the ring, which it seems broke down . As unfortunate as this was, I’m sure it was even worse seeing some of those angry Southern parents. The promotion did what they could, and hosted a really long, extended meet-and-greet with all the wrestlers, in addition to offering full refunds. Hopefully this setback is a very minor one.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this wacky review/rant/gibberish. I would hope it had at least as much depth as Aldo Montoya’s jockstrap, and the entertainment value of Shawn Michaels‘ hairline. If you have any comments, I welcome and encourage all feedback. Please get in touch at bazilalfonso@hotmail.com or on my myspace page… www.myspace.com/michaelwrestlingetc Until bell-time, thanks again.
    We're sorry, but you must have JavaScript enabled to view articles.

In reference to that article, its very well written and detailed, congrats and good work. I enjoyed reading it. :)

Also, Flananator, i read practically everything on your site.. are you finished with it or are you gonna continue updating every now and then?

• Advertisement

I would have to call that report anything but a "Cynical View" if I'm honest, you describe the decent as great (the fourway and the ROH title match), while I would object strongly to some of your points, like when you described LA Warren as "the most accomplished of the bunch" in match where Andy Boy Freakin' Simmonz was involved. He's accomplished more in the last 6 years than Warren is ever likely to. Moreover, I find it a little rich when you include a "main-event style outing to close the show" in 'The Good', when in fact you didn't stick around for the match and hence are not in aposition to say whether it was 'Good' or not. All in all your review was bang on in places, but far from the "wacky review/rant/gibberish" benchmark you are apparently striving for.

I hope you take this critiscism as constructive as I'm sure thats the reason you gave a link to your article on a public forum. :)

I would have to call that report anything but a "Cynical View" if I'm honest, you describe the decent as great (the fourway and the ROH title match), while I would object strongly to some of your points, like when you described LA Warren as "the most accomplished of the bunch" in match where Andy Boy Freakin' Simmonz was involved. He's accomplished more in the last 6 years than Warren is ever likely to. Moreover, I find it a little rich when you include a "main-event style outing to close the show" in 'The Good', when in fact you didn't stick around for the match and hence are not in aposition to say whether it was 'Good' or not. All in all your review was bang on in places, but far from the "wacky review/rant/gibberish" benchmark you are apparently striving for.

The Cynical View is just the general banner that all of my articles on PWIXTRA come under, and the tag at the end is generic. But perhaps it's time to ditch that when it comes to review and reports, because they tend to fit in when it's a wwe or tna related article.
    I included the main event in the "good", purely because i was told it was a decent, if typical main event, and if that's the case, then it fitted with what i said, i hope it didn't come off as if i was bluffing that it was a "good" match or anything, as i don't know.
    I meant "accomplished", in the "talented" sense. Probably not great wording. I'm just not a fan of Simmonz, whereas i quite like LA Warren from what i've seen.
    Anyways, thanks for reading and offering the feedback! Of course, no worries.

Irish Whip Wrestling - IwW 'TV Taping for NTL BuZZ TV', Saturday June 14, 2008, National Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland (1,100 crowd)

1 - The Ballymun Bruiser & Andy Boy Simmonz & LA Warren defeated Payday Patterson & Conor Hurley & Captain Rooney
    2 - IwW Zero Gravity championship 4-Way match: Bingo Ballance defeated Viv Viper (c) and The Metal Master and Red Vinny to win the title - TITLE CHANGE
    3 - "Human Hate Machine" Dave Moralez pinned Mad Man Manson
    4 - Andy Boy Simmonz beat Chad Collyer
    5 - ROH World Heavyweight championship: Nigel McGuinness (c) beat Vic Viper
    6 - Raven pinned Bad Bones
    7 - Chad Collyer beat Bad Bones
    8 - Dave Moralez beat Balls Mahoney
    9 - IwW International Heavyweigh championship: Mandrake (c) pinned Shawn Daivari

Credit: IwW

I question this attendence figure strongly, I admit that I not expirenced at estimating crowds but there couldnt have been more than 500 people there.

Agreed, there just wasn't 1,100 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Agreed, there just wasn't 1,100 there.

Speaking to an IWW official during the week, seating was provided for 1,700 on the day so there was considerable tracts of empty seats on the night. 1,100 is an approximate figure and would be about 60% of the seats filled.

If you say so!

• Advertisement

I tend to agree. When I arrived there seemed to be about three-four hundred people in their seats by my guess, with maybe a couple hundred more at it's peak. In fact, i would be suprised if the place was laid out to hold 1,700 at all.

But then again, i'm crap at estimating these things.

Wrestling is always inflating its attendence figures, IWW is no different I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Hey it seems lot of people dont like Iww on this thread but I was at the show last week in Tallaght & I dnt know it seemd kinda different to me.

When I walked in durin the 1rst match I couldnt get a seat on the floor I had to sit up on the bleachers, I would of definatly thought there was easy a 1,000 people there. This is d photo i took of my phone while its not full it looks real packd

The show itself was pretty good I thought. With the exception of the stupid long intermission & the fact that if I seen Dave Moralez come out 1 more time I would of screamd I enjoyd it. It was cool to see Raven live(even dough he came off a slight bit of a dick) & Balls Mahoney was ridiculously nice(same with Davarai). At the end id say half the people had left cause I believe the show went like 4hrs but least it was value for money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hey it seems lot of people dont like Iww on this thread but I was at the show last week in Tallaght & I dnt know it seemd kinda different to me.

When I walked in durin the 1rst match I couldnt get a seat on the floor I had to sit up on the bleachers, I would of thought there was easy a 1,000 people there. This is d photo i took of my phone while its definatly not full it looks real packed to me
    getattch.mail?folder=INBOX&msg_uid=1214310881&thumb=1&partsno=2

you are going to have to save that image to your hard-drive and then upload it to something like http://www.tinypic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Think I just did thanks dough

• Advertisement

Small pic, but it does look like a ton of people alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ayden316

ok no way is that 1000+. Its about 500-600. Its still a lot of ppl don't get me wrong but its not 1000+. And after the intermission, DEAR GOD.:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

You COULD add a 100 or 200 to the right of where i was that was the in bleachers but im not great @ counting people

I was there. At 7.40 I could still get a ringside seat. I don't beleive there were anymore than 500 people there. Probably only IWW's accountant will know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

just out of interest when is this on Buzz TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Scott Hall

Damn bastards I'm only finding out about this show now, Did IWW advertise at all for this?:mad: I saw Raven when he wrestled in Waterford for IWW a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nope, they kept it a secret and sent text messages to a select few an hour before bell time.

And they didnt create the thread you are currently posting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Scott Hall wrote: »
    Damn bastards I'm only finding out about this show now, Did IWW advertise at all for this?:mad: I saw Raven when he wrestled in Waterford for IWW a few years back

I saw it advertised in the STAR newspaper I think, but only saw it once and could not find the ad when I went to look for it again.

Went onto the NBA website and saw it advertised on there.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the line up for the Donnycarney show tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Anyone know the line up for the Donnycarney show tomorrow?

Balls Mahoney, Doug Basham, and the rest of the IWW roster I suppose. It's a tv taping according to a post in the Irish promotions sticky

I wonder will the taping be the same format as the last show? I'd be very interested to read a review of the event if anyone attending is willing to spare some time and effort into doing one!

Advertisement