Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Version of X-box 360 to get?

• 23-04-2008 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I recently worked my ass off to get money for a 360 prior to the release of GTAIV.
    I want an all rounder because while GTA is the game I want it for I will also be getting GRAW/GRAW2, COD and lots others.
    I will be getting XBox Live.

I want to spend as little as possible for as much as Possible. So which is the best Value for money?

Arcade or Premium or if there is another that is less than €300?

It obviously needs a hard drive and a single controller will do me for now!
    Thanks
    Gavin.

PS Sorry for bad grammar/spelling used here I am very tired.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Arcade doesn't have a hard drive, so get a premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

ShaneU wrote: »
    Arcade doesn't have a hard drive, so get a premium.

What he said.

The Arcade version is a false economy. You'll need the hard drive soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Thanks very much. Thats that sorted. Getting the Premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Keep saving, you'll soon realise that you'll need a 32" HDTV too!!
    Only had xbox 360 about 5 weeks before I HAD to get one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

very true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

but it is ok on standard def i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

yeah its OK on standard def but so much better on HD..

I got my bro a used premium system with COD4 in gamestop for e220 last week comes with a years warranty with gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

neacy69 wrote: »
    yeah its OK on standard def but so much better on HD..

I got my bro a used premium system with COD4 in gamestop for e220 last week comes with a years warranty with gamestop.

You're better off buying a new one really, would suck to get stuck with a pre-falcon core model that could go RROD at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Anyone know the best deal going right now for an elite console? I currently have a premium on extended loan from my brother and I feel he may be looking for it back come tuesday. If its true you can install GTA4 id like to get the elite to have a bit more space left after the install. I'm looking around ebay and some look good until you stick postage on top. Anyone know the latest prices in places like gamestop/xtra vision etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Oh and you dont need to spend a crapload buying a hdtv to experience HD. If you have a monitor (better yet a widescreen monitor) just buy a vga cable for 20 quid. Savage

• Advertisement
Advertisement