Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What kind of people are in the Poker Forum

• 23-04-2008 4:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I've even posted in the poker forum yet, but I have been reading bits and pieces. I'm just wondering what kinda of people are on here. The impression I get is that pretty much everyone here is fairly serious about their poker. Seem to be above average players? Or is there a mix of recreational players in here too?

I, myself, haven't played in almost a year, since I left college. And before that would only play a game every few weeks for very small stakes.

Be interested to hear your responses.

NKay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Id say the vast majority that post regularly are serious about their poker but saying that there seems to be lots of lurkers that post occassionaly. A whole range of degenrates can be found in the BB sticky though which has a life of its own and can be quite funny and nothing to do with poker more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd like to think we are a welcoming bunch. But recently people are saying that isn't the case.
    have to start staking people for the 1k Monday and 1k Tuesday from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

Methinks we could be in for another poker forum navel gazing thread. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

freaks and very wierd dudes imo

the lowest of the low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

A line from Shane Mc Gowan's famous Christmas song comes to mind....
    Now how does it go again.....................................:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Drugs are bad, nkay?

Nearly works. Welcome to the poker forum anyhoo, put your feet up and relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

your are welcome btw... up until recently I would have said that they were all decent folk but unfortunately it turns out we have a few real lowlifes :(

you will ahve a mixture of people trying to improve........ good players.......excellent players..... bad players who think they are good....... good players who think they are bad (these are rare)..... and lurkers

give it a go and find out yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Macspower wrote: »
    your are welcome btw... up until recently I would have said that they were all decent folk but unfortunately it turns out we have a few real lowlifes :(

you will ahve a mixture of people trying to improve........ good players.......excellent players..... bad players who think they are good....... good players who think they are bad (these are rare)..... and lurkers

leave lloyd alone! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote: »
    Drugs are bad, nkay?
    I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Hi I'm a capricorn whats your star sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

Big, Fat and Ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Bots mostly,very few actual people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

Mainly people like this

Does this actually look like anyone here ???

912493063_l.jpg

Mainly people like this

912493063_l.jpg

The guy in the front is definitely wearing Dvdfan's T-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Macspower wrote: »

The youth of today hey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So being someone with an interest in poker, but not someone who plays every night doesn't exclude me from here. Cool. I think I should start playing again just to get back into the swing of things and not feel completely overawed when you guys say how easy such and such a call is...

Number 1 criteria is to have a thick skin. If you are unreasonable or easily offended then be careful what you post as some poeple can be extremely forthright and crap ensues. Otherwise, give as good as you get, mkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Number 1 criteria is to have a thick skin. If you are unreasonable or easily offended then be careful what you post as some poeple can be extremely forthright and crap ensues. Otherwise, give as good as you get, mkay?

are you on a mr mackey vibe atm? vibes are bad. mmmkay

YULETIRED wrote: »
    are you on a mr mackey vibe atm? vibes are bad. mmmkay

I thought it was obvious that it was a play on OP's name?

• Advertisement

i didnt even look at the OPs name :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah sorry 5star, I get that a lot but that isn't actually where it comes from!!!

it's nkay, like N.K. . My initials. I robbed it off Jay Kay from Jamiroquai when I was looking for a screen name when I was about 12 or something!

Nice try though :)

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry 5star, I get that a lot but that isn't actually where it comes from!!!

it's nkay, like N.K. . My initials. I robbed it off Jay Kay from Jamiroquai when I was looking for a screen name when I was about 12 or something!

Nice try though :)

Oh, I was fairly sure that isn't where you got it from, but it is the first thing that struck me, especially signing your fist post as "NKay".

Anyhoooooo.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I still dont get it?. Is NKay some abbreviation/slang for drugs or something?.

I still dont get it?. Is NKay some abbreviation/slang for drugs or something?.

when you get home rounders, open this clip, all will be revealed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d5z5RUhZMc

mmmkayy....slowrolling is bad mmmmkay.
    if you slowroll you are baaaad mkaayyy, marijoanna is NOT baaaad mkaaay. I was wrong there mmmmmkay....

In Southpark there is a character called Mr Mackey whose catchphrase is 'Drugs are bad, mkay?'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

it's nkay, like N.K. . My initials. I robbed it off Jay Kay from Jamiroquai

Surely that's an insta ban? Mod?? Anyone?? Bueller??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

So being someone with an interest in poker, but not someone who plays every night doesn't exclude me from here. Cool. I think I should start playing again just to get back into the swing of things and not feel completely overawed when you guys say how easy such and such a call is...

Don't worry, most people suck in anyway

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mainly people like this

912493063_l.jpg
    the "superman" guy looks a lot like LaFortezza. Except he's black, obv.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I lurk here to try pick up tips to improve my game but I would feel a bit intimaded to post. I mostly play online and casually but am starting to play in club tournaments now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TableImage

NUT pedlers mostly....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DeVore wrote: »
    the "superman" guy looks a lot like LaFortezza. Except he's black, obv.

DeV.

The one second from the right looks like musician...:)

TableImage wrote: »
    NUT pedlers mostly....

Not everyone is as tight as you!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

seems like everyone i talked to today reads boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

seems like everyone i talked to today reads boards.

Were you talking to loads of hot single rich nymphomaniac chicks by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 pokerbunnybear

very good/serious poker players, many pros too! im fairly new to boards and have come across many poker players who know what theyre talking about..

Advertisement