Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning. Seriously boring rant.

Options
  • 23-04-2008 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

I tried being polite. It didn't work.

Ok, I shall rant here and I'd appricate your thoughts on it.

On sunday night my friend called me and asked me if i'd go out with her, as she had a rough few days at work and just wanted to let her hair down. I said, that I was supposed to be going back to college, but I would go out with her, I just wouldn't get leathered drunk.
    And thats fair enough.
    So we decided we'd go to the club/late bar as it's the only place you'll get a crowd on a sunday night here. We have one drink inside (10:30 or thereabouts) and we head out to the smoking area, where there was a few lads with guitars ect, playing.
    My friend meets her ex's friend-his name is Chris. And they are pretty much stuck to each other the entire time. Now problem no: 1 is, I don't smoke.
    So. They're flirting away, and to be honest I didn't really talk to him as I found him to be an obnoxious prat. Everything I dislike in a man.

So there were these two black guys (note: i do not mean this to be racist, but the colour is somehow related later on) and one of them grabbed my hand and said "I want to get to know you better." I snatched my hand back, as I have a boyfriend, and said "I'm going to the bathroom." When I come back, his other friend comes over and is chatting me up, he was an ok bloke to talk to, just not my type.

Chris kept sticking his beak in, being horrid, saying OH HE LIKES YOU, DON'T BE SO RUDE, JUST GO OFF WITH HIM... And this guy lookin like a lost puppy.
    I keep looking over at my friend and she and chris are pretty much doubled over with laughter.
    So eventually my friend comes over to me, and drags me off. I think we're going INSIDE at last as I was freezing, but no..only to the bar for a round.
    We come back out and these two guys are still standing there. So I leave my pint down and say that I'm going to the toilet.

So I walk thru the club on the way to bathroom and I see my brothers friend. I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me and we chat for a few minutes. I then go to the bathroom, where I get a text from her saying "Don't come out yet, we told him you were gone home." Sweet. Text like a minute later.. "its ok, he's gone."

So when I come back out, shes like OOH your so fcuked if he sees you, and chris gets in my face "oh i know you were hiding, he told me that was rude, blah blah blah".

Dude I was in the fcuking bog, it was a bonus they got rid of him but I didn't ask her to lie.
    So anyway, I see his friend and the guy I was talking to appears again, asks me did I avoid him because he was black? why did i say i was gone home?
    So I got mad then and I basically said, next time i'm going to toilet I'll ask permission.
    He apologised for "the bad things" he had said to chris. And asked me for my number, so im debating.. real one or fake...real one or fake...
    Luckily I gave him the real one and he told me to take out my phone because he was gonna ring me. So he called me and told me to save his number and hed text me the next day.
    On the way home I got 4 missed calls and a text from him.

I should also mention each time that I mentioned my boyfriend, chris called me a liar and told him I was single.

On the way down the street, I meet this really sound out guy, takes his pic with me, hugged me and asked me back to a houseparty.

We meet him again while we were waiting for a taxi and we were chatting. Chris interfered again and kept saying the guy was into me and to be with him. I was embarrased and the guy was real sweet, but his creepy friend wasnt.
    His creepy friend wouldnt get in the taxi with him and he kept trying to feel me up and kiss me. I moved my head just as he was about to kiss me and he kissed my cheek. He got pretty mad and that. I told my friend that I was getting a taxi-and wait for it...chris gave me **** b/c I was walking away from guy 3.
    Chris and Kate walked down the street and left me standing talkin to this freak that kept tryin to kiss me.
    Finally I got pissed off and I shouted at kate, I'm going now, are you coming with me or are you staying?

Meet her on monday and shes laughing and shes all like, hows the head, were you with that freak ect ect.

I dunno, I just seen a different side of her sunday night. That girl had been my best friend since 1st year.

What the hell is with guys?
    That weird guy wont stop texting me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm afraid both Chris and your friend sound incredibly immature, more so Chris, but your friend doesn't seem to be a pillar of loyalty since it sounds as though she was more concerned with being liked by Chris than what happened to you. You probably should have actually left when you went to the loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Why give your phone number to someone that you don't get along with?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

It was a bit silly to give that guy your number, you didn't have to do that.

Your mate doesn't seem to have respect for the fact you have a boyfriend
    Sounds like she doeesn't even take your relationship seriously, does she have a problem with your boyfriend?
    Tell your boyfriend what happened and have a giggle with him over it but have a talk with your mate and see what the hell was with her friend also
    You probably just should have went home , sounds like the night was no fun at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

you have crap taste in friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Fiona24

Why give out your number and keep chatting to these men if you didn't like them, why not just say straight out look i have a boyfriend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Just sounds like a really crap night. Your friend asked you out but spent the night chatting to this prat - sounds like you were just there so she did not have to walk in on her own. Just forget about it it was one of those nights. Next time your friend asks you out be sure to bring your own boyfriend or some other moral support.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lol at you giving out your number!! WTF? That was a stupid thing to do.

/Okay, that's over with, sorry, had to get it out of my system. Yep, basically, it sounds like you're right about Chris, he sounds like a total prat! Your friend also doesn't seem to get that what she did wasn't exactly nice either. That's weird :confused:.

Good rant and you've every right to post it. Don't ever give your number to people that you don't want to give it to. You should block that guys number from your phone. Also, never, ever let anyone play the race card with you! FFS! Take charge of yourself, take control. You have the power to decide who you give a number to. If it happens again, refuse, and just say that whatever that prat (Chris) says about you not having a boyfriend is a lie and that he's stirring the **** and that you don't give your number to strangers. Stand up for yourself and be proud of who you are. Don't let these people walk on you. Standing up for yourself doesn't mean getting aggressive by the way. You can do so without losing the rag and looking like an idiot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

What i dont understand is why you gave some guy your number when you have a boyfriend? What did you expect to happen, that he'd take your number but never use it? come on now...is this normal practice for you?
    you should have gone home..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What part of 'I have a boyfriend' did the guy have trouble with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the 'im drunk and a female is talkign to me' bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

jezza wrote: »
    I dunno, I just seen a different side of her sunday night. That girl had been my best friend since 1st year.
    Answered your own question?

Secondly, why did you give him your number if you didn't want him to text or call you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Yeah, I really shouldn't have given my number but I wanted them to leave me alone like. And I'm definiatly not a racist, and he pretty much thought I was.
    I told him I had a boyfriend, Chris told him I was lying.
    Bear in mind, I had never met chris before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah, your mate sounds like a total spanner, she was obviously into Chris and was acting like a fcuktard to try and suit his mood.

Does your mate often change dramatically depending on who she is going out with?

She sold you out basically, which is a low thing to do.

As for Chris, he sounds like the kind of guy who just needs to be put back in his box and that will happen when his mate finds out he's been doing his ex.

Thats a no go area with blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Dragan wrote: »
    Thats a no go area with blokes.

Well usually you're supposed to ask first, then go ahead regardless of the answer. 'Tis a strange code we men live by....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Eh so why did you give him your number? It's obvious why he wanted it so why give it when you have a boyfriend? Really makes no sense.
    As for Chris - he sounds like a complete dickhead. He tried forcing you with every guy who came along. To me I'd see that as him liking you and that's his weird way of seeing what you'll do. Your mate is a bit clueless if she was oblivious to how Chris was speaking to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

farohar wrote: »
    Well usually you're supposed to ask first, then go ahead regardless of the answer. 'Tis a strange code we men live by....

The last time that happened to me the guy asked me from, quite literally, 20 feet away.

Fair play to him, at least he knew he was playing with fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Eh so why did you give him your number? It's obvious why he wanted it so why give it when you have a boyfriend? Really makes no sense.
    As for Chris - he sounds like a complete dickhead. He tried forcing you with every guy who came along. To me I'd see that as him liking you and that's his weird way of seeing what you'll do. Your mate is a bit clueless if she was oblivious to how Chris was speaking to you.

? I don't understand - now Chris fancies her?

(and if he does, don't!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

UB wrote: »
    ? I don't understand - now Chris fancies her?

(and if he does, don't!)

Ye, I've seen this behaviour from women so I assume it works the other way too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Yeah, I really shouldn't have given my number but I wanted them to leave me alone
    lol?

what does your bf think of you giving your number to random fellas in clubs? i wouldnt be too impressed.
    I'm definiatly not a racist and he pretty much thought I was.
    race has nothing to do with it. The lad who was chatting you up was an idiot who was playing the race card to try and guilt you into a shag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dragan wrote: »
    The last time that happened to me the guy asked me from, quite literally, 20 feet away.

Fair play to him, at least he knew he was playing with fire.

20 feet? Jaysus, 30 feet is the length of a bus...I'd have trouble hearing someone asking me a question from 20 feet, not unless they were yelling at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Has your friend ever done anything like that before, was she trying to impress that prat Chris? Sounds very immature to me the whole thing tbh. I know you didn't want to hurt the black guys feelings but you shouldn't have given him your number.

If it was me I would have left your mate with Chris and gone home, not my idea of a good night out:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

yea, what everyone else said above....

But the important questions is.....did you nail the stranger who you met on the street and who brought you back to his houseparty? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You done your friend a favour by going out with her in the first place, so she was bang out of order leaving your side in the first place. When there are two of you, above all for safety reasons you stay nearby each other.

Secondly all of the friends are quite immature. Now you dont sound far off their age group, but perhaps not as silly.

That said, NEVER give your number to anyone you dont want to give it to. Ever. There is only one of two things that will work regarding the texts and calls.

a) text him and tell him sorry, you are not interested. and if that doesnt work you could tell him you will leave your phone with the gardai and they can sort him out.

b) Change your number.

Id do the latter, and I'd have to think twice whether Id give out the new one to those 'friends' you mentioned.

If anyone is forcing their company on you or your group, speak out. Tell them to get lost (in a nice way of course, as you dont want trouble either).

Being passive in life doesnt get you far in life, and it can get you into all sorts of bother when you are out.

Chalk that night up as a learned lesson OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The thing that struck me as I was meandering my way through the OP was 'This girl has the patience of a saint'

If i'm on a night out and I start getting **** like that i'd walk away from the tool bags, friends or not

And as for standing outside being cold [I don't smoke either] well that wouldn't happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

The entire situation is ridiculous... Why did you stay out with your friend when she (and her lover boy) was treating you like a muppet... At this point you should have headed off home and left her to it...

Then why did you compound the misery of the night by giving some stranger your phone number... In the words of Nancy Reagan - 'Just Say No'.

I would be having a serious chat with my 'friend' after her behaviour... Not trying to be mean but grow a spine and stand up for yourself and that means saying no to people and not staying in miserable situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I agree with Sarah on this. I wouldn't put up with that crap from my friends, nor would I treat them like that. That's shocking behaviour, but really (I know, hindsight, 20-20, blah blah blah) you should have left a lot earlier if that was how you were being treated. It's not an easy choice to make, that's obvious. But really, if the choice is between upsetting someone who treats you like crap by giving her a reality check and by doing so saving yourself from having to deal with said crap, or alternatively taking her nonsense and having a miserable time that warrants a rant here and has you questioning her friendship anyway, then is there even a choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Femmy wrote: »
    What i dont understand is why you gave some guy your number when you have a boyfriend? What did you expect to happen, that he'd take your number but never use it? come on now...is this normal practice for you?
    you should have gone home..

I agree.

Next time stay home and do your homework. If you have a boyfriend, DONT go hanging around clubs with single girlfriends, especially ones who don't seem to care about you.

I agree with the giving out phone numbers. Why?

I better shut up now.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ozchick wrote: »
    If you have a boyfriend, DONT go hanging around clubs with single girlfriends

Eh, what? I agree that Jezza shouldn't have given this guy her number and that she, quite frankly, could have handled the whole situation a lot better than she did...but I have to call you up on that statement.

If you have a boyfriend you shouldn't go out to clubs with single friends?! Why the hell not? That's a load of shít tbh.

Jezza, I'd be having a good long think about who my friends are if I were in your position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement