Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbmc with composite cable problem.

Options
  • 23-04-2008 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

I am having problem setting up xbmc to work with composite cable. There is a bright green hue over the screen when I boot into xbmc. If I boot directly to a game the picture is perfect.I am having the same problem with two cables one being a monster cable.

AM I missing some setting or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you mean component cable (HD) or the composite (standard in box) cable?
    If its the component, make sure you don't have the red audio & red video cable mixed up.
    I did this the first time I tried out mine and green was off in MS Dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Maybe check the settings in xbmc to see that it's set to PAL and not NTSC or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Sorry yes I mean component, I will doublecheck the connections.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I have re checked the cables and they are fine but I still have the same problem ie the picture is green.

I have ran enigmah and changed from pal to ntsc then I changed the setting in xbmc to run at 720. I have booted to the unleashx dashboard and changed to ntsc as well. The picture in the unleashx dash is perfect, ie the green dissappears.

Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Try resetting XBMC settings to default or re-installing it then.
    To reset I think you hold down both thumbsticks when booting up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement