Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commerical TAX

Options
  • 23-04-2008 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all, I dont know if this is true, but ive heard if you have a commerical van i.e (I have a peugeot 307 car van) if you dont have a VAT number your van will be taxed according to engine size??:mad: Heard this is happening on 1st of june/july.. anyone heard anything about this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'd say it's complete BS. There would be uproar from small-businesses and self-employed around the country. Sure aren't most of the courier fleets self-employed contractors these days. There would be bedlam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rels

ballooba wrote: »
    I'd say it's complete BS. There would be uproar from small-businesses and self-employed around the country. Sure aren't most of the courier fleets self-employed contractors these days. There would be bedlam.

Was thinking that but small-business and self-employed people would have to have a VAT number so it wouldn't affect them anyway.. like hands up i use my van for my own private use i dont have a business, but i do insure it commerical and tax it commerical. ie because of the cheaper tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That would be desdcrimitory against thousands of small businesses and sole traders that are not registered for VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Rels wrote: »
    Was thinking that but small-business and self-employed people would have to have a VAT number so it wouldn't affect them anyway.. like hands up i use my van for my own private use i dont have a business, but i do insure it commerical and tax it commerical. ie because of the cheaper tax.
    They don't have to have a VAT number. Only businesses with a turnover over a certain threshold have to have a VAT number.

Advertisement