Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

More new NIN

• 23-04-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

There's a new NIN song for free download: http://discipline.nin.com

The comment in the MP3 says "Go to www.nin.com May 5"
    New album?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Nice spot. I've only listened twice, but I like the track. The guy's becoming very prolific all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

On Monday, he posted a message on nin.com saying "2 weeks". The last time he did that, it was 2 weeks before the Ghosts I-IV release.

I'd say Discipline is the first single off a new album, out May 5th!

EDIT: Although the artwork for Discipline suggests it'll be a 5-track EP: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3366/73015206ri5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Really enjoying the new stuff. Great to see a flurry of activity from NIN. This track is great, really looking forward to whatever hits www.nin.com on the 5th of May and they so better come back here on the next tour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Great track, Reznor's being very generous and a total workhorse lately!

Let's hope for an Irish date on this tour he talks of, he promised last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

very catchy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

A step up. Fingers crossed for a new album/EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really liking this track! Be a great opener for a gig alright.

As for May 5th, can see it being a new EP/album alright, but wold love some European tour dates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I like it. I'd be very surprised to see a new album so soon after Ghosts I-IV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Downloaded.

Sweet.

Only just got Ghosts in the post from the previous release from NIN.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Is Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D worth buying?I think I will though.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

eroo wrote: »
    Is Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D worth buying?I think I will though.. :)

God no. (IMO).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Its an ok album, some great Remixes on it, the best being Modwheelmoods mix of The Great Destroyer. But its not as good as Year Zero itself.

Another new NIN track: "Echoplex".

This one was released on Facebook: http://www.ilike.com/artist/Nine+Inch+Nails (link to free MP3 there)

Surely a new album / EP on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

I cant wait for tomorrow. Echoplex is quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

totally free new album! \o/

Available to download from www.nin.com (and great speeds too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

new album? After a double album and an album last year??? The guys a machine

Fantastic stuff! Completely free.

They've really sorted out their servers compared with the Ghosts release too, no download problems here, very good speeds too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Wow I'm delighted! It's refreshing to have someone like Reznor who seems to truely value his fans. Though I'd gladly pay for the new album if it was released normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Its great, I'll definitely buy the physical version when it turns up too. The artwork is very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i quite like it, not as much as Ghosts though, dont like ''1000000' at all.

i feel Trent is really going about things the right way now, hope he keeps this up

(i got my cd of ghosts last week too!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

has trent discovered a new way to make money? giving the music away free must mean he's touring to make some cashola, surely?

i know a physical release is due but surely that'll only cover a small portion of costs because of the amount of people who wont buy it due to the free release.

either way, great tracks here. definitely not a cheap, hammy album that feels like it was meant to be free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

has trent discovered a new way to make money? giving the music away free must mean he's touring to make some cashola, surely?

i know a physical release is due but surely that'll only cover a small portion of costs because of the amount of people who wont buy it due to the free release.

either way, great tracks here. definitely not a cheap, hammy album that feels like it was meant to be free.

Well with Ghosts he made $750,000 from the ultra-deluxe editions alone (although it's hard to tell how much of that was pure profit).

I'd say he made a fair whack from Ghosts, either way.

The business model here is harder to see, but maybe that's looking at it in too cynical a fashion - maybe it is just a gift to thank his fans (of course the happier he keeps them the more loyal they will be, which is good for him either way).

I'd imagine he'll do a lot of touring in the coming years as this is a huge money spinner for most well-established acts... even if he never released an album again he'd still have a fan base willing to pay top dollar to see him live (and to see the show he puts on).

What I'm curious about is how this fits into the whole Year Zero thing - it's definitely connected but I'm wondering if it's part 2 (which would be odd as there was no ARG campaign before hand like part 1), is this a bridge between Pt. 1 and 2 or is this actually the start of the ARG campaign for part 2? Someone found a site (lightsinthesky.com) that seems to be iffy - could be part of the fun!

edit: by the way, The Slip is pretty damn good - some cracking tracks on it and it's an amazing thing to see it given away for free.

Advertisement