Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import 07 VW Passat now or wait

Options
  • 23-04-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to import a 07 1.9tdi 105bhp vw passat.

Will I do it now or wait a few months?

Not too sure, also what way will road tax work? How much will it cost per year if I import now, and how much if I wait till july.

I have read the stickes and still cannot work it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Your options boil down to:
    Import it now and pay VRT and Road Tax on the cc based system.
    Import it after July and pay VRT & Road Tax based on Emissions.

AFAIK, wait till after July.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

After 1st July the VRT rate will become based on CO2 emmissions. Diesels will benefit the most.

Motor tax will still be based on engine capacity unless the car was first registered in 2008 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Your options boil down to:
    Import it now and pay VRT and Road Tax on the cc based system.
    Import it after July and pay VRT & Road Tax based on Emissions.

AFAIK, wait till after July.
    Wrong, as bazz has pointed out, your VRT will be emissions based while your tax will be cc based.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

wait til july cause your vrt will be down to 20% of omsp compared to 25% now. Tax will not change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

You'd be better off waiting until the changes in July and then go for the decent engine 2.0TDI.I've been looking myself and would be interested in the sportline model.It's very well kitted out

• Advertisement
Advertisement