Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP - My Cycling sunglasses

Options
  • 23-04-2008 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

... RIP my cycling sunglasses ... they got run over by a car yesterday in Castlenock ... after they fell off my jersey ... my mistake not to have attached them to my helmet ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

My Cateye speedo fell off and got run over by a Garda jeep - can't remember the model but it was a wired speed-only jobbie, the mounting wasn't as relaible as other cateyes i've owned. Ah well - just the excuse to get a new wireless with cadence model - maybe push the boat out and get a HRM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

...ah yeah you know, there's always an occasion to go shopping when you're a girl anyway ... ;)

I felt so helpless when I saw my shades under, 1 car .... 1 other car ... and another and another ... Murderers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dropped my phone once, watched 2 or 3 cars drive over it.. still worked afterwards but I did lose the back cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I felt so helpless when I saw my shades under, 1 car .... 1 other car ... and another and another ... Murderers!!

I know that feeling same thing happened to me crossing the road on pearse street and had my sunglasses hanging on my shirt went to get them and they were gone looked on the road and a car just destroyed the in front of me it one of the only times ive cried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

What type of shades were they ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Went over a large bump at speed watched as my Garmin Edge 305 flew off its mounting and land behind me and get royally crushed by a van then a car,laughed then felt like crying,then the self recriminations began,then just kept going,pain the swiss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

What type of shades were they ?
    They were nice looking Boots Shades :) the only one that looked OK on me ... 40 quid at the time 3 years ago. No real cycling shades, but my 'shades for cycling'... They will be sadly missed ... until I hit the store again this afternoon to get me a new pair of ( I hope) the same ones. I have a pairs of bumble bee looking yellow ones, but the kids on my street were laughing at me even more ... I stopped wearing them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

My Cateye speedo fell off and got run over by a Garda jeep - can't remember the model but it was a wired speed-only jobbie, the mounting wasn't as relaible as other cateyes i've owned. Ah well - just the excuse to get a new wireless with cadence model - maybe push the boat out and get a HRM

I have one of them on my winter bike you got to make sure its clicked in.mine fell off before and a truck ran over it but never hit it.

also my phone fell out of my pocket and the battery,sim card and case fell all over the road and 2 cars drove over it but never hit them

Advertisement