Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destination Folder Access Denied

• 23-04-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to rename a folder on my desktop.

When I try to rename it I get an error - Destination Folder Access Denied - You Need Permission to Perform This Action.

I'm running Vista Ultimate. It's a stand alone laptop - not on a network. I've gone through the permissions of the folder and I have full admin rights on the folder etc etc :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

restart there's probably a file still open which is locking the folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the restart doesn't do the trick, there's a program called WhoLockMe that will tell you what process is locking any folder/file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Reboot did the tricks lads...cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

This is a problem I've been having in Vista since day one, and it drives me insane!! It appears to occur completely randomly which makes me think it's a flaw in Vista. It very often happens even when there are no programs open and I'm simply trying to move a file from one folder to another, or if I'm trying to rename or delete something. Vista then puts your through one of its now infamous long-winded questionnaire-like list of pop-up question-boxes before eventually being told again "You do not have access." Funny that, being the administrator and everything.

If anyone finds a solution to this ongoing seemingly random issue please spread the good news!!

Advertisement