Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Clearance

• 23-04-2008 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Could someone please let me know me what sort of information/how much information is on a Garda Clearance form?

I committed a minor offence a few months ago (it was a first offence and I've put it completely behind me now) and the gardaí were involved although I was never charged (I wasn't asked to sign a statement/wasn't officially cautioned, etc.)
    However, the gardaí warned me that they would keep my name and if I ever got in trouble again they could bring this up.
    Does this mean that details of the offence would be on the Garda Clearance Form my new employer has requested? (I have since landed my dream job and don't want one moment of madness from the past to ruin it) :(

Could my new employer decide not to employ me if the datails are on the Garda Clearance form, even though I was never charged/convicted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Planxty

jesus christ, relax.. You're not going to lose your dream job. The details won't be on the form, and if they are, yes of course your employer could decide not to employ you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement