Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New library rules...

Options
  • 23-04-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Seen on a sign near the info desk in the JJ library:

"Please have card ready for inspection.

In the interests of hygiene, please do not place card in mouth."

:D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd say it's pretty icky for a librarian to have to handle a card you've licked or chewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Librocop eats student cards for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

There's been a sign which says that for over 3 years by the issue desk in the library. Perhaps they just angled it differently in recent days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Never seen such a sign, but oddly enough, something I have a bad habit of doing constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Brilliant!

Though it still doesn't beat the sign above the urinals in the Conway Institute a while ago:

"Urine Needed.
    For experiments.
    Please give generously."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've seen that sign before. It's not a new rule.
    Quite a number of places have signs about not outting things in your mouth. The Screen cinema oes for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

It's very perculiar how ucd library chooses to advertise itself to students, staff and external users in general. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think the library are doing a good job recently. Openly advertising themselves and these superfines with a bit of student humor (the superman logos). I like it when everyone mildy takes the piss out of eachother and themselves. Also Librocops appearance in the tribune, the library is changing man .... it used to be uncool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Grimes wrote: »
    I think the library are doing a good job recently. Openly advertising themselves and these superfines with a bit of student humor (the superman logos). I like it when everyone mildy takes the piss out of eachother and themselves. Also Librocops appearance in the tribune, the library is changing man .... it used to be uncool.

yeha all the kids are going there, the real craic is after 10pm - but you didnt hear it from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Grimes wrote: »

Maybe I need to "lighten up" a bit. But I don't see the main library in Trinity college putting up superman posters and telling students, lecturers, researchers etc, to stop putting things in their mouths ...oh stop misbehaving you silly children or it'll be off to bed without any super fines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Trinity students probably dont act like little children putting things in the mouths and munhcing on their student cards also I doubt the "please dont eat your student cards and then hand them too a staff member is aimed at lecturers and researchers. But you never know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

A bit off topic but one of Trinity's girls' bathrooms (in a lecture building, not halls) has a sign asking people not to wash their hair in the sinks as it clogs the drains. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Red Alert wrote: »
    I'd say it's pretty icky for a librarian to have to handle a card you've licked or chewed.

I think they should be bloody grateful for the opportunity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

t_ucd wrote: »
    A bit off topic but one of Trinity's girls' bathrooms (in a lecture building, not halls) has a sign asking people not to wash their hair in the sinks as it clogs the drains. :confused:

You get things like that, they're used be one in the ET toilets asking people to not wash there feet in the sinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

On the question of library rules, are they not enforcing that rule from christmas of taking people's stuff that has just been left there for a day to gurantee a plug? I've been looking at one laptop in the main business/law area for the last two days and not seen anyone on it - it even has that really annoying "coloured pipes scrensaver"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

ShaneU wrote: »
    Librocop eats student cards for breakfast.

no your mistaken... Librocop eats students for breakfast

Advertisement