Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos & DVD Unit

Options
  • 23-04-2008 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a dvd shelf from Argos on Monday, when I was building it a shelf started to split as i was screwing in a screw (I know what i'm doing btw!) then another one did the same, so at this point I said feck it and packed it up to take back and exchange for another one or something else, only to be told they can't offer an exchange or refund as it's been assembled! wtf? surely that's not right as the product i bought wasn't up to scratch? is there anything I can do? it cost €60 which isn't loads but that's not really the point. Any advice appreciated guys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I've brought stuff back to them before that was assembled (but then disassembled) for the exact same reason.

It shouldn't be an issue as they just buy "cartons", they don't assemble the stuff and have no idea if it could be faulty or not. Are you sure you used the correct size screw in the item (assuming there was a pack with several sizes) as the pilot holes are specific sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hiya, yeah i'm 100% sure I used everything in the right place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I rang up and complained and left a request for the manager to call me back. A guy from Argos rang me there to apologise and offer an exchange/refund after all that nonsense. Justice! cheers for advice buddy :)

Advertisement