Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just beggining............

• 23-04-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Heya guys,
    I would eally like to become a dj but i have no idea about how to go doing this.
    I was looking at a dj taining course in the dublin media center, has anyone done this or heard if it was any good. Or how would be the best way to start??
    any help would be appreciated Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't hold the training courses in high regard, although I know people that have done them / run them...

You absolutely need to have you own equipment to use at home. What you need depends on what you want to play and how you want to play it. A generic brand all-in-one is fine for playing commercial/pop in a pub but if you want to play 'serious' dance you'll need either high end software (+computers+audio interfaces) or CD and/or vinyl decks; and a mixer - basically the best you can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I always thought the best way to learn was to do it yourself. I actually taught myself by reading the tutorials in IDJ magazine as I didnt know anyone else who had turntables at the time. There are plenty of tutorials out there online to get you started.

Words to the wise. Djing is a VERY expensive hobby. One that nearly crippled me in college. I had to give it up for 3 years and am only getting back into it now. Decide how serious you are about it and invest accordingly. If your only DJing in your bedroom you dont need to buy 20 records a week (I wish someone told me that when I started).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I always thought the best way to learn was to do it yourself. I actually taught myself by reading the tutorials in IDJ magazine as I didnt know anyone else who had turntables at the time. There are plenty of tutorials out there online to get you started.

Words to the wise. Djing is a VERY expensive hobby. One that nearly crippled me in college. I had to give it up for 3 years and am only getting back into it now. Decide how serious you are about it and invest accordingly. If your only DJing in your bedroom you dont need to buy 20 records a week (I wish someone told me that when I started).

No way buddy. You have them now forever and i'm sure it was worth your hard earned cash. I spend a good few bob on records since i found discogs even though i'm a bedroom d.j and am by no means minted but it's for the love of the music and the enjoyment of mixing that keeps me going back for more. About 7/8 years ago i sold some records cause i was skint and regretted it big time. Thankfully with discogs i got my hands on them again. My records are coming to the grave with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

pm Johnny :D

Advertisement