Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK SIM Divert query

• 23-04-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice please.

Travel a lot between the UK and Ireland, but am mostly based in Ireland.

Am looking to get a UK SIM so that people I deal with in the UK can call me on that number...

But want to divert those calls to my Irish mobile, so that I only have one phone to be carrying around with me.

Does anyone know if any of the UK Mobile companies allow you to divert to an international number on Pay As You Go? I've looked on the various websites, but trying to find out info like this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

I got a T-Mobile PAYG, but that only allows you to divert to voicemail and not any other number.

I know that getting calls diverted will cost me money per call, but it's something i need to get sorted.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op 02 UK should let you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Thanks - is that on Pay As You Go do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mick_irl wrote: »

Why not just get a YAC number, divert it to your irish number and hand that out to British contacts?

I have an O2 UK SIM on PAYG "Your Country". Even though I have 200 international minutes per month even that will not let me divert to an Irish mobile. So no dice.

Irish O2 contract SIMs will ONLY let you divert to UK and Norway.

Whats a YAC number?

• Advertisement

Whats a YAC number?

See yac.com
    I can divert it to any mobile number I like.

Thanks Culabula - will check it out!

Set up a YAC number last night. Very easy process. Tested it a few times and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the tip Culabula

Set up a YAC number last night. Very easy process. Tested it a few times and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the tip Culabula

Excellent -mine works impeccably and can be diverted to any number at will -so I never pay any roaming charges.

Check out the O2 UK "Your Country" SIM if you are in the UK a lot and need to phone internationally for free -a great bargain. 30GBP credit gets you 200 FREE international minutes a month, then convert 10GBP of that into the MY EUROPE bolt-on and receive all incoming calls in ireland or elsewhere in Europe free of charge.

Advertisement