Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechbox Upgrade Issue

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey Gang, I just finished upgrading my JG type 3 gear box using guarder parts. Now I'm almost 100% sure I have it set up exactly as it was plus I used the Mechbox tutorial as reference too.

I have the whole thing assembled and I hooked up the motor and battery now the gearbox will fire twice before the whole thing jams up and the trigger locks in place.
    I opened it back up checked everything closed it and got the same result.

Anyone had this trouble before and can show me the error of my ways lol? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I had a similar problem before with an mp5 where the piston was getting jammed, is it correctly aligned on the rails in the gearbox? sometimes it can move when your putting the gearbox back together. I assume you've greased everything appropriately aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

kdouglas wrote: »
    I had a similar problem before with an mp5 where the piston was getting jammed, is it correctly aligned on the rails in the gearbox?

Realligned the piston, seems it was the cause of the trouble
    Cheers mate!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hey_Dude

Try checking it again. Look at the following:
    1) anti-reversal latch if it has spring on it.
    2) trigger spring, and while the mechbox is open you test the trigger if it is going back to its initial state if the spring was installed properly.
    3) check the alignment of the Piston with the mechbox
    4) bore cylinder is on its correct position.
    5) check the gears if it is still have complete teeth. gears usually break anti reversal is not properly installed.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement