Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Tv

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of Cycling Tv,the subscription packages look good,i subscribed to the "Gold" one and have had nothing but grief,why?,because i'm a Mac user.Anyone any similar problems,any advice?,their tech support are as much use as..... a greyhound with no legs,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I subscribed 2 years ago when they started, was good at the time, but I never ended up watching it much at all ... Dave 'Zzzz' was funny though ... Bttter than Eurosport buit sometimes you can't see some even because they don;t have the rights to them and they're available only to the US clients.

I like to use France 2 for the Tour de France and Rai television for the Tour of Italy. Their website have live coverage available too on their websites.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I subscribe. They show all the races that Eurosport don't, which usually works very well, except in the case of Paris Roubaix, where Eurosport only showed the last half hour or so of the race. On the whole I'm happy enough with it. Picture quality is high enough that it allows me to plug my laptop into the TV. The fact that they show 'as live' races on demand is great. Means you can watch a day's racing later on that night after work. Live races can sometimes be a bit dodgy, especially if you're trying to log on well into the race. Occasionally the stream is lost and it stops for a few seconds to buffer. I've yet to miss any crucial action though. Commentary is only so-so, better than David Duffield, but worse than Harmon and Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

el tonto wrote: »
    ...better than David Duffield...

:mad: take. that. back. :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »

You're kidding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

niceonetom wrote: »

lol!

the only man on telly who tells you to go make a cup of tea while he eats his sandwich and say's he'll give you a yell if anything happens! priceless...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Bunnygreen, same here. I subscribed a couple of weeks ago. Also a Mac user and nothing but trouble. Actually, nothing at all. Asked for my money back / refund. Nowt! Cancelled my Pay Pal sub.
    Basturds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I don't know if this is just me, but I'm a mac user too, and found something very interesting...

If I dropped into windows xp (I use VM Ware for this, as I still need to test stuff on IE :( ), and used IE to go to cycling tv, I could watch the programme that was free for the yanks -may be worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

You're kidding?

niceonetom is right here.....take it back......

David Duffield is probalby the most incompetent buffoon working in television. He's pathologically incapable of identifying riders or even entire teams. His commentary on the last Tirreno Adriatico is a case in point. I think it was the first stage he told us another Rabobank rider had won and didn't realise it was Oscar Freire until the results came up on screen, well after multiple replays. He was also telling us McEwen never contested the sprint because he'd confused him with Rojas, who rides for an entirely differnt team.

Other highlights from that race included telling us Gilberto Simoni had crashed, when he wasn't even in the race; giving out about Saunier Duval chasing a break because one of their men was in it (he'd confused their strip with Tinkoff); making up entirely new teams (Milremo); and saying they had one more of ascent of the Castelfidardo to go when in reality they were on the final stretch.

Whatever they're paying him, it's too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

David Duffield is probalby the most incompetent buffoon working in television. He's pathological incapable of identifying riders or even entire teams. His commentary on the last Tirreno Adriatico is a case in point. I think it was the first stage he told us another Rabobank rider had won and didn't realise it was Oscar Freire until the results came up on screen, well after multiple replays. He was also tellin us McEwen never contested the sprint because he'd confused him with Rojas, who rides for an entirely differnt team.

Other highlights from that race included telling us Gilberto Simoni had crashed, when he wasn't even in the race; giving out about Saunier Duval chasing a break because on of their men was in it (he'd confused their strip with Tinkoff); making up entirely new teams (Milremo); and saying they had one more of ascent of the Castelfidardo to go when in reality they were on the final stretch.

Whatever they're paying him, it's too much.

He does know his cheese though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Robin1982 wrote: »
    He does know his cheese though.

and his beers and wine :)

Advertisement