Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs in Blanch

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Do you think there is an increase in the drugs available since the 90s in the blanchardstown area and if so does this relate to antisocial behaviour,i presonnally feel safe walking around at any time and dont see much evidence of drug use except the odd group of teens smoking a spliff which i dont really care about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think there is a big increase or maybe thear are just more people dealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

There's a serious increase tbh, places like Whitestown, Sheepmore and Fortlawn are awash with it and it's even starting to become a serious problem in the more posh areas like Hartstown. Cocaine is so easly obtained now that it's easier to find than hash and I've seen the peer pressure to be part of that culture is massive, alot of otherwise good kids get sucked in just to fit in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kazobel wrote: »
    There's a serious increase tbh, places like Whitestown, Sheepmore and Fortlawn are awash with it and it's even starting to become a serious problem in the more posh areas like Hartstown. Cocaine is so easly obtained now that it's easier to find than hash and I've seen the peer pressure to be part of that culture is massive, alot of otherwise good kids get sucked in just to fit in :(

Really despite not living out here any more you think that is the case ?

I have to say I disagree and I live in one of the aforementioned estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Tbh every area is affected by it, but it's only certain parts of each area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Really despite not living out here any more you think that is the case ?

I have to say I disagree and I live in one of the aforementioned estates.

I lived in one too and, as much as I hate it, am also related to a dealer and I know exactly how much is made on the average week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

Im 18, live near Blanch and while Im not into drugs myself it seems to be the norm to see class A stuff like coke and E at nearly every house party. Nobody frowns on it anymore and teenagers dont seem to realise how stupid it is. Its cheaper too, a fiver for an ecstacy tablet wud be average, and people go buying 5 and 6 of them for a nite! The same can be seen in Heaven and a lot of clubs in town even have the blacklights in the bathrooms so people cant see their veins for injecting heroin.

Sad state of affairs altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, they should stick to the good taxable drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I live up in Mulhuddart and there is a fair amount of drug dealing going on around there.

I was out washing my car a few weeks back and a deal went down not 2 feet from where I was. While waiting for the bus into work I have seen a few people drop their kids off at the walkway to the school (near the bus stop) and then they wait in their car and a guy will come over from the neighbouring estate and a deal is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

The problem is still there in Blanch (I am only returning to the area) as it was many years ago. Of course nowadays you have a whole load of Drugs services and little projects all over the place. At least people are more willing to admit there is a problem, unlike yrs ago when the TDs would deny anything was going on.

Advertisement