Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#4: We Talk To DeV!!!

• 23-04-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

For Podcast #4, we're delighted to welcome DeVore to the studio as our very special guest. We're gonna devote the whole show to DeV, so we need questions.

Has DeV ever noticed you? What does he think of the Thunderdome? Feedback? Is there a Mod conspiracy?

Get your questions in now! You can either post on this thread, or mail your questions to podcasts@bmail.ie

We will pick the best ones and also mention you in the podcast (if your question is selected)

Good luck to all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"How long/day do you spend on boards?"

"What's your favourite forum?"

"Why did you pick that username?"

"Do you know where Maddie is?"

"Who's your favourite poster?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Question the first: Who are you, Mystery Guest?

Question the second: What do you really think of the following (honest answers please)?
    1) Boardscasts and the people behind them.
    2) Lolcats in feedback.
    3) Sex and Sexuality forum (ooooooohhhhh...).
    4) And lastly, me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"If you were an admin for the day (presuming they already aren't) what changes would you make to the site and why?"

"Who really, really grinds your gears and why?"

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how hot is YORE MA?"

"What is the point of the Mustard forum?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If its Lizardfudge then I will be dissappointed ..... you have been warned.

Sabotage wrote: »

I'd imagine monkeyfudge would've started the thread if it was.

And he's hardly a 'mystery' guest as it was already suggested that he would participate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

What are you gonna do Sabotage? Pull a savage rabbit out of your hat and set iton us? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

a/s/l

That's all I need. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sabotage wrote: »

How about Nitefox then...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Get questions flowing people!

• Advertisement

DeV? great!

In addition to my questions above:

Who would win in a fight between a shark and a pycost?

What's the best thing about boards?
    What's the worst thing about boards?
    If you had unlimited funds and twelve more Cults to do your bidding, what would you like to see implemented to make boards a better place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Now that we know;

Do you think boards will ever have a drugs forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is boards a burden or a bounty?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

of course you have never actually made any money directly from boards.ie. But how has your position in boards helped you to succeed in your other businesses? (e.g. making useful contacts, free advertising, etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If a horse and a dolphin were to have a race. The dolphin in a canal and the horse running along a grass verge beside the canal over a distance of 1 Kilometer and assuming that both have ideal conditions with no obstructions. Who would win from a standing start ?

Also, when is the Zombie Survival forum being implemented ?

Why dont you have a beard anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

RoundTower wrote: »
    of course you have never actually made any money directly from boards.ie. But how has your position in boards helped you to succeed in your other businesses? (e.g. making useful contacts, free advertising, etc)

I think DeV dealt with this in the well thread. I don't like you asking questions with a hidden agenda - that's not what this is about. I also don't like the "honestly" crack.

Does he think the TV sections on Boards.ie are damaging the potential success of Boards.tv?

Who is his favourite non-mod poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

How many nuns could a nunchuck chuck if a nunchuck could nunchuck nuns?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You mean DeV's real? :eek:

In that case if he had to choose only one which would it be, coke or hookers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

tbh wrote: »
    I think DeV dealt with this in the well thread. I don't like you asking questions with a hidden agenda - that's not what this is about. I also don't like the "honestly" crack.

disclaimer: I don't have a hidden agenda, I am genuinely interested in the answer, and he didn't answer it in the "well" thread so that is why I am asking it here. If he doesn't want to answer the question, he can refuse to answer it or make sure it isn't asked.

edit: it's true that Dev has a problem with me so he might be more willing to answer the question on the podcast than when it came directly from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DeV..

In your own opinion, what is it about Boards.ie that keeps it heads and shoulders (and Pantene Pro-V) above it's competitors (P45.net etc.)?

Are you happy with the general structure of Boards.ie? (e.g do you think there are too many forums / too little forums?).

Do you think there's a occassional problem with cliques on Boards? Every forum has a certain regular posters and can make blending it difficult.

* these are not my opinions people.. just things people I know have commented on about Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What is your prefered D&D char class ?

Which are you more proud of Gealcon or Boards.ie ?

Which are you more addicted to WOW or poker ?

Will we ever be able to buy shares in Boards.ie ?
    Wilburt wrote: »
    Has DeV ever noticed you?

Yup I do believe the reaction was " ****, Thaeds a girl ?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

RoundTower wrote: »
    disclaimer: I don't have a hidden agenda, I am genuinely interested in the answer, and he didn't answer it in the "well" thread so that is why I am asking it here. If he doesn't want to answer the question, he can refuse to answer it or make sure it isn't asked.

edit: it's true that Dev has a problem with me so he might be more willing to answer the question on the podcast than when it came directly from me.

In other words, you were willing to put me and the lads in a potentially awkward and embarrassing position in front of someone who's doing us a favour.

Anyway, end of discussion, question noted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Who is your favourite mod, and why?

Have you ever visited Tramore? If not, when will you? If so, when will you come back again? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

- Would you (and the other owners) ever consider selling boards.ie, and if so at what price?

- Do you feel that boards.ie's success has been largely down to organic growth and letting things run their natural course, or has there been a carefully crafted "grand master plan" that has led boards to where it is today?

- Boards.ie is massive, in the context of Irish websites anyway, but its still a "cult" thing to an extent (if you know what I mean). Would you like to see boards grow to achieve "mainstream" popularity and visibility, or do you think this growth is already happening? How would boards.ie change if it were to become a household name?

- Have you ever taken sexual favours in exchange for making someone a mod/smod/undoing a banning/creating a forum etc? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I still have my free massage voucher, when can I get my massage?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bring the hard questions, I don't have a problem with them and i think it would make it a better podcast. Panarama is a more interesting program then Richard & Judy.

You could have 6th play devil's advocate... god knows he did that for years on Feedback.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    You could have Sabotage play devil's advocate... god knows he did that for years on Feedback.

Fixed it for you.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    You could have 6th play devil's advocate... god knows he did that for years on Feedback.

DeV.

I like to think I did it well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement