Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#4: We Talk To DeV!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

DeVore wrote: »
    Bring the hard questions, I don't have a problem with them and i think it would make it a better podcast. Panarama is a more interesting program then Richard & Judy.

Would it be right to assume any mention of certain legal cases are out of the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

WindSock wrote: »
    Would it be right to assume any mention of certain legal cases are out of the question?
    I think it'd be great (if possible) if he could provide us with a brief update as to what's been going on/what's happening currently/what is likely to happen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

WindSock wrote:
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I think it'd be great (if possible) if he could provide us with a brief update as to what's been going on/what's happening currently/what is likely to happen etc.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I can just hear Willburt now: "I'm a patient man, Devore, and I've asked the question three times already" :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lol!

I'll say what I can about the case but it wont be much....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm pretty sure you would have a heart attack if I asked anything like that tbh :p

To be honest I've not really thought of any questions to ask DeVore. Taking it in my stride (as per usual ;) )

Probably take a few questions from here. Oh probably ask him about CuLt.
    Was in college with him so see if he is still a big slacker etc. :)
    Future plans for boards, maybe a bit of background about himself too because I've no clue about the man at all apart from starting this up with a few mates.
    Probably test him on his probability skills since he plays poker a lot it seems. Like real bastid questions that I had to do in 2nd year. e.g minimum number of people it takes in a room for 2 people to have the same birth date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Of All The Admins, Who'd Win In A Fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wilburt wrote: »
    Probably test him on his probability skills since he plays poker a lot it seems. Like real bastid questions that I had to do in 2nd year. e.g minimum number of people it takes in a room for 2 people to have the same birth date.

lol ah can't see DeV having much trouble with that one.

minimum number of people it takes in a room for 2 people to have the same IP Address :p

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    minimum number of people it takes in a room for 2 people to have the same IP Address :p
    Hmmm, that depends. Does Bubbles know about the room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sorry got the phrasing of the question wrong, something like...
    calculate the probability of at least two people having the same birthday when there are 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ….. in a room

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DeV, there doesn't appear to have been much development of late on the social.ie site, what are the future plans for social.ie?

Will the boards.ie forums ever become a subsite of the social.ie portal (in a similar way to the way in which the forums on AVForums are being pushed to the background of that site while still remaining important)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DeV, who is the worst troll you have come across since starting off boards? Some troll stories would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DeV, do you still think the Thunderdome serves its original purpose?

Is it time to redefine the role of the Thunderdome and how it is run or is it fine as it is and still good for massive feedback threads and the obligatory associated shenanigans? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Recommend me some books. I can't abide fiction. Have you read any books a number of times? I have read Buffett - The Making Of An American Capitalist by Roger Lowenstein, How To Talk Dirty And Influence People by Lenny Bruce at least three times. Now I'm reading 50 Mathematical Ideas You Really Need To Know by Tony Crilly. It just points out how much I didn't learn in school.
    The last time I spoke to you you said you were off the cigarettes for five months. How is that going? Are you still off them? What was your reason to quit?
    Do you think Connie O'Sullivan will do well in Las Vegas? It is a bit like Killarney in a strange way - about an equal number of Americans. Should he bring a translator?

So you love poker, and there is a lovely new Magic & Illusion Forum (which I mod - you said I'd never be made a mod?) can you do any card tricks? Do you carry a deck?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

pffft its been done :p

Whats in store for Social.ie would be a good q tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Are there any future plans for Boards, like new sections or drastic changes? Excluding vBulletin upgrades!

How much time during the day to you spend on Boards posting or reading?

Are there any members or moderators you do not get on with, or avoid at all costs?

Whats it like working with CulT, Boards first proper employe!?

How many Boardsies (or ex-Boardsies) have you had relationships/flings/one night stands/snogs with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Despite the success of Boards, are there times when you have regretted that you and Cloud ever started it all off? What caused you to feel like that?

When you're skimming through Boards, what kinds of posts / threads make you think "oh, for fvck's sake!!1!" ?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    DeV, do you still think the Thunderdome serves its original purpose?

Is it time to redefine the role of the Thunderdome and how it is run or is it fine as it is and still good for massive feedback threads and the obligatory associated shenanigans? :D
    +1

Is there a point when funny gives way to just plain nasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Has there ever been a moment when you just thought "oh fcuk this, I couldn't be arsed anymore/I'm fukking sick of this sh!t/christ these idiots are driving me fooking mental" or anything along those lines that just made you want to scrap the whole thing and put an end to boards completely?

If so, what was it that nearly pushed you over the edge (thread/poster/forum/etc)?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How many boardsies does it take to change a lightbulb?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sully wrote: »
    How many boardsies does it take to change a lightbulb?!
    None we start a thread in feedback about it being dark until CuLT/Regi/Asok changes the lightbulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Do you think Pighead is funny or is he merely another annoying troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Question 1. Whos dev? fap fap.

Answer to Xavi's question would be the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Who's "DeV"?

Crap, I didn't read the thread and I only seen the last question when I posted.

Erm, has anyone ever hacked/flooded Boards?

Who's "DeV"?
    Devore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Will events forum ever be sorted? as I am organising ninja karaoke, but as events was not available some people didn't see it. So I made a sig for it! Also do you think boards interupts with your real life? I noticed you said in a recent PM that you have had a lot on.

When will we see Boards taking over iTunes/T'internet/Ireland/The World?!
    What is the significance of the usernames at the bottom of the forum lists? I.E. it says mods of each forum and some are in bold, some in italic?

Oh and Xavi6 +1 for the last answer!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement