Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#4: We Talk To DeV!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Sully wrote: »
    How many boardsies does it take to change a lightbulb?!
    None we start a thread in feedback about it being dark until CuLT/Regi/Asok changes the lightbulb.

Not really. Someone starts a feedback thread about it being dark and lightbulbs needing to be changed. The mods of the forum accused of being dark all tell us its not dark and all lightbulbs are indeed working. They are promptly supported by other mods and admins who swear its so bright that sunglasses are needed. The "fite de powah" usuals all claim opression and complain they are being kept in the dark on purpose. Cats and various other pictures are posted ... insults are traded. Eventually everyone forgets what the original question was. No lightbulbs are changed. DeV closes the thread.

Now, what was the question again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

What do you make of all the changes on Boards, and would you have done anything differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Can you go into anymore detail about the time you helped (as a result of boards or something I think) bust a paedo ring?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A bit of a poker slant to my questions for some reason. I'm sure I'll find out the answer to 1,3 and 4 in time anyways if I bump into him in those places.

Q1. You going over to Vegas again this year for the annual pilgrimage? If so what dates?

Q2. I know you are only a back seat partner in Green Joker, so waht takes up most of your day?

Q3. Do you hate iPoker? Would you move GJP to another network if you had the option? If so which one?

Q4. Are you going to play in the Waterford and Killarney events that are coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

1)How are the other boards websites going?
    2)How many spin off sites have been created from boards that you know of...? eg www.cs-ireland.com, www.adverts.ie, other boardies sites
    3)What upgrades have been made to boards.ie?
    4)What bottlenecks currently exist or where do you see potential bottlenecks?
    5)How many members on boards and how many daily users?
    6)What was the biggest number of people on the site at any one time?
    7)+1 for that legal issue update
    8)Wasn't the forum origionally created for quake? Do any of you play those games anymore?
    9)Is bubbles around?
    10)How many awards have you accepted for boards.ie?
    11)Was there any one day that you can remember where there was perhaps a big influx of new users to boards.ie or a huge number of posts/threads for a particular reason? ie when 9/11 happened perhaps boards was overwhelmed with posts... or something to that affect
    12)Can you name the first 10 users to boards.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

DeV,

Two questions

1.) Have you ever wrestled a bear or any other large mammal?

2.) Would you or have you ever considered rebasing boards.ie to another country with less stringent liable laws so that you wouldnt constantly have to worry about being sued? (like politics.ie has done)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Have you ever wrestled a bear or any other large mammal?

And if not, would you wrestle a bear or any other large mammal to pay Cult's wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

DeVore, why are you listed as member number #89 and Cloud is #3 ... cloudwarrior is #1.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I emailed my questions. Mwhaha. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sabotage wrote: »
    Of All The Admins, Who'd Win In A Fight?

A Battle Royale type fight, not one on one!!!

If Boards got a total Cease and Desist order in the morning what would you do about it? (Where would you send the site or would ou honour it and stop all ops on Boards?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

1. Will you sit my exams for me?
    2. Are there too many mods here? And is there a clique problem with the mods?
    3. Is there a Dublin bias here?
    4. A lot of people who post in boards seem to be following a trend in certain forums (by which i mean the people who post in TV giving out about Pat Kenny, the people who post in Radio giving out about D'Arcy/Foley, people giving out about vista in computers, people giving out about ipods in portable media players etc.) - discuss.
    5. Forums or Fora?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    What is the significance of the usernames at the bottom of the forum lists? I.E. it says mods of each forum and some are in bold, some in italic?

Oh and Xavi6 +1 for the last answer!

It depends on the moderators primary usergroup. A moderator that is also a subscriber has the option to be set either the subscriber or moderator usergroup as their primary. If they choose moderator their username is bolded and the have 4 white stars under their name, if they choose subscriber their username is italics and they have 4 red stars under their username.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dulpit wrote: »
    5. Forums or Fora?

Both are correct. It's a matter of preference.

Saved you some time there, DeV. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How's the current house compared to the old house?

How many people have you banned "for the craic" whilst drunk?

How many people have asked you why you banned them the morning after a night of drunkenness of which you remember nothing?

How many people who feel it's their job to answer for you would you like to kill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Questions for _dev_

i understand you've employed more people to look after boards, who and what do they do?

do you think you need more people,imho i do.

do you think you need to 'employ' (arrange for ) more people at mid levels to help run this enormous site, and be more responsible in their handling of it.?

do you think the mods should take a more positive customer service attitude ( and that's include not bitching about people in front of them or after they are gone?)

do you think the strictness of the politics board has killed it ( helped by the allowance of political discussion in after hours), do you think loosening up the politics forum again would revive it?

do you think the walter-mitty hate-fest that is after hours is justifiable at any level?

do you think after hours should be shut down? and replaced by a current affairs forum and the rest of the existing forums?

why are you not promoting and explaining social.ie more ( the boards blogs? )

why are you not promoting and explaining the infractions system more and clearly ?

do you think the fact that you got the name boards.ie is the key to your success?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Do you see a day where adverts.ie will have to liaise with paypal or some such company to deal with dodgy dealers?

How do they get the figs into the fig-rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

how often do you take advantage of your position by sleeping with female boardsies

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Do you ever think people with just let the thunderdone be the thunderdome and get on with their lives and stop starting pointless feedback threads about it.

do you hate the thunderdome

why do posts not count in the thunderdome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Heres my questions:

1) Where do you see the line drawn between boards.ie being a user's forum and being a business and are there ever times when there is a conflict between having both? (e.g if the site was to expand and become a larger operation and say for example a potential investor said they would support the site financially if Thunderdome or another forum the investor didnt approve of was dropped)

2) Was there ever a thread or event over boards lifetime that stands out in your mind as one to remember? (be it funny or sad or inspiring)

3) any chance of a mobile/iphone friendly version of boards.ie?

Oh oh! Here's a good one:

If you were cloned, so that essentially you would have a 'twin' - would you have sex with yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Mr.S wrote: »
    Would you ever sell boards.ie!

Hmmmmm, if the people that own boards were offered 46.3 squillion clams, i am sure they would sell it.....;)

Quick question. Who won the prize where everyone contributed to the survey last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

oleras wrote: »
    Quick question. Who won the prize where everyone contributed to the survey last year ?
    Irishbird won. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Myth wrote: »

If you were cloned, so that essentially you would have a 'twin' - would you have sex with yourself?
    Female or male twin?

Female or male twin?

Same sex as yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Myth wrote: »

2453422193_b0ecb6a84e_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Q - If i kill you, will it trigger a catastrophic collapse of the space time continuum?

Q - With hindsight, if you could go back to 1998 & do it all again with boards etc, is there anything you would/could change?

Q - Where's Bubbles?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I got another one!

If Dev is the daddy of boards, who would he say is the mammy and the annoying mother in law? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Just two questions Mr De V

#1 why is AMP still allowed to mod The Cuckoos' Nest when he operates a blatantly unfair and cliquish system?

#2.. How big are the executive shítters in Boards .ie HQ? and can ordinary boardsies have a chance to take a dump there.?

No other problems worrying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

1. Are you pleased with your social experiement Boards.ie and how it has turned out?
    2. Do you miss Visual Basic programming?
    3. Have you used illegal substances to keep awake during a poker tournament?
    4. Have you ever stuck your finger up your own backside when masturbating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

What's with the mustard forum, no seriously.....
    that is all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement