Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#4: We Talk To DeV!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wilburt wrote: »
    questions were taken from this thread

Yes. All three of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good job guys, very interesting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

is there any alternative to the chipmunk version :)? very interesting so far anyway guys!

never mind - just read back a page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

excellent boardscast again folks... dev sure does know how to keep talking...

I downloaded it in the end since listening to chipmunk DeVore wasn't really that enjoyable!

Quite enjoyed it, well done all.

• Advertisement

anybody know where this compla forum is? couldnt find it in computers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

anybody know where this compla forum is? couldnt find it in computers!
    It was komplett. Link (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

REDESIGN?!:eek:

Good job again lads, well done.

I wonder how much I'd get for charity if I auctioned off my 'monkey TM' cease and desist letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Excellent job once again folks. A really interesting listen. As an added bonus it killed 80 minutes of my work day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Nice one Dev, though do you have to use so many cuss words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just realised I've only heard part 1, not sure if life is long enough for the second as well. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Feelgood wrote: »
    Nice one Dev, though do you have to use so many cuss words?

Oh for the love of fucking Christ! Since when did the precious posters of Boards.ie become so fucking sensitive!

Lads ... schedule me in for a Boardscast, cert 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

mike65 wrote: »
    I just realised I've only heard part 1, not sure if life is long enough for the second as well. ;)

Mike.
    Same here. I reckon I'll find some time later.

(Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Iron Man rocked.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sabotage wrote: »

o.0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just listened to it all and while I liked it I would have liked to have heard answers to more of the questions. What was the point of a thread looking for questions if only a small few are going to be asked. You want people to contribute but when they do they get ignored? Thats not Boards.ie, thats not even P45rant!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Very interesting listening and I am intrigued about the redesign!

You're not going to get your cock out, are you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You're not going to get your cock out, are you?

Don't get too excited there :)

He has a pet rooster that he has taught to swear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Very good lads. Well done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

was an interesting listen. Tis a pity he didnt have a chance to get to all the questions.

Sounds like DeV likes to be a user stalker at times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Just listened to it all and while I liked it I would have liked to have heard answers to more of the questions. What was the point of a thread looking for questions if only a small few are going to be asked. You want people to contribute but when they do they get ignored? Thats not Boards.ie, thats not even P45rant!

at what stage do you think we should have jumped in to ask more questions? The term "herding cats" comes to mind. I think a lot of the substantive issues that were asked on thread actually arose during the conversation, we just didn't have to ask the specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I enjoyed it on the way to work this morning. Well done all involved.
    Certainly sounds like Dev has loads & loads of stories to tell.

When's the book out? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The lads copied all the questions from here and had them in a list so blame me and my motor-mouth. I do think we got around most of them!

I was trying to keep my level of "cussing" down in fact :)

The lads were suggesting a possibly quarterly "state of Boards" Q&A round up which might be less general and more directed questions. Dunno, we'll see about that. :)

Glad you guys enjoyed it. So many people have said I should write a book that I might just do that. I'm just not sure that if I wrote the truth, anyone would believe it :)

DeV.

Do the book. Or at the very least do your 32 day trek around Ireland - that'd make for some good reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Myth wrote: »
    Do the book. Or at the very least do your 32 day trek around Ireland - that'd make for some good reading.
    Indeed, and have 32 consecutive boards beers while you're at it. Logistics anyone? :)

god he'd be in some state after that! Financially and physically!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

god he'd be in some state after that! Financially and physically!
    Dev makes €1m per year from Boards alone so I doubt a few pints per night for a month would hurt too much tbh.

To the people complaining about the cursing, f*ck off tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

rb_ie wrote: »
    Dev makes €1m per year from Boards alone...
    more blathering trying to act tough

:rolleyes: Where are you getting your info?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement