Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practice Board

• 23-04-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi All,

I'm new to darts(less than 3 months!) and now I've got my dart size, weight, flights, throw etc sorted out I'm looking to get some quality practice in to improve as much as I can :)

I've been practicing about 1 hr a day so far on a normal board and progress is very slow but steady none the less. I'm really enjoying it though and should have taken it up yrs ago:)

I was thinking about getting a practice board to help me improve. What are your thoughts on them? Do you think they help? Should I practice exclusively on it if I get one? or should I mix and match between that and my 'normal' board?

Also how easily availible are they? Is there a site on the internet that I could get one from that isnt too expensive?

I'd be interested to know what the pro's on this forum reckon

Thanks in advance,

el_duderino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

They sound like a great idea........i just find it hard enough to hit normal trebles and doubles.......i just dont think this would do meself any good........id imagine it would be more for the serious darter.

Would like hear the views of lads that use them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

if your only new to it stick with the normal board cause you might start forcing the dart into the treble, remember you have to learn to walk before you can run!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 battermytreble

Only been playing/messing about since Xmas really but I have the Champions Choice board, aswell as a normal board of course.

I think it's a great piece of kit, though haven't had a chance to use it much lately. It's makes sense really that playing with smaller doubles/trebles should help increase the accuracy of your darts. Spend a few hours on it, then put a standard board back up, and the doubles and trebles look HUGE! All about instilling confidence in my opinion. Like a previous post though, it's important not to lose sight of what you're doing and why you're doing it if the narrow beds are proving tricky to hit. Just gotta keep on throwing.

I've managed a 180 on it....don't ask me how though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 el_duderino

Thanks for the input lads.

Going by your replies it seems like the best thing to do for now is keep practicing on the normal board and review it again 6-12 months down the line. This sounds fine to me :)

Hopefully those doubles and trebles will start going in more regularly some day!

Thanks again,

el_duderino

Advertisement