Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which CL final do you want

• 23-04-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

So I gave a utd mate a buzz last night, usual "aw, I hoped theyd lose" yakkin. Out of curiousity, do you want the pool out now or do you want to face them in the final? Personally, re utd games before now Ive alays half wanted them to progress so there would be a final clash and half wanted them to get embarrasingly pasted early on in the stages.

If out now, why? Because it means Rafa has reached 3 finals in, what, 4 years? Because the pressure of losing in the final if it happened would be too much?

Do share :) Personally such a derby would be the best final there has ever been imo. If Chelsea progress and Utd do too it will be a borefest for me, I just cant back Avrams Chelsea the same way Id have backed Jose.

Which final do you want 47 votes

Liverpool Fans - United
    0%
    Liverpool Fans - Barca
    10%
    Vokesrobz150SherifuMelionLuckyLloyd 5 votes
    Chelsea Fans - United
    19%
    PiEjesus_thats_greShaque attackcruiserweightBrando_ieBernsredzerdrogdfx-hanton12 9 votes
    Chelsea Fans - Barca
    0%
    United Fans - Chelsea
    2%
    selpher 1 vote
    United Fans - Liverpool
    17%
    astrofoolPHBUnearthlyMr.Nice GuyNecronomiconMitch ConnorPaul TergatLoomis 8 votes
    Barca Fans - Chelsea
    17%
    ChongBrian017Mad_MaxPeyton Manningthemont85genericgoon[Deleted User]Dancor 8 votes
    Barca Fans - Liverpool
    4%
    eZe^Xavi6 2 votes
    Neutrals - Barca vs. Liverpool
    0%
    Neutrals - Barca vs. Chelsea
    4%
    super_furryZaph 2 votes
    Neutrals - Utd vs. Chelsea
    23%
    Mossy MonkPepe LeFritsvorbisGillieFwaggleciaran76Royale with CheeseditpokerOPENROADEirebearKing John V 11 votes
    Neutrals - Utd vs. Liverpool
    2%
    Juan Pablo 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

shane you're a liverpool fan right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United Fans - Liverpool
    It's too much of a risk and to be honest, I'd rather just keep it safe, take over yas on the league tally and work on the CLs over time.

That said, I think we'd be more likely to beat Liverpool than Chelsea in the final, so it's a toughie.

But first and foremost, I'd like a final :) and thats far from likely atm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Wouldn't be a grudge final unless they were playing the mighty white yorkshire gods. As Ferguson said himself, 'while Liverpool and United are a great footballing rivalry, Man Utd and Leeds is pure hatred'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

United Fans - Liverpool
    shane86 wrote: »
    If out now, why? Because it means Rafa has reached 3 finals in, what, 4 years? Because the pressure of losing in the final if it happened would be too much?

Personally I want them out because I think Arsenal were absolutely mugged in the last round by dodgy refereeing and because I think Liverpool have been unbelievably jammy under Benitez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wouldn't be a grudge final unless they were playing the mighty white yorkshire gods. As Ferguson said himself, 'while Liverpool and United are a great footballing rivalry, Man Utd and Leeds is pure hatred'.

Is that why he also said he "Would love to knock Liverpool of thier fcuking perch" been the most sucessful English teams and will not retire until he has equaled or better Liverpools 18 legaue titles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

His hatred of us has waned somewhat due to our sabattical down here in division 3, but absence makes the heart grow fonder ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Mr Alan wrote: »
    shane you're a liverpool fan right?

I prefer to use the term "ABU with a strong pool leaning" :)

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    I want a United Liverpool final for a number of reasons.

1. I think we're better equipped to win against Liverpool than Chelsea based on recent results against said teams.

2. I think the first all English final should be between the 2 biggest teams in England.

3. Winning it would be the ultimate.

However Im wary cos:

1. Losing it would be awful.

2. I dont think I could take the nerves!

3. This board will explode with bannings and gang violence in the week leading up to it!

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    Is that why he also said he "Would love to knock Liverpool of thier fcuking perch" been the most sucessful English teams and will not retire until he has equaled or better Liverpools 18 legaue titles

He wasnt saying Leeds are bigger than Liverpool, he was saying that Leeds are the most bitterly hated by united fans.

Leeds, Liverpool, Citeh. All 3 equal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

He wasnt saying Leeds are bigger than Liverpool, he was saying that Leeds are the most bitterly hated by united fans.

Leeds, Liverpool, Citeh. All 3 equal IMO.

In Manchester pubs near Old trafford such as The Trafford Arms and The Bishop Blaze most of the songs sung are anti Leeds.

I was hoping for a Man U v Pool final but I don't hold out much hope for that after last nights shambles. Also after the way both teams played I'd happily take any of them, poor quality of football last night from both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I want a United Liverpool final for a number of reasons.

1. I think we're better equipped to win against Liverpool than Chelsea based on recent results against said teams.

2. I think the first all English final should be between the 2 biggest teams in England.

3. Winning it would be the ultimate.

However Im wary cos:

1. Losing it would be awful.

2. I dont think I could take the nerves!

3. This board will explode with bannings and gang violence in the week leading up to it!

"I think the first all English final should be between the 2 biggest teams in England"...................so you DO want a Liverpool-Utd final?

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    deisedevil wrote: »
    In Manchester pubs near Old trafford such as The Trafford Arms and The Bishop Blaze most of the songs sung are anti Leeds.

I was hoping for a Man U v Pool final but I don't hold out much hope for that after last nights shambles. Also after the way both teams played I'd happily take any of them, poor quality of football last night from both sides.

Yea "Leeds United going Bust" was a popular one when I was in there!

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    monkey9 wrote: »
    "I think the first all English final should be between the 2 biggest teams in England"...................so you DO want a Liverpool-Utd final?

Did i not lisst that in my "reasons I want a United-Liverpool final"?

Self explanatory tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Did i not lisst that in my "reasons I want a United-Liverpool final"?

Self explanatory tbh

Yes, yes you did. My mistake. I couldn't be more embarrassed if i'd just scored a last minute own goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    I dont know if I could watch a United - Liverpool final.

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Yes, yes you did. My mistake. I couldn't be more embarrassed if i'd just scored a last minute own goal

LOL its ok, at least its not a first minute OG, then u have to play 89 mins gettin abuse from the crowd about it. At least last minute u can just leg it in for a shower!

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    Archimedes wrote: »

That often gets said, and I agree but of course ud watch it, would just be absolutely horribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Yea "Leeds United going Bust" was a popular one when I was in there!

This one is popular too. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=8awEi_J0jCU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Liverpool Fans - Barca
    I want it and i'd watch it. Just a game people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I couldn't watch it, and couldn't leave the house if we lost.

I am a big girls blouse so I'll have the blues!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sherifu wrote: »
    Just a game people.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

AS a United fan, I like Liverpool football club but the crap I have to listen too lately is really annoying me. Sure its all about the banter etc but on a whole pool fans are very OTT, and it rubs me up the wrong way. FOr that, I would not like to see United vs Pool final... The sh!te I would have to listen to if they beat United. I'd have to leave country and change phone number :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sherifu wrote: »
    I want it and i'd watch it. Just a game people.

It's not a game.

It's a way of life.

It IS life.

It IS Living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I know, it would be just too much

I dont i couldnt wtach it either though but i would have to watch it alone, no friends, no pub, no family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

My head says yes because I believe we have a better chance of beating them than Chelsea (this opinion could change after this weekend’s game).

But my heart wants Liverpool to lose every match they are involved in unless it has a direct good consequence to Utd (i.e. taking points off a title rival)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

United Fans - Liverpool
    PHB wrote: »
    It's too much of a risk and to be honest, I'd rather just keep it safe, take over yas on the league tally and work on the CLs over time.

That said, I think we'd be more likely to beat Liverpool than Chelsea in the final, so it's a toughie.

But first and foremost, I'd like a final :) and thats far from likely atm :)

+1
    Get there, then worry about who we play.
    A guy in work just said this yesterday - he'd rather play Chelsea than Liverpool simply because the bragging rights would last a lifetime. I agree that I think we've more of a chance of beating Liverpool than Chelsea (we've had better results against them in the last few years) but I could also see Liverpool doing something very Liverpool-like and beating us because it's the champion's league and they have a tendency to beat teams that are far better than them.
    I'm still undecided as to who I'd prefer to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

i agree with many of the previous posters in thinking that we'd have a better chance of winning against Liverpool however I don't want to risk it so bring on Chelsea!

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    With the United fans thread up and running, the same can be asked. Would u prefer, if Liverpool make the final, to play Barcelona or man United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Barca Fans - Liverpool
    These threads need a poll

• Advertisement

Barca

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    Barca

Smart.

Pick the team you know you can beat. ;)

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    These threads need a poll

Im not in the know about how to make one!

Barca Fans - Liverpool
    How great would it be if you got to play each other?

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    LOL theres a lot of begrudgery around here today! The way the matches between these 2 went in recent years this would also be a grudge final!

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    I always keep forgetting that these 2 clus arent exactly fond of each other either. Although Im sure Chelsea would be delighted not to have Ronaldinho destroy them again.

• Advertisement

Smart.

Pick the team you know you can beat. ;)

Versus Ferguson Benitez has a 100% cup record :)

we can beat anyone. I'd just enjoy it more watching the final agains Barca if we were to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I really dont want to see an all English final (because im a horrible nasty english hating bigot, obviously) and a final where Barca beat Chelsea by a couple of goals will suit me just fine!

Barca Fans - Liverpool
    ^^^ Tis the dream alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    To be fair, if Jose Mourinho was still about this wud have been a grudge match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    I think Jose had the power to turn any game into a grudge match :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's alot of prestige associated with playing in a CL final, so no, I would not like Liverpool to get there :D

My nerves just couldn't take a Pool-Utd final tbh. I would be inconsolable if we lost! Wouldn't be so bad to lose to Chelsea, cos I don't know any Chelsea fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Liverpool Fans - Barca
    Megamerge!

Barca Fans - Liverpool
    Boo-urns on the merge

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    Versus Ferguson Benitez has a 100% cup record :)

we can beat anyone. I'd just enjoy it more watching the final agains Barca if we were to get there.

Ok so if Benitez has the spell on Fergie so then how could u enjoy facing Barca more than beating Utd? I think ur scared of the powers Fergie has over Rafa!! :)

Barca Fans - Liverpool
    Whoever's responsible, can we at least have a feckin poll?

Ok so if Benitez has the spell on Fergie so then how could u enjoy facing Barca more than beating Utd? I think ur scared of the powers Fergie has over Rafa!! :)

I was in a house with 2 mancs Neil, you know this.

Barca Fans - Chelsea
    I was in a house with 2 mancs Neil, you know this.

2? I thought it was just the one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United Fans - Liverpool
    Chelsea vs United.

Beating Liveprool would be the greatest night ever. Losing to them would be unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

How come only Liverpool Chelsea and Barca fans get a to have a preference on who they want to watch in the biggest game in world club football?:mad:

2? I thought it was just the one!

Dad and Brother.

Although my aul fella couldnt give a ****e, joke of a fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement