Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Road Bike

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I have a Cube Road bike, and can say that it is excellent in terms of performance and value for money. The frame is well built, light and stiff and the it was built with good spec parts relative to it's competitors in it's class. They aint a hugely well known brand over here, but I would definitely look at Cube when I make my next purchase

That particular bike looks like an excellent bike for tri - how much are you going to pay for it to compare to what you can get elsewhere ?

Chainreactioncycles.com do them, but not sure if they would have what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

Thaks for the reply money! that bike goes for 1600 euro, but 1089 sterling. Quite a high spec bike for the price when compared to other names it appears. Looks the part as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Just to say that I have a Cube bike also (Cube Streamer 2007). First bike so nothing to compare it against (and only cycling 2 weeks so only a newbie...) but everything excellent so far. Certainly for the money they give a good spec. Only issue is when people ask what bike you have and you say Cube....you can see the "oh that must be a cheap chinese import" look in their eyes!! Do any pro's ride Cube bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

albob wrote: »
    Just to say that I have a Cube bike also (Cube Streamer 2007). First bike so nothing to compare it against (and only cycling 2 weeks so only a newbie...) but everything excellent so far. Certainly for the money they give a good spec. Only issue is when people ask what bike you have and you say Cube....you can see the "oh that must be a cheap chinese import" look in their eyes!! Do any pro's ride Cube bikes?

I've been looking at the same bike but I'm not sure what to do as I can't try out the size.

What heght are you and what size bike did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

I am 5f 10 and a bit. Got a 56cm tripple....seemed to be the last of that size on the 2007 model. I was torn between that and the 58cm. I had always thought 56 until a shop "sized" me and said 58. However I didnt trust their "throw your leg over that bike there.....oh that looks about right" approach.
    The 56cm seems perfect for me.... but as I said its my first so I have nothing to compare it against. A number of websites suggested a 54cm for 5'10 height. Can you go to a shop and try a few out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm 182cm tall (a hair under 6') and have a 58cm cube. fits great. good bike but i can't really compare it to the one you asking about - i doubt there's a single component they have in common (except maybe cables). looks the business though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Anzer123 wrote: »
    Thaks for the reply money! that bike goes for 1600 euro, but 1089 sterling. Quite a high spec bike for the price when compared to other names it appears. Looks the part as well! :)

With full ultegra - that is good value. Never rode Easton wheels, but their other parts are good, usually high end. I've had numerous other bikes - Specialized, Trek, Giant and my current Cube compares very favorably. I also looked at the bike builder on www.ribblecycles.co.uk - you can choose your own frame and spec and basically build the bike you want - within reason. Can remember if they do Tri Specific.

Let us know how you get on if you make the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I agree with Moneyshot and I would also recommend the Easton wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    i'm 182cm tall (a hair under 6') and have a 58cm cube. fits great. good bike but i can't really compare it to the one you asking about - i doubt there's a single component they have in common (except maybe cables). looks the business though.

You're taller than 6 foot surely -I'm 6foot and pretty sure I'm shorter than you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

no. just about 6'. but i think tall thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

niceonetom wrote: »
    no. just about 6'. but i think tall thoughts.

That must be it... well, that and being whippet thin in comparison to me :)

Advertisement