Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Upgrade Discount Level

• 23-04-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I'm on the Silver Upgrade Discount level (bill pay). Is this good? Is this bad? What are the levels like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The order from lowest to highest is:

Silver
    Gold
    Platinum
    Diamond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 spicywedge

Ya its good that you even have an upgrade as far as i know its all to do with what type of phone you are looking for. I called CC and they were actually able to sell me the phone while on the call and charge my bill for it, so i didn't have to go to the shop and he was able to do a deal where i would get lower than the srp and i got double minutes for 6 months, cant complain there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

spicywedge wrote: »
    Ya its good that you even have an upgrade as far as i know its all to do with what type of phone you are looking for. I called CC and they were actually able to sell me the phone while on the call and charge my bill for it, so i didn't have to go to the shop and he was able to do a deal where i would get lower than the srp and i got double minutes for 6 months, cant complain there!!!
    They charged the cost of the upgrade to your phone bill? Are you a regular JOe Public or is it a business account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Silver upgrade is crap all round - you'll pay the same price as a speak easy customer for some phones! The only benefit you'll get is the double minutes promo, if your on active 150 or above and pay by direct debit. No extras for easy life customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

I think you get 100 texts for 10 months as well when ur upgrading. At least I did but I had a gold upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

joe public customers with upgrades can now order them from CC and have the ocst put onthe next bill, get it the same as the online price, its really handy if you know what phone you want alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The order from lowest to highest is:

Silver
    Gold
    Platinum
    Diamond

How long do you have to be on billpay to qualify for these grades. I'm on o2 billpay for the last 15 months. I'm on Active 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 spicywedge

neilled wrote: »
    Silver upgrade is crap all round - you'll pay the same price as a speak easy customer for some phones! The only benefit you'll get is the double minutes promo, if your on active 150 or above and pay by direct debit. No extras for easy life customers.

this is not true im on active 40 and avail of double minutes

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How long do you have to be on billpay to qualify for these grades. I'm on o2 billpay for the last 15 months. I'm on Active 150.

It works on spend. I can remember the exact figures but you get a gold at approx 800 euro spend in 12 months and a platinum at 1200.

Silvers are given out if you dont reach this spend in an 18 month period.

This is outdated info though, could be a lil different now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

spicywedge wrote: »
    this is not true im on active 40 and avail of double minutes

Apologies, I was being lazy and couldn't remember and posted the higher figure lest anyone upgrade and find they'd been given wrong info.

Sdoom's o2 rates are slightly off - take these as rough guesstimates from memory.

For a silver upgrade you need a spend of 800 euro or have been with the network 18 months after which you get one automatically.

For a gold i think its around 1500 euro and these are mediocre upgrades. They're not showing you complete contempt but not enough to get you to stay.

Platinum - again arbitary off top of head figure, somewhere around 1900 euro spend. Reasonable upgrade, but still nothing compared with what the average 20 pounds a month new customer gets in the uk.

Diamond - i think its around the 2500 mark, you get alot of handsets for free but not the higher end ones. At that level of spend you should really be getting whatever you like for free. Eg a Sony Ericsson K850i will still sting you close to €200 on a diamond upgrade.

Just for everone's info

Meteor - you get the same deal as someone connecting to an equivlent plan, plus some kind of reward like free texts or data add ons.

Vodafone - Same deal as a new customer

Three - you get your handset at a slightly better rate than a new customer, eg if your on a priceplan thats €29 a month, you'll get your upgrade for the price a new customer connecting to the plan above would eg the price of the handset on the €49 tariff.

• Advertisement

its 700 spend or 24 months for a gold upgrade, 1600 for a platinum and 2500 for a diamond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

My mate got a gold upgrade for spending €1000 in 12 months.
    I was entitled to silver myself since lastweek.
    Called 1747 CC and asked about price for N95.
    Told her price on Vodafone and she upgraded me to Gold which meant I got N95 for €349 from her or €369 in the shop. None in stock so I went to the shop and got it for €359?!
    Call them and say what phone you are thinking of getting then say it's only €x on vodafone and they should give you a gold one anyway..

Keith186 wrote: »
    My mate got a gold upgrade for spending €1000 in 12 months.
    I was entitled to silver myself since lastweek.
    Called 1747 CC and asked about price for N95.
    Told her price on Vodafone and she upgraded me to Gold which meant I got N95 for €349 from her or €369 in the shop. None in stock so I went to the shop and got it for €359?!
    Call them and say what phone you are thinking of getting then say it's only €x on vodafone and they should give you a gold one anyway..

depends on how far you are from the spend needed for a gold and if you're out of contract though, if you have a few months left on the contract forget it

Advertisement