Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rob Styles demoted after Blackburn v Man Utd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's twice in two games so

Good, the clown has made too many mistakes this year. Cost United a peno (or 2) at the weekend and gifted Chelsea a penno at Liverpool earlier in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Whatever about his performance in the united match and he was bad, (The decision to give a free against Rooney when he got kicked in the gut being the worst imo), He should have been demoted for a long time after that pen he gave against city. That was plain ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He was dreadful in that game(decisions for Man Utd and Blackburn)

No surprise from me.

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Whatever about his performance in the united match and he was bad, (The decision to give a free against Rooney when he got kicked in the gut being the worst imo), He should have been demoted for a long time after that pen he gave against city. That was plain ridiculous.

He was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's good to see the refs chief actually doing something about it. Those penalties he didn't give both for United and against City were just utterly ludicrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

While I agree with you PHB that's it's good to see that something is being done about such inadequate performances, it's all smacks a bit of a closing the door after the horse has bolted situation. His performance at the weekend was laughable only that it was such a crucial game. OK anyone can get a couple of borderline decisions wrong in a split second but he seemed pretty determined to give Utd nothing. And Blackburn are notorious for their over-physical approach. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Mark Hughes but he sure has built a team that knows how to dish it, and more often than not, get away with it. If Tevez hadn't pulled it back to 1-1, Styles' performance could have cost us even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He was

How long did he get? It seems like it was just the other week. As a city fan I thought you'd want him out for good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Good enough for him.

That was probably the most inept refereeing performance I've seen in yonks last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

thank f*ck. easily the worst ref in the prem this year

• Advertisement

Mad_Max wrote: »
    How long did he get? It seems like it was just the other week. As a city fan I thought you'd want him out for good :D

Only got one week for it. And yes everytime we get him we're playing 12 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Blackburn are notorious for their over-physical approach. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Mark Hughes but he sure has built a team that knows how to dish it, and more often than not, get away with it.

I think you are being unfair, Blackburn are not really anymore physical than utd or chelsea or liverpool. they are an excellent side, who deserved wat they got at the weekend. they got it through performance and not fouling their way to a result.

styles is a joke, everyone knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

thank f*ck. easily the worst ref in the prem this year

he's made some chronic errors but I still believe Bennett is worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think you are being unfair, Blackburn are not really anymore physical than utd or chelsea or liverpool. they are an excellent side, who deserved wat they got at the weekend. they got it through performance and not fouling their way to a result.

The fair play table wishes to disagree with you:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That peno he gave against Sun Jihai for BirmCity v ManCity was the worst I've ever seen.

Advertisement