Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ipod to Stereo

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Sony mini-disc stereo that came with my car. it is connected to the standard factory speakers, and also a sub in the boot.

I have used a basic jack which plugs into the earphones connection in the ipod and plugs into the back of the stereo. However, since there is only two plugs at the end of the jack, it can only be plugged in to play through the two speakers in the rear, OR the two speakers in the front.

Also the radio will play through the sub but when the ipod is plugged in nothing is going through the sub!

Any suggestions?!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

that sounds really odd. i dont understand how the connection works. all i know is when i was getting my system i made sure it had an aux imput at the front for my mp3, very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Get an FM transmitter for your iPod Argos etc.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Get an FM transmitter for your iPod Argos etc.

D.

Wouldn’t touch them. They give out crap quality sound . Id say a new cd player with an aux wound be your best job, Or talk to the lads in halfords they normally know there stuff..

have to agree i had one for a month b4 i bought the new sound system, they really aint that great, ok at low levels i guess but the odd time it goes fuzzy. aux means its solid all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Thanks for the replies.

Ya, I actually bought an FM transmitter online before. The sound quality was rubbish and the radio kept interefering with it. All in all a waste of money!

So as for the aux input, is this a USB port or what? (Sorry for sounding stupid in advance... :o)

• Advertisement

there is 2 diffrent types i know about 'i pod ready' and 'aux imput' basically the ipod ready is a special connection for ipods, while the aux basiaclly plugs stright into the headphone jack.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw4041a-p-6377.html

thats a nice one, kenwood too so verry good make. also has RCA pre out so you can plug and amp and sub in! :rolleyes: you can get cheeper ones tho!

there is 2 diffrent types i know about 'i pod ready' and 'aux imput' basically the ipod ready is a special connection for ipods, while the aux basiaclly plugs stright into the headphone jack.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw4041a-p-6377.html

thats a nice one, kenwood too so verry good make. also has RCA pre out so you can plug and amp and sub in! :rolleyes: you can get cheeper ones tho!

Thanks I'll check this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

If you are looking for an iPod compatible stereo use Alpine, by far the best Ipod control radios on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I bought a Sony Ipod controller CD player today, it comes with a remote control so you can skip album/track easily. Was looking at the Alpine ones too but the display of the Sony matched the interior of the car better (all important!)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Thanks for the replies.

Ya, I actually bought an FM transmitter online before. The sound quality was rubbish and the radio kept interefering with it. All in all a waste of money!

So as for the aux input, is this a USB port or what? (Sorry for sounding stupid in advance... :o)

you can get an fm transmitter that you actually connect into the aerial in the car supposed to be fairly good quality......... sound well as good as youll get off youre radio I suppose, they are around 100E though, handy for a car with a oem stereo that doesnt have a port for a cd changer(most opels) though however this is useless info for yourself

I have heard that alpine are good for i-pods though

in answer to youre first question if you really wanted to do it you could get one of thesehttp://www.antonline.com/p_IUHPS-NX_272954.htm
    and then get two cables with male heads on both sides to connect this to youre headunit, but tbh thatll be messy!
    Id say theres some way of wiring it though

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I bought a Sony Ipod controller CD player today, it comes with a remote control so you can skip album/track easily. Was looking at the Alpine ones too but the display of the Sony matched the interior of the car better (all important!)

Cool, how much dat stereo run you?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

twas only €150, but I had to visit 4 Argos's before I found one! Ring and Reserve is a good idea!

h158GT420iP-o_mt.jpeg
    h158F5510-r_dgpmst.gif

Halfords are doing a similar unit that also has bluetooth for €50 extra (which they didn't have in stock!)

Advertisement