Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann's Monthly Weather Bulletin now available online!

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

I've received my Jan 08 copy in post today with an accompanying note.
    ...we are making the Bulletin freely available to download from our website at:
    http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-weather-bulletin.asp

An archive of Bulletins from recent years will also shortly be available on this site.

All the copies from 2007 are available already.

On the back page of the Jan copy is a map showing locations used in the tables.

I think this is great news. I've been receiving this publication for past 9 years.

I should mention again that a monthly summary is published on the first working day after months end as well.
    http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-summary.asp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

One aspect I'm surprised about is that while Rosslare has been dropped from map and Johnstown Castle has been promoted to synoptic status, there is no mention of Oak Park or Ballyhaise. I anticipated that they would be included from Jan 08 to make a clean start at beginning of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

That is great news MM!!. Will be fantastic to have a detailed analysis of our nation's climate on a monthly basis.

Fair play to Met Eireann for doing this!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats brilliant, really delighted they are sharing that online.
    Just been reading a few of the previous ones, some fascinating stats in there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

And March has been published at link above

• Advertisement

Up to July 08, and I see 2006 is available.

August has quickly followed.

An interesting month!

The big one hour fall at Shannon detailed, also the thunderstorm in Dublin region on the 10th.
    Look at the map of rainfall total bottom right of page 2. I'm located a few miles north of Wicklow Town and recorded 0.3mm this day. A few miles north saw 20+mm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thunderstorm was on the 9th MM in the Dublin region :)

Agree, was an exceptional month with the 9th been a very exceptional day.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Thunderstorm was on the 9th MM in the Dublin region :)

Agree, was an exceptional month with the 9th been a very exceptional day.
    Lol, there were so many eventful days first half of August that its hard to remember who had what when!

And now September 08

Archives back to beginning of Jan 2005.

• Advertisement

October 2008
    I'm delighted that they've brought the production time down from 3 months to 2 months during the 2nd half of year.

December 2008,
    Use link in previous post.

Advertisement