Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay and Lesbian tastes in men and women.

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hey all, this is really just meant as a light hearted thread, a bit of fun :)

Has anyone noticed that a Lesbians taste in women will be different to a straight mans, and a gay mans taste in men will be different to a straigt girls?
    This interests me alot as I notice that as a bisexual female, my taste in women is far far different to that of my male friends. I'm not just talking personality, I mean right down to the aesthetics.

So go ahead, post some pics of whoever it is you fantasize about (and state your gender too, if you want to!)

I'll get the ball rolling by posting mine. Straight guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that these hotties are only adored by gay/bi women...

lamejorfoto.jpg

zombie.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

straight male here

dolores o'riordan is **** hot, no doubt about it

alex parks has a very pretty face but the unmistakable, inescapable Les Bos look does me off a little i have to say but yeah she's definitly got something about her.

Edit: what is the story with the 'gay look' by the way? i may risk getting banned here but whats the craic with this? there are definite types of looks and facial feature types, forms etc which loads of gay men have...the same goes for gay women, quite seperate from effeminate or butch looks...is this in my all in my head? if not, is it actually a genetic gay feature thing? lol i sound like an idiot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

there are definite types of looks and facial feature types, forms etc which loads of gay men have...the same goes for gay women, quite seperate from effeminate or butch looks...is this in my all in my head? if not, is it actually a genetic gay feature thing? lol i sound like an idiot :pac:

Yeah, well I was reading a science magazine recently (Focus, check it out) and they now reckon that male "gayness" may actually be in the genes. ie. a male could inherit a gene that in a girl would make her pretty, but active in a male would make him gay. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this people.

Anyway, that is slightly off topic, so back onto it we go :pac:

So the whole "les bos" thing puts you off then? Perhaps because of the way the person presents themselves that will determine which crowd they attract? I kinda get you on that one, because, say for example Natalie Portman with long hair does nothin for me, but when she gave it the chop I saw her in a whole new light.

060324_scoop_portman_vlg5p.widec.jpg

i'd do natalie portman either way:D

yeah, its not the tomboy look that puts me off...there is a lesbian 'look' which is not defined by short hair/butchness/tomboyishness etc...its totally different from these factors but I cant put my finger on it or describe it properly. as a straight guy its a definite subliminal signal and turn off to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Gay female here,

All the women above are incredible, alex parks floats my boat!:D
    But i have noticed with a lot of straight male friends that our tastes are very very different.

That first picture is actually Kate Moennig, not Alex Parks. Easy mistake to make :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I have to say that I (male) have never been attracted to the type of girls as my mates, they would normally drool over the stereotypical beauties (the type of girl you would find in playboy) as where I would tend to go for the more reserved , masculine or quirky girls I don’t know why :confused: maybe it’s because I was never a boob man while all my friends where boob mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

It varies I think.

I have to say that a lot of gay women do find themselves attracted to particular ideals of women. Having said that, a lot of straight women wouldn't go for Tom of Finland clones either. It varies though.

Interesting debate though. We could set up a poll maybe?

shoegirl wrote: »
    It varies I think.

I have to say that a lot of gay women do find themselves attracted to particular ideals of women. Having said that, a lot of straight women wouldn't go for Tom of Finland clones either. It varies though.

Interesting debate though. We could set up a poll maybe?

Yeah, I find that alot of Gay women would be very specific in what they like, ie, some go for "femme", while others would go for "butch" etc.

I would set up a poll, but I think this topic is a bit all over the place. It's hard to come up with a specific qustion that asks what I'm looking to find out.

I have to say that I (male) have never been attracted to the type of girls as my mates, they would normally drool over the stereotypical beauties (the type of girl you would find in playboy) as where I would tend to go for the more reserved , masculine or quirky girls I don’t know why :confused: maybe it’s because I was never a boob man while all my friends where boob mad

Well I'd definately go for the more reserved/boyish/quirky type of girl too, but I gotta say, boobs are great! Size is no issue, just as long as they're present :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liadan Barry

I (lesbian) think the whole look of the gay man or woman is the basis of gaydar. but there's some times I get it wrong when it's a straight girl with a load of gay girls and she dresses and looks like them. gets confusing. but the girl Im with is nothing like most of my straight male mates would go for. tall, skinny, fairly small breasts.

and Kate Moennig is practiacally every non-straight girl I know's wet dream...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Weidii wrote: »
    Size is no issue, just as long as they're present :D

I think they are over rated by most people just because they are so in your face (you know what i mean :D ) There are far more interesting places on a female body :p

For some reason the celbs I tend to find myself more attracted are the ones that play psycho’s

FairuzaBalk02.jpg
    A fave of mine growing up Fairuza Balk

NaturalBornKillers.jpg
    naturalborn.jpg

Juliette Lewis in NBK :o

torque_wallpaper_china_1280.jpg

I never liked jamie lee untill she was in Torque

ps
    Did any one else have a thing for Willow when all their freinds where intp buffy ??

willow.article.jpg

pps
    Liadan Barry does your girlfriend have a twin sister with really low standards :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

060324_scoop_portman_vlg5p.widec.jpg

O she is soooooo dreamy....After seeing Garden State I knew one day I would have her babies, funnily enough the same day restraining orders started to play a major role in my life

I would say quirky and funny par example......

56690347_10.jpg

tina_fey.jpg

But then there is also just hot hot girls........

photo#5074682190844691426

the list goes on and on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Wow, never knew there were so many lesbians on boards. I might start hanging out here more often....

I think the whole Alex Parks/Kate Moening mix up is really interesting. They look very alike, but one seems to be every girls' dream (not mine btw) and the other is rarely spoken of these days. I think it's Kate's character on the L Word that people are attracted to. I know she plays around a lot, not exactly gf material, but her confidence and the way she can pull just about any girl is really attractive. Alex Parks never played a cool character, and people never speak of her when mentioning hot girls. Yet the similarities are clear....

Also I have noticed lesbians tend to fancy other lesbians. So many people on Bebo have photo albums with hot girls in them, and every single girl is gay or bi. It's like they don't want to admit they fancy a straight girl. How many people say they love Alice from the L Word? But who ever says they like, say, Helena? Not as many definitely. Some sort of female pride I think.

For the record, I like the kind of girl most guys go for. Doesn't make for a happy love life, but I can't quite help who I'm attracted to.

This is one such example:
    applegate.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

just to clear up i didnt mix up kate and alex, i was just mentioning that alex parks is my idea of a perfect woman!:)

Kate while so so incredible, i think is seen as ''Shane'' in most cases, kinda like the old lesbain sterotype- ''i dunno if i want to be you, f88k you or borrow you your clothes'':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I (lesbian) think the whole look of the gay man or woman is the basis of gaydar. but there's some times I get it wrong when it's a straight girl with a load of gay girls and she dresses and looks like them.

Thats something I've never really thought about but lesbian women have in general a very distinctive look and bi-sexual women the same. Its would be hard to categorise or describe but its definitely there on some level.

dory wrote: »

Also I have noticed lesbians tend to fancy other lesbians. So many people on Bebo have photo albums with hot girls in them, and every single girl is gay or bi. It's like they don't want to admit they fancy a straight girl. How many people say they love Alice from the L Word? But who ever says they like, say, Helena? Not as many definitely. Some sort of female pride I think.

Really interesting point. I know myself that I rarely find straight girls attractive. It's not a conscious descision though, I just don't find them attractive at all! Even down to the personalities, I really couldn't picture myself with a girly girl or the like.
    dory wrote: »
    For the record, I like the kind of girl most guys go for. Doesn't make for a happy love life, but I can't quite help who I'm attracted to.

Agh, pity. I'm sure it's hard to come by "femme straight acting" girls.

We've had little word from gay guys / straight girls yet, what do ya think folks? Same tastes across the border.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ya it's strange. I think the way I put it came out like I thought girls wouldn't fancy straight girls, I more meant that they don't, and I don't know why.

And it's not too bad, there's a fair few girly girls out there. I sort of find a lot of lesbians dress and look alike, I just like people a bit different. And anyone who tries to be Shane is a definite no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Royalclan

I (lesbian) would find women who look like women hot. I see it if I wanted to be with a man I'd be with one.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Catriona/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]I find Hilary Swank hot and I also think Ellen Paige is sexy too.:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Royalclan - you tried linking an image that's on your local machine ;)

Personally - I like metal girls.

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)
    sharon-den-adel-1-480.jpg
    Mariangela Demurtas (Tristania)
    newtristaniasinger.jpg
    Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
    dr-dr-mus-scabbia-01-480.jpg

Really interesting point. I know myself that I rarely find straight girls attractive. It's not a conscious descision though, I just don't find them attractive at all! Even down to the personalities, I really couldn't picture myself with a girly girl or the like.
    ah hold on there, straight girl does not automatically mean girly girl. I have never been attracted to pink princessy frilly-frocked girl girls either, my gf is the complete and total opposite but is still elegant and feminine.

ah hold on there, straight girl does not automatically mean girly girl. I have never been attracted to pink princessy frilly-frocked girl girls either, my gf is the complete and total opposite but is still elegant and feminine.

Fair enough, sorry, I didn't mean to generalise like that :P

are you sure you girlfriend isn't bi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Luke-MacFarlane.jpg

Gay guy here. If I had a choice in the candy shop of life I would go for this type of guy!!!!

Luke MacFarlane is really hot and is out too which is a win win in dream world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

1: I (lesbian) think gaydar has a lot to do with it. Its a confidence thing me thinks. If you're pretty sure someone's walking on your side of the street you're more likely to give it a shot lol

2: My tastes differ to a lot of my straight male friends! I'm more into quirky funny girls (Ellen Page yum yum yum!) and Mika read my mind with Big Girls, you are beautiful!! Boobs is the one thing me and the lads agree on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Creadak

Bi guy here, The metal ladies do it for me mucho too Rainbow Kirby, Angela Gossow in particular....

As for men, it varies, generally the guys I'm into are more masculine. I don't really like girly guys in a sexual manner, that's just what I'm into. I like the more rugged types, I love stubble :P garethdavidlloyd.jpg Like him, Gareth David Lloyd.

gyllenhaal-jake-photo-xl-jake-gyllenhaal-6234213.jpg
    Jake Gyllenhaal

tr_knight_low_res.jpg

and TR Knight from Grey's Anatomy

God those pictures are huge Sorry :P Didn't think they were that large :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

As a bi-leaning-toward-gay man I ask you, What about Cristiano Ronaldo? He's goooooooorgeous!

Jude Law is nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

speaking as a bisexual woman, I wouldn't touch a single person posted so far (with the excepton of jake gyllenhaal...) with an 8 foot pole, particularly the women - all way too boyish.

CharlotteChurchWalkers.jpg

Kate_winslet.jpg

jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

drew-barrymore.jpg

1060828109_turesQUIZ3.jpg

Tula wrote: »
    (Ellen Page yum yum yum!)
    Gotta strongly agree with you on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

I can totally agre with this, Joey from friends is a right cutie, I love that whole dark hair brown eyes real turn on

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

hot2def wrote: »
    speaking as a bisexual woman, I wouldn't touch a single person posted so far (with the excepton of jake gyllenhaal...) with an 8 foot pole, particularly the women - all way too boyish.

CharlotteChurchWalkers.jpg

Kate_winslet.jpg

jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

drew-barrymore.jpg

1060828109_turesQUIZ3.jpg

Snap, snap, snap....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I know things......

Advertisement