Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arm/Leg Warmers

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a pair of arm and leg warmers. Was looking around and I'm thinking about ordering the only pair that www.cyclingpursuits.com stock

"Countour Arm Warmers" & "Contour Leg Warmers" in the clothing section. (Can't post a link)

DM16ARMB.jpg

DM16LEGB.jpg

Anyone have a pair of these? Are they any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i dont have those, i have BBB, but generally arm/leg warmers are cheap, so advice isnt really needed? is it? just buy em. if you dont like them, bin em. no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

ba wrote: »
    i dont have those, i have BBB, but generally arm/leg warmers are cheap, so advice isnt really needed? is it? just buy em. if you dont like them, bin em. no big deal.

Fair enough - just looking for something that might last a bit but I guess you're right. 50 lids is feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

ive had mine almost a year. no problems yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Looking to get a pair of arm and leg warmers. Was looking around and I'm thinking about ordering the only pair that www.cyclingpursuits.com stock

"Countour Arm Warmers" & "Contour Leg Warmers" in the clothing section. (Can't post a link)

DM16ARMB.jpg

DM16LEGB.jpg

Anyone have a pair of these? Are they any use?

Check out chainreactioncycles.com and/or probikekit.com before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I bought Gore Armwarmers early last year. The deciding factor was the windproof front - I love my windproof gilet and jacket that it was a feature that I felt would be very useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I would say Assos legs and arms they are really good hold there shape

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would say Assos legs and arms they are really good hold there shape
    That's surprising, I had heard that Assos kit was crap, only to be redeemed by its low low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Be careful trying them on. I was in a shop trying on a pair and my hand slipped and I punched myself in the face :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I bought a pair of leg and arm warmers recently in separate shops. Both were cheap but the material in one was mostly polyamide (nylon?) and the other mostly polyester. I found the nylon one was better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

blorg wrote: »
    That's surprising, I had heard that Assos kit was crap, only to be redeemed by its low low price.

Assos is the most expensive kit you buy

• Advertisement

E@gle. wrote: »
    Assos is the most expensive kit you buy
    Sorry, was a (poor) attempt at a joke, I know Assos are excellent but indeed as you say very expensive.

Contour is De Marchi who are a very reputable brand. But have a look at Wiggle for example- Assos indeed not much more than the Contours and there are cheaper options too (personally I would be slow to spend big € on leg/arm warmers but maybe I just need to see the light.)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Sorry, was a (poor) attempt at a joke, I know Assos are excellent but indeed as you say very expensive.

Contour is De Marchi who are a very reputable brand. But have a look at Wiggle for example- Assos indeed not much more than the Contours and there are cheaper options too (personally I would be slow to spend big € on leg/arm warmers but maybe I just need to see the light.)

The Main reason i went with the assos gear is that they do legs arms and knee warmers in blue which matches my team gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Cheers for the help folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

lol, i thought you were serious :D

I'm planning to pimp myself in Assos gear for next winter so i'll never feel the cold again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I bought Gore legwarmers last winter. Feel great, good wind resistance etc, but owing to my chunky thighs (unionman is chunky all over), they kept slipping down to my knees.
    :o:rolleyes::o:rolleyes::o:rolleyes:confused::confused::confused:
    Tragic.

unionman wrote: »
    I bought Gore legwarmers last winter. Feel great, good wind resistance etc, but owing to my chunky thighs (unionman is chunky all over), they kept slipping down to my knees.
    :o:rolleyes::o:rolleyes::o:rolleyes:confused::confused::confused:
    Tragic.
    Do you put them over or under your shorts? If you put them under the leg gripper of the shorts should keep them up (at least it does for me.) May depend on how grippy your shorts are of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Raam wrote: »
    Be careful trying them on. I was in a shop trying on a pair and my hand slipped and I punched myself in the face :o

I nearly spat coffee all over my screen! They should come with a warning or Parental Guidance... "Warning: May cause you to punch yourself in the face".

That's very funny, thanks for cheering up my Thursday afternoon.

BTW, I find the Adidas arm warmers comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Do you put them over or under your shorts? If you put them under the leg gripper of the shorts should keep them up (at least it does for me.) May depend on how grippy your shorts are of course.

Tried it both ways. Under does seem the logical option. I hadn't considered the 'grippiness' of the shorts. I had just assumed my wee stumps were too much of a challenge for Gore:D

I'll try them again when I get my Boards.ie bib shorts.

Advertisement