Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Unlimited free texts to any network, anytime, for life

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

img0022.jpg

So, as a Meteor customer, I would be able to text everyone I know regardless of network - although my call costs to Meteor, Vodafone & Three numbers would nearly double.

Hmmmm - looks tempting if your more of a txtr than a talker!

Currently I can txt anyone on Meteor for free, but then again, if I took this offer, the people I know with 5c calls to Meteor numbers could no longer call me for cheap! Decisions decisions...

Edit: Just spotted the charges for calling voicemail... Not good! Although I have heard of people just turning the service off altogether, so the person will send you a txt instead of leaving a message...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I noticed how O2 are screwing call costs as are vodafone. Tariffs are going up unless your on a special rate offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

They're not really free, they're just inclusive in the E20 per month you pay. Voicemail is a ripoff, especially for what it is, it uses no network connectivity beyond O2's infrastructure so it's simply screwing the customer.

Anyway Meteor also offer this and it's not really a bargain!

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

oneweb wrote: »
    They're not really free, they're just inclusive in the E20 per month you pay. Voicemail is a ripoff, especially for what it is, it uses no network connectivity beyond O2's infrastructure so it's simply screwing the customer.

Anyway Meteor also offer this and it's not really a bargain!
    Meteor don't offer free texts to ANY (Irish) network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

i havent topped up the 20 euro you're suposed to since the start of march and im still getting free texts regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Grimebox wrote: »
    i havent topped up the 20 euro you're suposed to since the start of march and im still getting free texts regardless
    20 topup in your first month activates it for that month and the following month....

20 topup March gives free texts April
    20 topup April gives free texts May
    etc...,

Not worthing of a new topic anyhow OP, it's been around 3 months and posted here before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228392

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

I am been given an option to chose free calls to 10 o2 numbers (instead of the option to get free texts);

3k37ye52va4s

But, here's the catch, O2 are forcing me to ditch my Early Bird tariff (cheap off-peak calls) to avail of either of these 'free' options.

3r6z5l

Not much of a bargain, methinks!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Until O2 start offering free voicemail i'll be avoiding them ilke the plague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not much of an alert considering they've been advertising this for months!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's a rip off. I moved to Three instead - 5c video, text and picture messages to any network. Calls to mobiles are more expensive than o2 but I don't make a huge amount of calls. I find it hard to get through all my credit on Three tbh! Topped up 20 euro at the start of april and I still have 8 euro left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I took their other deal, ring 10 other O2 numbers for free anytime..With the topup of 20 a month i just get their 200texts bundle for 12euro...I was on meteor and had a flat rate of 20c to any number/anytime...by switching to this deal ive reduced my phone bills from 80 a month to 20..IF you work it properly its a super deal!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

taung wrote: »
    I am been given an option to chose free calls to 10 o2 numbers (instead of the option to get free texts);

3k37ye52va4s

But, here's the catch, O2 are forcing me to ditch my Early Bird tariff (cheap off-peak calls) to avail of either of these 'free' options.

3r6z5l

Not much of a bargain, methinks!:rolleyes:

U get nailed on calls to other networks and VM, but if you are just a texter then not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mariuskl

Text is free, but calls are expensive. That's nasty.

Anyway, I don't worry about it. I'm a student and I have a lots of facilities, meaning 1c per minute at calls and 3c per text in network. In other networks...25c, extra expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'm with Meteor...and have the free texts to other Meteor numbers,so for me that's all my family and friends,there's only one of the lads that isn't Meteor so he prob get's most of the €20 a month spent on him,don't think I've used the €20 any month,haven't been out of credit for 3 years act,lol! If it wasn't for Meteor though I'd prob go through €10-€15 a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

random wrote: »
    Meteor don't offer free texts to ANY (Irish) network.

this may be worth a look!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055277466&highlight=450+free+texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@lonely_soldier - that appears to be an offer that is only limited to a very small userbase and is not something you can just sign up to.

Advertisement