Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The drifter bar.

• 23-04-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

For the past number of days I have had a slight grá for a drifter bar. Unable to find one in any of my local overpriced "inconvenienced" stores, I have been forced to find solace in other caramelly treats. I put this down to a bad selection and other such trivialities.

As I tucked into breakfast this morning, the topic of conversation moved from matters of world politics to chocolate. I informed my colleagues of my frustrations in finding a drifter bar. One of my colleagues, an earnest if unpolished Dublin man announced “Jaysus, they took them off the market months ago”.

Needless to say, not one more morsel of food passed my lips. I accused him of feckless roguery, and ****ehawkery. But under threat of actual bodily harm, he stands steadfast in his claim. Is this bar gone, this beacon of my childhood memories, this recipient of my first filling?

Enlighten me.
    Post edited by Gloomtastic! on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This would actually explain a lot. My missus has grown sick of my whinging about a noticeable lack of Drifter bars in every shop and garage in the area. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I was looking for one in a shop a couple of days ago but they didnt have any either. I havent seen them in a while either. Maybe they have been taken off. I hope not, I bloody love drifter bars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the drifter is like the lion bar and the moro peanut (starbar). they're not advertised at all and it's a cult following that has them still going. i actually forgot how good the lion bar was for over a year once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Drifters (catch my drift? :D) are nyom. Found this bit of info which may explain availability from here http://www.sweetieworld.co.uk/retro_sweets/drifter/

"Nestle Drifter is not available at the moment due to production problems. It is due to be back on the shelves later in 2008."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

God, hvn't had a drifter in ages. So the above would explain why I hvnt seen it about in any shop while I stand for minutes trying to figure out what chocolate bar I'm in the mood for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    God, hvn't had a drifter in ages. So the above would explain why I hvnt seen it about in any shop while I stand for minutes trying to figure out what chocolate bar I'm in the mood for.

Thank god someone else does that! The people in my local shops think I'm a weirdo because I stand there thinking about it for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Faith wrote: »
    Thank god someone else does that! The people in my local shops think I'm a weirdo because I stand there thinking about it for so long.
    Oh stop, I pick up a bar, then put it down as I see something else, then pick that up, but then put it down as Im really not in the mood for that, then pick something else up and put it down again..just goes on and on..can't help it.:o
    Oh and then yester I was in the mood for a galaxy caramel..do you think the shop had it?! No.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I'm Sure if you go to the €2 shop you will be bound to get a job lot of them there..

I had forgotten about Drifters until I read this Thread..
    I loved putting my drifter into the fridge and then having it with a nicr big mug of strong tar-like tea...

Fock, I really want one NOW!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EK9Dublin

i came into this forum to ask the same question as the OP. ive been looking for Drifters for the last 3 months in every shop i go into. theyre a very underrated bar

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Drifters Are Back In The Shops!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mint Drifter Bars FTW!!!

So damn lovely with a cuppa... mint chocolatty, caramelly, waffery goodness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

ok for anyone who lives in cork in o callaghans garage in ballyvolane they are selling drifter and kit kat chunky for a special deal think its €1.20. for the 2 bars which is class really!! happy days:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i had a drifter today.was totally epic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

My local newsagents always have them. Mind you, is it just me or has the quality of the chocolate dipped in recent years. Doesn't taste as good as it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

drifters went off the market for a year but they are back at last mmmmm i love them. I want them to make a mint version!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

i went into the kitchen in work yesterday to get a Drifter [mmMMmm] after reading this thread - pressed the wrong button in my excitement .......... and ended up with a Time-Out
    :(:(:(

Disaster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Westport Covies

They've been out of production since 2019.. evil bastards Nestlé say they're not bringing them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You are literally shouting into a 15-year-old void.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Westport Covies

Ha ha, i googled where did Drifter bars go and this thread was one of the top results.. i never thought to check the date stamps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Of all the chocolate bars, in all the world, you have to have one that’s been out of circulation for years. Seriously? 🙄

Zombie thread, closed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement