Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan CRC / Air Corps "Around the Mountains Charity Cycle"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Hi,
    What is the route like - is it mainly flat or mainly hilly or a mixture of both. Would be interested in signing up as it is only two weeks before the Wicklow 200 and a week after the Mount Leinster Challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

I'm not sure what the route is, but given that it starts at Baldonnel and takes in Wicklow I'm assuming there'll be a mixture of flat and hilly. Thought it might provide a bit of variety if you're preparing for the Wicklow 200.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Fast enough speed they plan to go at if they're taking in a few hills.

Hmm, I hadn't really paid attention to the "controlled" average speed (17-18 MPH). It looks like it's supposed to be a leisure event, so I can't imagine they want to put people under pressure; maybe that's just to stop people racing. Still, the photos from last year show one guy packing Zipps ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Definitely not one to show up at with unshaved legs;)

Then again, starting from Baldonnel, you don't have to pick through town to get out on the open road. The marshalls and motorbikes should help keep things moving smoothly as well. Weird that they didn't publish a route map though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

rogerb wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the route is, but given that it starts at Baldonnel and takes in Wicklow I'm assuming there'll be a mixture of flat and hilly. Thought it might provide a bit of variety if you're preparing for the Wicklow 200.

route is as follows if i remember from doin it last yr:

baldonnel-rathcoole-punchestown-brannockstown-dunlavin-baltinglass-hacketstown-tinahely-aughrim-rathdrum-laragh-wicklow gap-blessington-baldonnel

well worth doin tbh, will b signing up for it this yr again......was alot of leisure\racing cyclists doing it last yr, so if your think your capable then sign up.

marshalls and motorbikes do a great job as it keeps the event moving.

Thanks for the info smithslist. I've just put my application in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

rogerb wrote: »
    Thanks for the info smithslist. I've just put my application in the post.

see you there......:)

smithslist wrote: »
    see you there......:)

... or maybe not: just had my application form returned with a note to say the event has been postponed until further notice.

Advertisement