Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcsa\mcse

Options
  • 23-04-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I was enquiring about doing the MCSE in a certain college and they 100% insisted that I have to do the MCSA first saying that this was a Microsoft stipulation???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Nope.. its not a stipulation, just usually recommended as the MCSA is a subset of the MCSE..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

No ya dont.
    But when ya have the mcse done then ya have mcsa as well. its a subset of the overall exams. i just did the exams one by one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Its best to do the MCSA exam parts first, then the extra 3 to get your MCSE.....it makes sense, just incase you take a break etc atleast you have a certain level certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I was enquiring about doing the MCSE in a certain college and they 100% insisted that I have to do the MCSA first saying that this was a Microsoft stipulation???

Just to be 100% clear.

If you do an MCSE Course, its 7 exams.

An MCSA is 4 exams.

If you do the Full MCSE course, you will do the MCSA before you do the MCSE, because its the easiest path to the MCSE.

SO the full MCSE course, includes you doing the MCSA as part of that course, ie the course will cover all 7 exams needed and you will recieve the MCP, MCSA and MCSE Certs.

Perhaps this is what they meant?

I haven't heard of anyone offering an MCSA to MCSE three exam course and marketing it as an MCSE course

Advertisement