Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Saver Experience with Halifax

Options
  • 23-04-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that Halifax reduced their rates in April, but as I had opened my account around the cut-off date re €350/€750 lodgement limit decided to check with them. (I lodge 750 pm)

When I opened the account I had opted to make the first lodgement by SO. The call centre guy told me that the rate on my account was only 2.5% as their had been no initial lodgement, but that if I now lodged an amount by post or in a branch between 10 and 750, they could correct and backdate the interest to 7% from my first lodgement!! The rate from February is only 4% however!

Am going to get my backdated interest, then either reduce my monthly lodgement to the min or close the account (depends on the penalties!!)

If anyone is in doubt about their own accounts, I suggest you give them a call

Advertisement