Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Power Recliner / Made To Work Manually?

Options
  • 23-04-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought a power recliner and chair off Reids Furniture for 450 euros delivered (cost around 1200 for the pair if working).

I'm quite happy with it just as is but it would be a massive bonus if I could get it working again. If it it just was to work without the power feature then that would be great.

I've tried to have a go myself but it's really an area I wouldn't have a clue about.

So, does anyone know of a person or company that could get it working again? Would an upholsteror have any ideas?

Nico

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

My Dad bought some (working) electric recliners from reids last year and Im pretty sure he was told that the motors were fairly inexpensive to replace. Have you priced replacment motors from reids?

Failing that - you could ask the good people here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018 as this might be a fun project.

V.

Advertisement