Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music downloads

Options
  • 23-04-2008 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

now is it illegal to download music from a website that you have on a computer game for e.g. mario kart for the wii i have been talking to friends who work in the legal profession say it is a grey area
    any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The music is still the copyright of the creator, so most likely illegal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 musicmatty

I would say illegal too

"Some of the best pop/rock you are likely to hear this or any year" - Tony Clayton-Lea, Irish Times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Whether the creator of the music licences it to the game publisher or the game publisher buys all the rights to the music from the music maker you can be sure that someone owns the copyright to it, so most likely illegal Id say as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm going to say if in doubt, don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would have thought that if you had the game owning the music would be similar to owning a back up copy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I would have thought that if you had the game owning the music would be similar to owning a back up copy

Where there is even the remotest of possibilities of the legal vultures being able to get their hands on a fee tis' unwise to assume anything! :D

Advertisement