Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator: possibly abusing his position

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Overheal wrote: »
    OKAY

to add substance to this I present herea:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256323

To be fair Lemming does appear very high strung and anal. Perhaps in need of a holiday.
    Yeah he seems to have lost the head a little in that thread. I can understand why the issue is there though and as annoying as people just not getting the rules is, he probably shouldn't have reacted in such a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Overheal wrote: »
    OKAY

to add substance to this I present herea:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256323

To be fair Lemming does appear very high strung and anal. Perhaps in need of a holiday.

Really, I would have said the multiple warnings, trolling posts, questions on thread about moderator decisions and complete confusion in the first 3 pages about who actually made and accepted an offer would have justified Lemming to be rather pissed.

Go to adverts.ie and say "Offer 50, sending pm". See what happens...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nothing wrong with that thread. People don't follow rules, posts get reported, people get banned. Every mod on this website do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I presume there is a reason why the Airsoft Adverts isn't just apart of Adverts.ie, and has it's own seperate forum right here on boards?

That thread linked to above.

There were people banned for questioning modding on-thread.

That must be in every charter of every forum on boards that it will result in a ban.

I'd be seriously pissed off if some muppets kept doing it, even after someone else was banned for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't see anything wrong in that thread to be honest. People just didn't seem to be grasping or rather appreciative of the concept of the rules.

Where's the evidence of this broken jaw claim? the link to an airsoft thread seems totally irrelevant to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DesF wrote: »
    I presume there is a reason why the Airsoft Adverts isn't just apart of Adverts.ie, and has it's own seperate forum right here on boards?

Because of the nature of the items, the admins thought it would be a good idea to keep it in the airsoft forum so the relevant mods could keep an eye on it.

The problem here being that a lot of people seem to forget that adverts.ie rules apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

For the past couple of months i have had run ins with moderator by the name of lemming, after i dared question the authority of a organisation to represent a group of sports people, namely the Irish Airsoft Association that coincidently he was a member of.

I was threatened with "broken jaw" in the thead by said mod, i reported this but as per usual nothing happened.

Actually, the threat of a broken jaw was not direct and very much in response to the innuendo implied by you of airsofters having association with republican paramilitaries (and by extension myself) by the title of a thread you created, originally called "The Real I.A.A."

Said thread was reported to the moderators and the site administrators by myself and records exist to that effect.

Oh, and one other thing. On that particular forum I am not a moderator, kthxbye ...

I have since been banned by him twice for 1 week periods, from the airsoft adverts section for fractions that others got mere warnings for.

Youve' been banned alongside a lot of others for failing to bother taking stock fo the rules. As the airsoft adverts forum has grown, proactive and very visible moderation has been required. There's been no grand conspiracy. You've been banned for rules violations. Simple as.
    The second period however went on for 3-4 weeks, i advised him that my ban was up twice, after my second PM, he reverted informing me that i was now banned for an extra 4 weeks for threatening him, i have asked him to clarify what exactly this "threatening behaviour" was but am awaitng a response.
    His PM ending with the wonderful phrase:
    "Now with that in mind, be a good "boy" and kindly. Fvck. Off."

Now i know that we are not entilted to free speach on boards, per se, but this is going overboard. surley o person of authority cannot be allowed to abuse that position just because someone has a different opinion to them.
    Mods in general are not a bad lot, but a small percentage do tend to be.

Is there any recourse to this?

Here's the pm conversation in its entirety for whomever wants to care ...
    Lemming wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    Lemming wrote:
    you've been banned for one week for thread-spoiling. Please familiarise yourself with the adverts rules before you bother posting again. You will need to log out to view the rules since you're currently banned.

Questioning a moderator decision in an advert is not the place to do it. Use the adverts feedback forum instead.

Contact myself or another airsoft adverts mod after 7 days (that's next Wednesday)

nothing ever happens with reporting ect so theres no point, the thread in question is the only place for things like that so people can get a full idea as to the mood.

what exactly will happen if i do go to feedback?

Nothing ever happens? Do you think that moderators live at your beck and call? We are not employees, we do not get paid for this. Report a post, one of us will get to it. Maybe not inside of .0001 of a second to satisfy your impatience but it will be dealt with.

To answer your question on feedback, any queries you have regarding what goes on in a given thread, querying of bans, interpretations of rules will get answered. Without you receiving a ban for asking.

here that ban is up, unban me, alright?

i wont tell you again boy.

I have been stupidly busy with work for the last few weeks and doing very long days. So understandably I have had more important things to concern myself with than your rather abrupt demands that a ban be lifted. Given that last post, you can have an extra four weeks off for abuse.

But as an aside; y'know .... that sounded awfully much like a threat. Threats tend to have you removed from boards.ie forever. Now with that in mind, be a good "boy" and kindly. Fvck. Off.

If you have a problem, kindly take it up with the site administrators on the feedback forum. I will of course be only too happy to furnish the site administrators with the contents of this mail.

explain to me exactly how i abused you boy.

and secondly im a little bit smarter than to go making "threats", be that in writing or on a public message board, any "threat" you inferred was merly in your own mind.

you cant have been too busy if you were posting on boards.

and yes i will be taking this up with feedback, a chap like you, on a complete power trip, has no business being a moderator.

if you have a problem with me at least have the balls to be honest about it rather than hiding behind the safety of your moderator position.

see you soon.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Because of the nature of the items, the admins thought it would be a good idea to keep it in the airsoft forum so the relevant mods could keep an eye on it.
    Ah-ha, thanks.

Makes sense I suppose.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    The problem here being that a lot of people seem to forget that adverts.ie rules apply.
    Is the charter specific on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just reading a couple of threads on there is making my brain hurt. It's worse than the CS and Soccer forums at the peak of their idiocy! Jesus, I'd be highly strung if I had to mod that ****e.

Seems this is the post where Lemming threatened violence. I would say that's rather uncalled for, but good god, some people on there are really pushing things to breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey Lemming, did you see where I said I liked you?

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was threatened with "broken jaw" in the thead by said mod, i reported this but as per usual nothing happened.

Based on actually seeing the post by Lemming, it would appear you are full of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Lemming wins in my book :)

Master of the Universe

Is the charter specific on that?

It is indeed.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055099052

Master of the Universe

Just reading a couple of threads on there is making my brain hurt. It's worse than the CS and Soccer forums at the peak of their idiocy! Jesus, I'd be highly strung if I had to mod that ****e.

Seems this is the post where Lemming threatened violence. I would say that's rather uncalled for, but good god, some people on there are really pushing things to breaking point.

I hope Rews 'warning' now makes sense ;)

Nerin wrote: »
    Lemming wins in my book :)

funny-pictures-gasp-hamster.jpg?w=480&h=640

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Never saw a more valid ban in my life.

Massive sensationalism OP, good job. I don't think you're going to be a postive contributer to the Airsoft forum, so I don't see why you think you've earned access.

Time for pics now I believe...

DriveMeCloser.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow, what a condescending little bollocks (silver haze). Perma-ban him imo.

Also, I think it's quite clear that Lemming wasn't addressing the OP personally with the broken nose comment.

The OP didn't threaten lemming in the PMs, as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

The OP didn't threaten lemming in the PMs, as far as I can see.

To be fair, "I won't tell you again" could be seen as a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lemming clearly was not directing the threat at you. and you should know a lot better than to make the insinuations that you did, picking a name like the Real IAA. Definitely ban-worthy.
    Lemming wrote:
    The next person who makes inference that I am somehow associated with paramilitary scum by my association with airsoft will end up with a broken nose among other things. That is a promise. I am livid.

Still not Kosher.

To be fair, "I won't tell you again" could be seen as a threat.
    To be fair
    The next person who makes inference that I am somehow associated with paramilitary scum by my association with airsoft will end up with a broken nose among other things. That is a promise. I am livid.

...is an actual threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Go to adverts.ie and say "Offer 50, sending pm". See what happens...
    A one way ticket to bansville. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MachineGunPrairieDog.jpg

To be fair

...is an actual threat.

To be fair, I didn't say that wasn't a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

airsoftitsser128534411068593750.jpgstickemupreg128534411713281250.jpg

To be fair, that comment was made in the Airsoft forum where Lemming is not a moderator, just a normal user like everyone else.

...is an actual threat.

Is it a personnel threat though? Isn't there a big difference is saying

I'm going to kick the next person who calls me that name

and

I'm going to kick you for calling me that name.

Could the first not be considered a warning, rather then a full blown threat?

Ps:I got's the quoted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

feylya wrote: »
    To be fair, that comment was made in the Airsoft forum where Lemming is not a moderator, just a normal user like everyone else.

Still a threat.
    And he certainly isnt threatening mod action or anything, anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement